Football | News | Sports

Third Division Player Claims He was Gay Rent Boy to 12 Football Stars

Dgad1

In a televised interview with TV station La 7, a third division football player says he moonlighted as a rent boy to a dozen well known footballers:

Cristiano1"A player named only as 'Victory' claims he has been the lover of 12 well-known top flight stars. The third-division player said that he had been paid for sex by players and that the trysts took place at the end of games in hotels and sometimes even in changing rooms. Victory said that he had become a rent boy to try to supplement his footballer's income and said that he would often escort players to functions...His revelations come just weeks after MP Franco Grillini, president of Italian gay group Archigay, said there were at least '20 homosexual footballers in Serie A'. Grillini added:'A lot of these players have girlfriends or wives - it's all a facade put there as a cover. They are really scared of coming out because they are terrified what the supporters would say.'"

English_9Said Victory: "I am talking about important players. Serie A players even internationals and married players. We are talking about more than just kissing. I charge 1500 euros (£1300) and the players pay up no problem. Most of the time we meet in hotels after matches, that's when they get their only free time. They just want to relax and they don't have any problems kissing me on the mouth. But they are all terrified of being found out. I have about 30 clients who are footballers and I would say that a dozen are Serie A and national team players - several times I have been asked to take part in group sex sessions. Players from the same team and my friends and it is always just for sex. They all know I am a footballer as well but they like me because I am discreet. A lot of them are bisexual, they are married or have girlfriends. They have a respectable image but none of them will ever admit to being gay, not for the time being anyway.'

Photos for illustration purposes only.

Comments

1. I'm not buying this guy's story until I see pictures.

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 8, 2008 12:04:26 PM

2. $1,300 per session? Phew, guess old boy george is out of his price range. Of course Victory would have been discreet enough not to touch his computer. Still, like Peter, I would need pics to believe it.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Dec 8, 2008 12:09:14 PM

3. Serie A is Italian football. So the pictures of Ronaldo, Ashley Cole, and the other English players don't even make sense.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 8, 2008 12:44:09 PM

4. Ugh! Why show pictures of random football/soccer players? Unless these are the men who are believed to be paying for sex, isn't showing their pictures inflammatory and slanderous (given that paying for sex is illegal in many countries)? The sexy picture of football/soccer players in their underwear taken out of context. Doesn't taking a picture of kindness between sportsmen and using it in this context just play on the homophobic fears that showing affection makes men gay.

I really enjoy Towleroad except when it goes off the rails and enters the Fox News zone. A little bit of journalistic standards would be great!

Posted by: noah | Dec 8, 2008 12:47:31 PM

5. Seems that if the story was indeed genuine, he'd keep his mouth shut.

Posted by: hangten | Dec 8, 2008 1:15:56 PM

6. "Photos for illustration purposes only. "
    ------

Thanks for that, Andy! Don't listen to the hypocritical old queens who expect you to check your sense of fun and individuality at the door. This is *your* blog.

You've proven well that it's possible to disseminate worthwhile news bits of gay sociopolitical interest while including some light and sexy bits too. Let the self-appointed content censors find another blog to haunt if they can't politely just skip what doesn't appeal to them here.

Posted by: sparks | Dec 8, 2008 2:24:55 PM

7. "They like me because I am discreet."

Well, that is before he went public with his story.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Dec 8, 2008 2:56:37 PM

8. So much for being "discreet," eh? This is a wonk story -- totally non-credible.

Posted by: michael | Dec 8, 2008 3:41:10 PM

9. Towleroad has ceased to be 'just' somebody's blog. Whether it was originally intended or not, it is now an influential venue for the LGBT community. As such, I agree with Noah that there are reponsibilities that come with this new territory. Less vapidity please.

Posted by: Bading | Dec 8, 2008 3:59:59 PM

10. i'm w/SPARKS. ANDY has a disclaimer. that's good enough for me.

btw, ANDY, you can post gratuitous photos of hot futboleros anytime, especially of Cristiano. ignore the harpies.

Posted by: nic | Dec 8, 2008 4:53:57 PM

11. If you can provide photos of the group sex sessions not only would I believe it, but it would make my day. Without photos, it is just more blah, blah, blah.

Posted by: JJ | Dec 8, 2008 6:15:34 PM

12. "Towleroad has ceased to be 'just' somebody's blog."
    --------

Beg to differ. This blog only has one person's name in the title. Until that changes, it is most certainly Andy Towle's prerogative to post eye candy or whatever else strikes his fancy. I assure you, more of his readers enjoy it than not.

Besides, it says right in the site's description that he covers a broad range of topics including pop culture, gay culture, and men. If you don't like it, there's nothing preventing you from starting your own blog for the "serious" reader.

Posted by: sparks | Dec 8, 2008 6:28:49 PM

13. This story lacks credibility for just one reason...

Who would charge?!?

Posted by: Br!on | Dec 8, 2008 9:09:03 PM

14. Eye candy is wonderful.

The specific gratuitous linkage of random footballers, who are all well known, to this type of report is not.

I agree that this isn't Fox News - don't just do guilt by association.

Posted by: Patrick M | Dec 9, 2008 12:22:01 AM

15. Ok. So soccer players like it both ways. Like that's a surprise?!? NOW. If the guy wants to do some RUGBY players...well...as Koko would say 'I've got a little list! :-)

Posted by: Jim | Dec 9, 2008 10:08:34 AM

16. Discrete? Uh..

If this was true would he really risk his supplemental income? Doubt it.

Andy, I have to agree that you have actually become, really, the only source of all types of LGBT news (not like the NYT, but maybe Time magazine or People) and from this point forward you should probably enjoy your new position and realize that stories like this are sort of , I don't know what to call it. I really don't want you to give up the fun stuff or the scientific stuff either, but, this is Perez Hilton territory. I send everyone I know who is involved in LGBT issues your link. It's one of the first things I ask, "do you read Towleroad?", I bet I'm not the only one.

Welcome to your new status Mr. Towle, hope you keep up the good work. Please don't let it go to your head and keep on keeping on.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Dec 9, 2008 11:55:40 AM

17. Thank you, Andy, for having a mix of serious news and fluff. I read your blog for both. But I do have to agree with those questioning the validity of this story...who would charge an Italian soccer player money to have sex? Gorgeous men give it to each other for free. It's the old fat ones who have to pay. (That's an awful thing to say).

Posted by: Jeffy | Dec 9, 2008 12:48:10 PM

18. Jeffy

you just made me start a diet and begin looking for a magic elixir to stop aging.

Thanks.

Rat Bastard.

lol

Posted by: Derek Washington | Dec 10, 2008 2:13:51 AM

19. Sounds fishy...where are the pictures?...

Posted by: Ankerich | Nov 6, 2013 11:36:25 AM

20. Pictures Mr. Peter Parker? Please, this is the 21st Century okay. Videos or it didn't happen!

Posted by: mmike1969 | Nov 7, 2013 2:38:55 AM

21. I don't buy it. If there were so many gay players (some interested in group sex) why wouldn't they just bone each other for free? This guy is either a liar or an extortionist.

Posted by: Jason R. | Nov 8, 2013 12:16:16 AM

22. To Hanhten... If he shut his mouth,he would be out of business!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Nov 8, 2013 12:29:41 AM

23. gr8 article.
    what stuff ole queens here!

Posted by: Fidobarks | Nov 9, 2013 2:27:17 AM

24. This man is a fool unless he's getting big bucks for the story. He's just effectively cut off his business.

Posted by: Mykelb | Nov 11, 2013 4:00:29 PM