David Beckham | Football | News | Tattoo | Victoria Beckham

David Beckham Running Out of Real Estate for Tattoos

Beckham

David Beckham has fed his addiction to ink, the Sun reports:

"The new marking on his [inner] left arm is a biblical proverb written in Hebrew. It reads: 'My son, do not forget my teaching but keep my commands in your heart.' A source revealed: 'Victoria doesn’t think David should have any more tattoos and tried to stop him having another. She likes his tatts but wants a bit of his skin to be left, yet David went ahead with it anyway. She is worried he is hooked and she doesn’t know where it will all end. He is a very healthy bloke. He doesn’t smoke, barely drinks and looks after his body very carefully. But his addiction is tattoos. So while his insides are as clean as a whistle, his outsides are quite the opposite.'"

Comments

1. Ugh. Tattoos are a fashion trend that will be ugly and uncool in another decade, just like they were a decade ago.

Posted by: Jeff Davies | Dec 30, 2008 12:48:16 PM

2. I don't care how many tattoos he puts on himself, he's about as masculine as Ethel Merman. A big queen trying to act/look butch.

Posted by: B-rod | Dec 30, 2008 1:06:24 PM

3. I've got a few inches of flesh he can tattoo his name on.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Dec 30, 2008 1:06:38 PM

4. That looks like it is written in Arabic not Hebrew.

Posted by: RJ | Dec 30, 2008 1:18:05 PM

5. Tattoos are the bad haircut that never grows out. Imagine having a permanent mullet. Remember in the 80’s and 90’s how those bushy 70’s mustaches quickly became the ‘old queen“ look. Think what it will be like never being able to shave it off.

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 30, 2008 1:21:12 PM

6. All the tat haters just don't understand.

Life's too short NOT to make your body a gallery of beautiful custom artwork. And regarding: "But what will it look like when I'm 80?!?", if how my tats look is my biggest concern when I'm 80, I will be a very lucky man. And I'll have the beautiful custom artwork I have now every single day from now until then.

Posted by: JeffRob | Dec 30, 2008 1:38:32 PM

7. At least he has good teeth. I am so tired of seeing these inked up morons with bad teeth.

Yes, tattoos are SO last century.

Posted by: Rad | Dec 30, 2008 2:15:49 PM

8. I was ambivalent about tattoos for a long time. I didn't want one because I couldn't imagine an image that would still interest me in 10 years, much less 50. But living in San Francisco, you become inured to them and they're a non-issue, and I've never cared what other people do to themselves if they're not hurting themselves or me.

Then on a recent group trip to Cambodia, I met a couple who both had understated black tattos on their calves. Maybe a few inches square, with cool designs they'd come up with themselves. I have marks on my calves from bike accidents that drive me insane, and various physicians and cosmestic surgeons have said I'd just have to wait for them to go away. Well, it's been four years and I'm sick of waiting. So I will soon be sporting a tattoo of my own, and these nasty marks where gravel got embedded deep in my skin will no longer bother me every damn day. I have no idea why it took me four years to come up with this idea.

I bet that's where Becks will go next---he's run out of arm space, his back will soon be filled, and doing his chest too much could hurt his potential for lucrative ad campaigns. So his legs are the logical next step for this addict.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 30, 2008 2:21:23 PM

9. I always thought marrying Posh Spice was his gay giveaway. Seriously, it's like marrying one of the mannequins at bergdorfs.

Posted by: Dan | Dec 30, 2008 2:22:16 PM

10. I don't care what other people do with their skin, but I still have yet to see ONE tattoo that I've liked. They're all done so crudely yet everyone keeps calling them art. If it's art, it's the worst art I've seen... bad edges, horrible colors, sloppy drawing skills.

If you're going to do something THAT permanent, at least make sure it's a quality job instead of something that looks like your fellow inmate jabbed it into you with a Bic.

Posted by: Johnny | Dec 30, 2008 2:35:50 PM

11. so Johnny --

how did you know about my cellmate? And it was a Biro for the record.

Posted by: David B. | Dec 30, 2008 2:56:41 PM

12. Um, why do we even care about this man *or* his tattoos?

Posted by: Raybob | Dec 30, 2008 3:10:36 PM

13. I can't understand the hate for tattoos. I don't have any tattoos of my own, but I love seeing other people's tattoos.

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 30, 2008 4:09:11 PM

14. I still can't quite grasp the infatuation that the entire world has with this man. There are much better football players, both technique-wise and body-wise. He married a Spice Girl? Come on, he didn't even get one that can sing and at any rate she'll have melted into a puddle in a few years, if she doesn't blow away in a strong wind first. For as much as everyone goes on and on, I still wouldn't include him in a list of the world's 100 most beautiful or sexy men, and that's considering my vote before he opens his mouth. Am I from another planet?

Posted by: inor | Dec 30, 2008 4:37:18 PM

15. Top marks for writing all that without once using the word "chav"!

Posted by: inor | Dec 30, 2008 4:42:44 PM

16. Top marks for writing all that without once using the word "chav"!

Posted by: inor | Dec 30, 2008 4:43:21 PM

17. The media use of the word "addiction" to describe everything from crack to "American Idol" is as trivializing as it is inaccurate. Their obsessions with the two Beckham mannequins is merely puzzling.

Posted by: Bryan | Dec 30, 2008 5:10:36 PM

18. Bryan, for the record I was using "addict" sarcastically because I agree with you. I've got far too much experience with addiction to consider this usage anything more than a hype-inducing insult.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 30, 2008 5:38:56 PM

19. Some people think red velvet flocked wallpaper is the hallmark of good taste in decorating.

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 30, 2008 5:40:00 PM

20. If his dick is as big as they say, there's a couple of inches!!!

Posted by: James Poppinga | Dec 30, 2008 6:14:17 PM

21. Didn't this site report he stuffs?

Posted by: Garst | Dec 31, 2008 12:39:40 AM

22. Jeffrob is absolutely right. Being tattooed myself, I'll always be adorned with what *I* find to be beautiful and meaningful mementoes of times, events, moods and people past.

And I couldn't give a flying fuck whether anyone finds them "cool" or "ugly." That's life - variety of tastes and expression. You wear your pressed jeans and I'll wear my tatts.

Posted by: Chaq | Dec 31, 2008 3:20:44 AM

23. Well I will always remember what Diana Vreeland had to say on the matter: "Never ink your body"....and a more chic person never existed.

Posted by: Chad | Jan 2, 2009 12:10:12 AM

24. Why is everyone hating tattoos?
    I'm covered in them and I LOVE waking up and seeing all of these bright colours and wonderful pieces of artwork.

Sure, they may not look as good in 20-30years but they will still be awesome