Fashion Men | Justin Timberlake | Magazines | News

Justin Timberlake Aspires to be America's Fashion Gigolo

Timberlake

Justin Timberlake is anointed one of America's 10 most stylish men in GQ's March issue:

The New York Daily News reports: "Timberlake tells the mag he got his sense of style from his stepfather, Paul Harless, a banker who laid out his suit for the next morning every night and went to work looking 'like Richard Gere in '[American] Gigolo.''...'I was like, I want to dress like that! He was just so cool,' Timberlake says. The suits-with-sneakers look Timberlake made famous on tour is a nod to practicality. 'I just put sneakers on because I couldn't dance in the shoes I had,' he explains. 'I couldn't leap with just insoles and dress shoes. I would've hurt myself.' Even if his sweater vests and skinny ties aren't your idea of fashion, GQ has crowned Timberlake a trendsetter. 'If he wants to rock sandals with socks, a week later everyone in L.A. is going to be wearing sandals with socks!' crows Timberlake's golf caddy Nick."

Kanye West, who is attempting to take back the rainbow, also made the list.

One more shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Timberlake2

Timberlake3

Comments

1. I'd compliment Timberlake on his outfits in this spread, but since he didn't pick them--and probably hasn't had any input on what he's worn since he was 12--I can't really buy giving him a fashion-icon award.

At least this stuff is more tasteful then the wigger Ken doll stuff he used to wear.

Posted by: dizzyspins | Feb 16, 2009 6:31:22 PM

2. unnnnggghhh.

Posted by: Schniffy | Feb 16, 2009 6:38:50 PM

3. Umm... A big NO to "Trendsetter". If Justin decided to rock sandals with socks NO ONE will do it just because he did it, unless they've been doing it. What a joke. The only trend Justin has set is gigantic douchery.

Posted by: LO | Feb 16, 2009 6:39:45 PM

4. It's amusing how plain to ug he's becoming the older he gets...now that didn't age well. YIKES!

Posted by: TANK | Feb 16, 2009 6:42:04 PM

5. Dizzyspins

You had me agreeing with you till hit the "wig@er" word. Dude! come on now
    ---------------------------------------

Tank

I agree

He isn't aging all that well. Makes me suspect it was his run in with madonna. When will people younger than her realize that she always ends up sucking something out of them that makes their life ever after go down hill yet she remains. There is something spooky involved with that

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 16, 2009 6:53:07 PM

6. hey guys, if ur gay and u like pop music then plz consider joining my forum i just set up. im trying to get it active and i need ur help!

Posted by: tom | Feb 16, 2009 7:09:31 PM

7. He's too skinny now! Remember how great he looked shirtless on the cover of Rolling Stone like 8 years ago?

Posted by: jmg | Feb 16, 2009 7:49:04 PM

8. I'll give him this, his clothing line actually looks good on guys over 30 who want to look "hip" without looking like they want to look "hip".

Posted by: Derek Washington | Feb 16, 2009 8:25:36 PM

9. Oh look, it's Cody Cummings!
    No, wait!

Posted by: Peter | Feb 16, 2009 9:34:36 PM

10. You're right he's not aging well. He does NOT look good in this issue.

Posted by: tribalpottery | Feb 16, 2009 11:15:16 PM

11. Timberlake has got to be one of the blandest people since the dawn of time.

Posted by: libhomo | Feb 16, 2009 11:36:15 PM

12. He's like a bad roll of film.

I'd wish he would go away.

Enough already with this guy.

Posted by: Maverick69 | Feb 17, 2009 9:50:48 AM

13. As my Aunt Pitty Patt always said:

"You can take the trash out of the trailer but you can't take the Trailer out of the Trash."

Ditto to posts about Ms. Siriano and Mika. What is this—National Lowest COMMON Denominator Day?

Posted by: Leland Frances | Feb 17, 2009 10:11:15 AM

14. "The suits-with-sneakers look Timberlake made famous..."???? Hello, 1980s yuppiedom!

Posted by: latebrosus | Feb 17, 2009 12:43:55 PM

15. Leland, your Aunt Pitty is a wize woman.

La Timberlake needs to just go away. Girlfriend is NOT that cute. Oh I'd fuck him, but I'd hump a tree if I needed to.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Feb 17, 2009 5:33:26 PM

16. Well, they are handsome. but I prefer cool style, be manly like those LGBT show at BiMingle dotcom. They are really attractive. You can feel the love easily.

Posted by: Sallyjerts | Feb 18, 2009 9:06:53 PM

17. I knew Luke was gay too, I just had a feeling. He's rather cute, as well. :) Now I just need to learn sign language

Posted by: penis büyütücü | Dec 18, 2010 6:56:10 AM

18. tahnk you wery nice posts..

Posted by: zayıflama hapı | Jan 3, 2011 12:03:24 PM