Film | News | Robert Pattinson | Salvador Dali

BigGayDeal.com

Robert Pattinson and the Little Ashes Trailer

Rp1

I've posted a few photos and clips, but the full trailer for Little Ashes, which stars Robert Pattinson as Salvador Dali and Javier Beltran as Federico Garcia Lorca, came out this week.

You can watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

These shots are by Theo Wenner from the December 12 issue of Rolling Stone...

Rp2

Comments

1. That's some crazy underarm hair!

Posted by: Allen | Dec 5, 2008 7:32:57 PM

2. You ever find someone cute but also not get the appeal? Yeah, that's me with this one.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 5, 2008 7:38:20 PM

3. This film looks promising, I like the fact that we are seeing historical figures in a different light. He have a Dali museum here in Tampa Bay, shows a new light on his place in the world. Andy, you are working late on a Friday night, of course, here I am surfing on a Friday night too. And Derrick, how is your man Donovan working out? I bet you wish you had gay Jeff as still your quarterback, huh? Tampa Bay Bucs going all the way!

Posted by: davefromtampa | Dec 5, 2008 7:51:54 PM

4. Eh big deal. Trim it a little. Or not, I don't even care.

Pattinson is hotness.

Posted by: sparks | Dec 5, 2008 7:54:11 PM

5. God, that boy is the SEX. I don't know why, but he just does it for me:)

Posted by: BD | Dec 5, 2008 8:03:07 PM

6. gotta say the armpit hair got me as well. Someone buy this boy a set of clippers for Christmas.

Posted by: Nick | Dec 5, 2008 8:46:15 PM

7. Jay, I'm with you. He's ok, but nothing special in the looks or acting department. I'm not getting why the media is ramming him down our throats.

Posted by: Matty | Dec 5, 2008 11:12:41 PM

8. OMFG! HE'S BEAUTIFUL! CANT FUCKING WAIT....OH SHUT UP IM ONLY 15!

Posted by: Dakota | Dec 6, 2008 12:18:15 AM

9. Could presenting glamor photos of a "hot" movie star (I don't find him attractive, myself) with a goddamn cigarette in his mouth, and a pack of cigarettes nearby, be any more IRRESPONSIBLE? And here are 15 year olds chiming into this blog oohing and aahing over this individual, seen smoking.

I'm, like, f*cking shocked at this sh*t!

Again, this is unbelievably irresponsible -- I'm talking about photographer Theo Wenner and Rolling Stone magazine, definitely, while I think it's unfortunate that Towleroad is implicitly approving of the "smoking is cool" message here. I thought the glamorization of smoking ended in the early 1990s.

To me, this is no less irresponsible than encouraging barebacking. I mean, last I checked cigarettes still KILL hundreds of thousands of people each year, in the U.S. alone.

I'm finding this Pattinson guy, himself, extremely irresponsible, to choose to be photographed this way.

That image with the cigarette in his mouth is, to me, beyond unattractive. It's repulsive.

Posted by: Be responsible | Dec 6, 2008 2:04:04 AM

10. Be Responsible, you can't "be serious" right? Sorry if I'm missing the joke.

I, for one, am very excited to see a movie about two of my very favorite artists -- Lorca and Dali.

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Dec 6, 2008 3:53:31 AM

11. I actually agree with the comments about cigarettes appearing in a couple of the photos, even though this generation of kids/teens certainly cannot claim that they haven't been educated enough on the dangers of smoking.

However, I believe the irresponsibility belongs mostly to the photographer, who clearly intended not to put much else in the frame other than Robert, coffee, and cigarettes. (A boy and his vices.)

I still think Pattinson is hot (and would be hotter without the cig). I don't think he's consciously trying to send any kind of message. In interviews he has been embarrassingly honest, he doesn't groom himself to death, and isn't obsessed with working out or having a perfect.. anything. Evidently he has avoided being shackled him with handlers to make sure he says the right things, does the right things, goes to the right places, etc.

He brought both parents with him when he appeared on Ellen, for chrissake, not something one would do if trying to be seen as a bad boy.

For his own sake, though, I do hope he ditches the smokes.

Posted by: sparks | Dec 6, 2008 7:15:46 AM

12. looking forward to the dvd.

