Jack Mackenroth | News | Panama | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #430

ROB'S HIGH FIVE: Not their best, but the latest from the "Grand Central freeze" group Improv Everywhere.

PANAMA CANAL: For those who may never get there.

JOAN RIVERS on THE VIEW: Has two new books and three new faces.

JACK MACKENROTH: Former Project Runway contestant and fashion designer Jack Mackenroth talks to iFashion network.

Comments

1. "Am I right Star?" I f***ing love Joan Rivers.

Posted by: sam | Feb 12, 2009 1:02:21 PM

2. I admit it, I'm cynical--all I could think about while Rob was giving high-fives was all the germs he was receiving and passing on...

Posted by: Michael W. | Feb 12, 2009 1:06:43 PM

3. Michael W.: me too lol. Although that's more of a byproduct from viral marketing products such as Lysol. We've lived fine as a species, the concept that anti-bacterial is necessary is doing more harm than good as .1% of bacteria not killed thrives and becomes resistant to drugs (this also applies to antibiotics and how more are becoming resistant as our bodies become immune). When I was a kid, my parents made sure I got chicken pox as small pox as an adult is not cute. We're so afraid of germs in order to get us to buy products.

I did love how everyone's face went from "wtf" to smiles and laughter. We need that more these days.

Posted by: cj | Feb 12, 2009 2:53:13 PM

4. Andy, from your most ardent Panamanian reader (and quite possibly the only one): thank you for showcasing my beautiful Canal, we Panamanians are very proud of it. And, oh!, have you heard? We're expanding it! We're very proud of that too :D.

Keep up the great work!

Posted by: PTYReader | Feb 12, 2009 3:14:04 PM

5. Great to see this; my grandfather was one of the builders of the Panama Canal.

Posted by: David R. | Feb 12, 2009 4:07:38 PM

6. I hope Rob had some Purell with him...

Posted by: Brian | Feb 12, 2009 10:18:23 PM