Fashion Men | Models | News | Robert Pattinson

BigGayDeal.com

Robert Pattinson Shunned as a Model When He Got Too Manly

Rp1Robert Pattinson told Closer magazine that he had to give up modeling because he started looking like a man:

"When I first started I was quite tall and looked like a girl, so I got lots of jobs, because it was during that period where the androgynous look was cool. Then, I guess, I became too much of a guy, so I never got any more jobs. I had the most unsuccessful modelling career."

Meanwhile, Rolling Stone asks the actor: Do you have any gay teenagers contacting you?

"Not really. It's really just increasingly more and more straight guys than gay guys — unless my gaydar is just not really working. It's just started happening recently. They're all kind of a little bit embarrassed about it, but they'll all go up and still get their book signed or whatever. I'm so used to like writing to girls I always keep writing like, "Love, romance and kiss, kiss, kiss" that I have to like cross it out, "Oh, sorry about that."

Previously
Robert Pattinson's Action Figure Flaunts its Hair [tr]
Robert Pattinson and the Little Ashes Trailer [tr]
Robert Pattinson and Javier Beltran: Longing in Little Ashes [tr]
Gay Relationships and Fanging with Robert Pattinson [tr]
How Robert Pattinson Nurtures That Incredible Hair [tr]

Comments

1. Is Towleroad becoming a Robert Pattinson fan site? This story, like the actor himself, was not that interesting that it needed to be posted as news.

Posted by: Matty | Dec 11, 2008 3:02:17 PM

2. i find him to be ridiculously hot...i cant believe he ended up failing as a model...i think even scruffy he has an amazing look. i definitely dont see him as too masculine, he is still very young.

Posted by: gia | Dec 11, 2008 3:28:50 PM

3. Even if he's straight, making a reference to his "gaydar" is pretty bold (it's the kind of thing a handler would tell him to avoid). Apparently he's quite comfortable in his own skin and with his own masculinity. I bet he's a hoot to hang out with! And yeah, I still think he's hot .. scruff and all.

If he had signed an autograph for me with "Love, romance and kiss, kiss, kiss," I'd ask him for one. :)

Posted by: sparks | Dec 11, 2008 3:58:42 PM

4. Mr. Pattinson is such a neurotic. Poor boy!

Posted by: Marc in Chicago | Dec 11, 2008 4:26:34 PM

5. Not sure why, but he does little for me. He's got that older/euro/artsy thing and well, never heard any gay guy saying they found those qualities attractive. To each their own, I guess.

Posted by: Drew | Dec 11, 2008 4:42:06 PM

6. He's not cute and he's not handsome...I don't find him attractive at all.

Posted by: Bojo | Dec 11, 2008 4:46:01 PM

7. Agree with Marc in Chicago: I find him to be "meh." I just don't see it. If he wasn't in some teenie bopper flick, I doubt anyone would give him a second look.

Posted by: Me in DC | Dec 11, 2008 4:56:04 PM

8. Wash your hair!, Brush your teeth!

Posted by: ken | Dec 11, 2008 10:03:07 PM

9. Yummo!

I'd take Rob and his realistic looks and devilish wit over the waxed, plucked, bleached, capped, photoshopped and bland current crop of American "hunks" any day...

Posted by: wirrrrn | Dec 12, 2008 1:28:52 AM

10. His hairline is receeding, time to shave it and become a real estate agent. Modelling is not a real career.

Posted by: Ty | Dec 12, 2008 10:31:50 AM

11. Oh dear, the queasy comments about being manly have started. I'm sure we'll have a decade of more to come of Jake Gyllenhaal-inspired references to how wonderfully straight he is. Whatever dude....

Posted by: EM | Dec 14, 2008 2:18:51 PM

12. Robert Pattinson is the Man...I dont care what they say about him...He can be dirty he can be whatever he likes..Most of the people on here probably dont do as much as they say....Ur the bomb Robert no matter what...

Posted by: Jules_spaz | Dec 16, 2008 11:40:33 AM

13. WTF are you even talking about, Em?

Posted by: sam | Dec 17, 2008 10:59:24 AM

14. so ihr kleinen kinderchen
    lasst sofort und augendbicklich MEINEN EHEmann robbi baby auch genannnt robert pattison in ruhe oder ihr werdet gekillt vin seiner eheFRAU so.

ICH WARNE EUCH ALLE

LIEBE GRÜße SEINE FRAU
    HEAGDL

Posted by: edwards ehefrau | Feb 20, 2009 2:46:54 PM

15. robert pattinson is SO HOT!!!!! he is my IDOL!!! I LOVE HIM TO DEATH!!!!

Posted by: laura | Jun 20, 2009 11:18:45 PM

16. I think he is the most beautiful man in the world! And no I am NOT a teenager!

Posted by: Leah | Jan 31, 2010 12:10:33 AM