Fashion Men | News | Tony Ward

BigGayDeal.com

Tony Ward: Fists and Leather

Tonyward

Tony Ward is out front for Diesel's new fragrance Only The Brave, which is bottled in a glass fist.

"The oriental, woody, and leathery juice, developed by International Flavors & Fragrance’s Aliénor Massenet, Olivier Polge & Pierre Wargnye, bravely plays with opposites. It starts with a masculine and fashion-related note of leather. 'But because Diesel is a joyful brand, it’s lightened up with lemon,' Lari [Ladan Lari, Diesel's International Marketing Director] said, and broken with dry woody cedar notes and amber."

The fist is said to be modeled after that of Diesel founder Renzo Rosso.

Previously
It's Tony Ward [tr]
Tony Ward Beards Up for Jack Pierson [tr]

Comments

1. Clothed or in the buff this man is always lookin hot!

Posted by: ventura79 | Jan 27, 2009 2:13:50 PM

2. Yeah, he still looks incredible.

Posted by: rob | Jan 27, 2009 2:43:06 PM

3. "The scent of a man's fist"

I really don't see I can NOT buy this.

Will the scent become a super discreet calling card for FFA types?

Posted by: Landon Bryce | Jan 27, 2009 2:48:07 PM

4. "oriental"?

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 27, 2009 2:54:52 PM

5. Whoever came up with this is one serious sicko. Now that we have that said, what's his name, email, and do I need to renew my passport?

Posted by: kansastock | Jan 27, 2009 3:00:40 PM

6. well, now that everyone knows that the obama's are into fisting, i guess it'll become the national past time.

Posted by: alguien | Jan 27, 2009 3:09:05 PM

7. Did he get a nosejob? I remember it looking bigger...

Posted by: Andy | Jan 27, 2009 3:31:07 PM

8. Oriental like a rug - Paul R. not like a person. It is still acceptable to use that term for objects. People are not going to stop using the term "Oriental Rugs" in place of "Asian Rugs" because of PC zealots on a hunt to make accusations.

Calm down.

Posted by: Andy | Jan 27, 2009 3:35:35 PM

9. Ok, let's place bets on how many of these bottles will be found in rectums in the coming months.

Posted by: shane | Jan 27, 2009 4:03:22 PM

10. "Lightened with lemon"? Sheebus, what men's fragrance doesn't have lemon in it?

Posted by: Late | Jan 27, 2009 4:47:47 PM

11. Andy, I'm well aware of the distinction and am not on some PC tirade. My question was more what defines an "oriental" scent. It's a huge region, encompassing a wide variety of smells/scents.

After all, oriental rugs smell like rugs. But many parts of Asia smell a lot better, and many smell a lot worse.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 27, 2009 4:49:39 PM

12. it'd be better than smelling like lard on a sunday morning.

Posted by: Vin | Jan 27, 2009 4:51:38 PM

13. "Only the brave." Indeed. From Diesel and shaped like a fist. How much more psuedo macho could it be?

Who buys this stuff? High school kids?

Posted by: jessejames | Jan 27, 2009 6:20:10 PM

14. Got you Paul. Sorry I jumped on your ass like that...reading too much politics I guess...

Posted by: Andy | Jan 27, 2009 10:52:50 PM

15. I LOVE TONY WARD!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jan 28, 2009 3:22:32 AM

16. I never understood what the problem with the term "oriental" was. I always thought it was an attractive word that conjures up images of beautiful places from a historical culture located on the opposite side of the world.
    I realize there was a great deal of prejudice towards Chinese immigrants back in the post- railroad-building days, but I don't know what that has to do with the name of where they came from. I guess I'll do a Google search of "Oriental" to find out what the deal is.
    I can say this, an oriental smelling scent sounds sexy to me.

Posted by: Charles | Jan 29, 2009 7:21:41 AM