Posted by: hangten | Dec 6, 2008 7:36:39 AM

13. Is his armpit hair that shocking? Doesn't armpit hair grow? Don't most men let that happen?

Cigarettes ain't sexy, but 'cool' has yet to become unattached to sexy people with one hanging nonchalantly from their lips. I don't know how you undo that association, save by opting to make your object look cool in some other way. But if you're gonna criticise a man for having armpit hair, how is anyone going to figure out what's attractive and acceptable, and what is not?

Posted by: DD | Dec 6, 2008 8:15:12 AM

14. Who is this guy again? Meh.

I keep reading his name in gay blogs, but don't get the appeal- aside from the fact that he doesn't appear to be a hairless twink.

Is there such as thing as a hairy twink?

Posted by: Kyle | Dec 6, 2008 9:33:08 AM

15. It's clear with this role Robby wants to diversify his creds! But someone should seriously tell him to get rid of that bush growing from his underarms!

xo
    Rants, Thoughts & Merde

Posted by: NativeNYker | Dec 6, 2008 10:13:28 AM

16. This movie looks very exciting! Rob Pattinson wlll cause a sensation. There will be many jokes and spoofs on SNL (like Brokeback Mountain) but who cares! This one is REALLY pushing the envelope! Good for all of them. I can't wait to see it!!!

Posted by: Jim B. | Dec 6, 2008 11:12:11 AM

17. I dont get RP at all. not sexy to me in the slightest. Just like zac efron.

Posted by: Dan B | Dec 6, 2008 11:43:31 AM

18. WOW! SO much vitrol for sexy ciggys and armpits! HAHHA. I can't believe it. Let's at James Dean for one minute.

My fav. about this guy, was last week in New York Mag the film reviewer stated:

"He’s more my idea of a hunky Frankenstein Monster than a hunky vampire, with six inches of hair above six inches of forehead above a foot of face in too obvious white greasepaint. But he matches up with Stewart, who has a long face herself, although rather less lipstick."

HAHAHAHOT!

Posted by: Br!on | Dec 6, 2008 12:34:35 PM

19. Never understood the pouty, bored, fuck-you look, myself.

Posted by: Raybob | Dec 6, 2008 12:50:53 PM

20. Wow... The comments in this blog are inane and petty to the point that I'm a little bit shocked. The movie that this blog is about is based on true events that occurred in the cutting edge art circles of Spain (and France) in the 1930's. Bunuel, Garcia Lorca and Dali were 3 of the most significant figures in 20th century culture, and the movie is telling their story of when they met and began their careers. At that time and place, and especially in that milieu, EVERYBODY smoked, and there are hundreds or thousands of historical photographs of these people smoking. That these commenters would rather tow the line of 21st century North American political correctness rather than be historically accurate shows that (sigh) real art and culture may be wasted on the new gay generation. Go back to watching your Brittany and Pink dance club videos. I'm sure nobody is smoking in those.

Posted by: José | Dec 6, 2008 12:55:19 PM

21. Thank you, Jose. It's called acting, people. They're recreating the reality of those individuals.
    Get a clue, and a fuckin life, please.

Posted by: JeffRob | Dec 6, 2008 1:04:20 PM

22. Watch the real Salvador Dali in this clip from the 1950's game show What's My line, where he is the mystery guest. He's a weird one.

Posted by: john | Dec 6, 2008 2:38:38 PM

23. The ones making the ridiculous complaints about the cigarette and armpit hair are the same unhappy trolls who choose to inflict their misery on the world via internet forums and comment sections on blogs. It's a vent for them to project their bitterness and dissatisfaction with their own lives. Pay no attention. They would tear down a good-looking man no matter if he was a twink, bodybuilder, bear, or whatever. It's such obvious projection and it's pathetic. Who is tired of these people? Raise your hand.

Posted by: dude | Dec 6, 2008 3:07:20 PM

24. He continues to do absolutely nothing for me.

Posted by: AJ | Dec 7, 2008 8:16:40 AM

25. I have no problem with guys having hair under their arms but this guy's is out of control...some judicious trimming would make things good again.

Posted by: aaron | Dec 7, 2008 12:21:10 PM