Comments

1. Derrick from Philly says

Very, very interesting. I’m not sure who the victim is in the seduction scene. Unless they are hustling–“rough trade” does not like another man to come on to them. Most openly gay men (masculine or feminine) know better than to do such a dangerous thing. It’s one of the fantasies of the “down low” culture.

As the poster, SARINA, just said, “people die over this”.

Violent gay-bashing is ALWAYS wrong. Deliberate, conscious, and aggressive sexual propositioning of violent rough trade, who are not hustling in a “gay venue or area”, is insane.

2. Cory says

I’m sorry but this was hilarious.

“Steady on the assault and battery fella”!

“you’re not dealing with an animal this is not a study of animals”

“Go ahead with that um, strange individual”

3. patrick nyc says

Hitting on Tyson is like poking a stick at a tiger, dumb move. That said, it was pretty funny. I wonder if his state of mental capacity is from the boxing or from being dropped on his head by his mother too many times.

4. says

I think I’m probably just dumb, but I’ve read this post twice and still don’t get what’s going on. Does Mike Tyson realize this is a movie about a fake documentary filmmaker? Doesn’t he know who Brooke Shields/Robert Downey Jr. is? Is he acting, or is he actually administering a beatdown to some dude he thinks is hitting on him? Wth, am I stupid for not understanding what this is all about? lol

5. WizardBoy says

I’m with “UGH” — doesn’t Mike Tyson know he’s in a movie? If he doesn’t, what does he think is going on? If he does, the scene is fake. Unless, of course, Mike Tyson doesn’t know the difference. My guess is that he’s just psychotic. I just don’t know what’s going on here, either.

And, to echo what’s been said by others, posting a “gay-bashing” for amusement is NOT funny.

6. paul c says

Wow. I’m not sure what to think.

On one hand, it’s fucked up to mess with the mind of someone who is known to have issues with violence and mental stability. It’s kind of cruel and stupid.

But on the other hand it’s really informative and constructive to have an incident like this documented on film.

It’s pretty disturbing.

7. Bobby says

Pure shit trying to be art. Mike Tyson IS an animal and needs to be contained. Robert Downey Jr. deserved that slap in the face though for this “pretending”.

8. sfpromo says

I can’t agree more with UGH, wizardboy and kerry. If this is what it appears to be, it is nothing short of using another human being as a baiting experiment for others amusement.

This just takes away cred from Towleroad.

9. Derrick from Philly says

“Mike Tyson IS an animal…” & “using another human being as a baiting experiment…”

Like I said, interesting…to some of us. If Tyson IS an animal, then what are/were his “keepers”? Sadistic….what?

10. prov guy says

The post needs to be rewritten for clarity. Is this a scene from a movie, in which everyone is portraying a character? It would seem so. But the post seems to suggest that this is Tyson “caught on tape”. Not likely, as there are two cameras here–the one Brooke Shields’ character uses, and then the Master camera, from which we see the scene, and which would be hard not to notice if you were in the room, not to mention the lighting, sound equipment and film crew.

11. Paul R says

I agree this doesn’t make sense as presented. So they shot an “impromptu” scene with Tyson. He still knew he was in a movie, and that Brooke Shields wasn’t the only person in the room with a camera. So did the director give him no instruction whatsoever on what the scene involved, and just tell him to act like himself?

12. RDUB says

Unfortunately, not a surprising response. It has been put out there before that Tysons’ trainer from his youth would sexually abuse him right before throwing him into the ring, in order to peak and provoke his anger. The trainer would force him to perform oral on him while he, the trainer, would say humiliating things to him, trying to illicit a response. There are many instances caught on camera and tape (at media events, etc.) where you can hear when Tyson “looses it”, he goes straight to gay themed insults. Tyson has never admited to this but others from his gym have said it was common practice w/ this particular trainer. I always assumed that tyson was a brute (domestic violence, rape, verbally abusive, etc.), but after hearing about his own abuse I can’t help but wonder if that is a manifestation of his own demons…

13. says

IF RDUB COULD FIND THIS STUFF OUT ABOUT mIKE THEN SURELY THE ASSHOLES INVOLVED IN THIS KNEW IT TOO.

I’M ASHAMED FOR THEM.

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU SAYING TYSON NEEDS TO BE “CONTAINED” LIKE AND ANIMAL, DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY WHAT I THINK OF YOU AND YOUR MOTIVATIONS FOR SUCH A LINE?

14. Nick says

I’m with everyone else that doesn’t get this…

Tyson knows the director of this movie, they’re close friends. And he agreed to be in this movie…

And it says this is an impromtu scene… Yet it’s written as if Tyson knew nothing about this and that Rob Jr was just instructed to provoke Mike so they could catch it on tape…

Completely lost.

15. CJ says

I got teary eyed when reading RDUB’s comment (yeah, so I’m a social liberal). That’s just horrific. It doesn’t excuse his behavior but it explains a lot. As for this posting, perhaps Andy was trying to demonstrate another side to the horrors of gay bashing that we have soon all too prevalently in the past few days. Not a light side as some have suggested, but another view of such sickness.

16. Randall says

Years ago, I read an article on Tyson in which he said that he was in character in this scene, that he perfectly understood that Downey was also in character, and that he was improvising just as much as Downey was.

Anyone who seriously thinks that perhaps Tyson didn’t understand that he was in a movie or that he lacks a normal mental capacity is only reflecting their own rather skimpy knowledge of Tyson.

Anyone who is interested in learning a bit more about Tyson might as well start with Toback’s documentary on him.