News | Reality TV | Spencer Duhm

BigGayDeal.com

Meet Survivor: Tocantins Gay Competitor, Spencer Duhm

Spencer

This is Spencer Duhm, a college student from Lakeland, Florida, who's (as far as we know) the only gay contestant on the new season of Survivor: Tocantins. Tocantins is a state in central Brazil with many rivers and an equatorial climate.

His bio reads: "Born and raised in Lakeland, Florida and currently a student at the University of Florida, Spencer majors in telecommunications and minors in business and European union studies. Aside from being the recruitment chair for his UF crew team, where he also rows competitively, Spencer is a huge sports fan. Involved in myriad athletic activities since age 7, Spencer has developed a strong competitive streak and determination to achieve success. Rooting for his college Gators or beloved Cubs familiarized him with all of the peaks and valleys associated with being a contender, which may help him navigate the ups and downs associated with castaway life...Spencer is a gay, single man and currently resides in Gainesville, Fla. His birthday is December 20." More at the source.

At 19-years-old, Spencer is the youngest competitor to ever appear on Survivor.

Watch his intro video, AFTER THE JUMP...

See Jeff Probst introduce the other competitors at GuyTVBlog.

Comments

1. where does he say he is gay? he is hot, I hope he is gay, but he seems pseudo straight.

Posted by: queerunity | Jan 15, 2009 8:55:32 AM

2. an article on him ran in the my (his) local paper, the lakeland ledger. and in the next to last paragraph; "...looks like a potential heartthrob in his official "survivor" portrait with his blue eyes, wavy brown hair and buff physique. female viewers might be disappointed to learn that he is gay."

Posted by: titus | Jan 15, 2009 9:29:00 AM

3. QUEERUNITY,

Pseudo straight? Is that some new politically correct expression for "straight acting"?

You seem to have missed the fact that gays come in the same varieties as straights. Yes, jocks too!

Posted by: sparks | Jan 15, 2009 9:32:56 AM

4. @QUEERUNITY

It states it on the CBS website, love.

"Spencer is a gay, single man and currently resides in Gainesville, Fla. His birthday is December 20. "

Posted by: marco | Jan 15, 2009 9:36:33 AM

5. What a sweetie. Very articulate. I wish him well!

Posted by: Jeff | Jan 15, 2009 10:27:48 AM

6. It is so disappointing when a (supposedly) gay person like queerunity says things like "he seems straight."

Will we ever move past the idea that gay = effeminate?

Posted by: Meanwhile | Jan 15, 2009 10:34:07 AM

7. i see it on the site now thanks.

Posted by: queerunity | Jan 15, 2009 10:34:17 AM

8. Cute, but no Charlie from last season ;)

Posted by: downtownblue | Jan 15, 2009 12:35:54 PM

9. Nice pit sweat!

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jan 15, 2009 12:41:10 PM

10. Doesn't being on Survivor eat up quite a bit of your life? I'm guessing he's taking leave from college?

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 15, 2009 3:28:27 PM

11. I'll be rooting for him.

Posted by: Trevor | Jan 15, 2009 8:58:37 PM

12. talks 2 much, stick something in his mouth.

Posted by: cd | Jan 16, 2009 11:42:10 AM

13. He will never win against the girl models. They go a long way with their flirting and undressing. It will be a girl winner and it will be one of the younger model types.

Posted by: tristan | Jan 19, 2009 9:21:25 AM

14. As someone who knows Spencer and went to high school and college with Spencer I can confirm he is gay. The weird thing is how he tried to hide his sexuality by constantly flirting with every single damn woman he ever meets.

Also, that line about rooting for the Gators is ambiguous. He grew up a Nole fan and wasn't off the habit last time I was watching football with him.

Posted by: R. Thornbrash | Jan 21, 2009 9:12:31 PM

15. What an ass. He really really really does not want to appear gay. And his homophobic mother. Just precious.

His quote:

"But I won’t be Todd, I surely won’t be Coby. I won’t be Charlie. Holy shit. I talked to my parents and I was like, ‘Mom, do I sound like that?’ she was like, ‘Sweetheart, no, I would never let you go out in public if you sounded like that.’ Thank God."

Posted by: rf7777 | Feb 12, 2009 12:28:02 PM

16. I think he came off as incredibly Gay:
    self-conscious, affected, talks way too much, over enunciates, faggy gestures.

Do you guys need someone to hit you over the head before you see the Faggotry? Get a grip.

Posted by: Mark | Mar 9, 2009 9:23:12 PM

17. oh my gosh, he's adorable! i'm sorry to see him voted off so soon:( you played a good game kid!

Posted by: spaceboy5367 | Mar 15, 2009 12:16:31 PM

18. that's what i have liked about him right away. at least he's pseudo-straight / straigh-acting rather than be the typical flamboyant sissy-type gay guys out there! no offense to anyone if you are one! LoL.

i got disappointed that he was dating todd of survivor china. why that twink???

all i can ever say is SPENCER IS HOT!

i am sure spencer will get tons of horny young men out there wanting to date him, i know i would!

Posted by: nutcracker | Mar 21, 2009 10:28:49 AM