Brad Kroenig | Fashion Men | Karl Lagerfeld | Models | News

Karl Lagerfeld Leaves Muse Brad Kroenig for Younger Model

Lagerfeld2

New York magazine's The Cut reports that designer Karl Lagerfeld has dumped his longtime muse Brad Kroenig (who was the focus of an entire book of Lagerfeld photographs) for French model Baptiste Giabiconi. Giabiconi, who Lagerfeld shot for the photo above in this month's French Vogue) has become part of Lagerfeld's entourage. They were photographed, along with Lagerfeld's longtime bodyguard Sebastian (who remains Lagerfeld's hottest accessory imho) in New York last November (below).

The Cut writes: "Harriet Mays Powell met Baptiste when she was in France hanging out with Karl in the Chanel showroom. He's a sweet fellow and comes from the South of France. 'He looks like me — well, maybe a better-looking version of me from a long time ago,' Karl told her."

A few more photos of Baptiste, AFTER THE JUMP...

Lagerfeld

Baptiste1  Baptiste2

Baptiste3

Comments

1. Eew.

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 25, 2009 9:42:33 AM

2. If Karl doesn't want Brad, I'll take him.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 25, 2009 10:03:18 AM

3. Karl Lagerfeld looked better fat. There. I said it.

Posted by: Muscato | Mar 25, 2009 10:04:08 AM

4. I hope I can get that, too, when I'm 185.

Posted by: Michael | Mar 25, 2009 10:21:36 AM

5. Well done, Karl. Well done.

Posted by: giovanni | Mar 25, 2009 10:28:06 AM

6. Neither alcohol, money, dark of night, flat tire on a lonely highway or a hunger for Haagen Dazs, Dulce de leche would get me between the sheets with Karl. Sorry Karl no Peter for you.

Posted by: Troy | Mar 25, 2009 10:34:32 AM

7. Interesting that us men (gay and straight) applaud when someone leaves another for someone that is hotter, younger. You'd think that gay men would be a little more enlightened than their straight counterparts. But when sex is the driving force behind relationships it reveals how shallow the men are.

Honestly Karl you just wanted to make love to narcissistic self, "He's a sweet fellow and comes from the South of France. 'He looks like me — well, maybe a better-looking version of me from a long time ago,' Karl told her."

Posted by: Jeff | Mar 25, 2009 10:43:38 AM

8. Giabiconi does resemble a young Lagerfeld:

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Mar 25, 2009 10:51:20 AM

9. Karl Lagerfeld is a wrinkly piece of shit. I don't applaud a single nauseating thing he has done, and he really needs to stop rocking that ridiculous fucking look. There's not a modeling contract in the world that would make me treat that man with respect. By all accounts, he is a horrible, selfish human being. Fucking SHOCK.

Oh, and Chanel has sucked for years. Oust the fucker.

Posted by: Ugh | Mar 25, 2009 10:58:16 AM

10. "Long-term commitment whether in marriage, or in other forms, is harder these days because of change. The loved one changes, and we change ourselves with time; so our relationships change. We cannot live our whole lives at concert pitch. But when the tune changes, it need not be the end of the concert. What is there in us that can survive the changes of time, and the up-and-down of living relationships? Faithfulness is a bit of a mystery and a marvel; it has a value in itself. Faithful love builds up the one to whom we are faithful, expresses our hope in them. In spite of all our inadequacies, we stuck it out. Taken in part from sacredspace.ie

Posted by: Justin | Mar 25, 2009 11:00:34 AM

11. I think the term is "rent boy". Karl has one thing a hot rent boy loves, a big fat wallet!

Posted by: Joe | Mar 25, 2009 11:08:13 AM

12. How many Euros does Karl shell out a month for one of those?

Posted by: Ken P. | Mar 25, 2009 11:10:19 AM

13. A hustler by any other name would still smell like cheap lube. The act of an old queen buying the affections (or services) of a younger man is as old as Karl himself.

Seriously, why would anyone want to be around someone as shallow and horrendous as Karl Lagerfeld if it's not for the money and notoriety?

Posted by: Matty | Mar 25, 2009 11:27:50 AM

14. At least most are being consistent in lambasting both Madonna and Lagerfeld for robbing the cradle.

Posted by: northerner | Mar 25, 2009 11:33:44 AM

15. He does look like a younger Lagerfeld -- same jaw, same facial structure, same old sour church-lady pout.

I saw him and Gaultier many times in clubs in France and Spain. Both of them lead charmed lives, jetting and yachting everywhere with their coterie of eager young beauties.

Still, Sebastian's more my type. All man.

Posted by: JTlvr | Mar 25, 2009 11:36:37 AM

16. I'm sorry. Was Brad in a RELATIONSHIP with Karl? I thought he was just his "muse" like Peter Johnson to Bruce Webber. I thought he was straight.

Posted by: Christian Canterbury | Mar 25, 2009 11:41:34 AM

17. Get all the cash you can kid!! (and of course, have sex with someone you REALLY want on the side!) The old queen is just begging to be taken for a ride (and not in the good way! lol)

Posted by: Stan | Mar 25, 2009 11:42:28 AM

18. I am curious what makes you guys think Karl is having sex with either of these two guys? Contrary to popular belief that is not always the way of this world. I'd say its more likely the Kaiser likes to surround himself with beautiful men much the way he surrounds himself with beautiful "things". Given his slavish diet and countless other eccentricities I would be shocked if he had sex HIMSELF let alone anyone else.

Posted by: giovanni | Mar 25, 2009 11:46:34 AM

19. @Christian: Exactly!

Posted by: giovanni | Mar 25, 2009 11:51:17 AM

20. sorry that should read WITH himself let alone WITH anyone else

Posted by: giovanni | Mar 25, 2009 11:53:34 AM

21. Barf.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 25, 2009 11:59:34 AM

22. I'm sure you guys are right. Karl Lagerfeld is probably not having sex with these men. He's taking them out for pizza and video games.

Posted by: crispy | Mar 25, 2009 12:22:36 PM

23. Oh, Giovanni, I usually agree with everything you say on this blog. But are you serious?

No, he doesn't have sex with these beautiful young men, he just likes to lick 'em every now and then. So would I...if I had the money, although I'd prefer Moroccans.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 25, 2009 12:29:15 PM

24. Good for him!

Posted by: A.S. | Mar 25, 2009 1:06:16 PM

25. I checked the link that JOHNINMANHATTAN posted, and Karl in his younger years bears a closer resemblance to George Wallace than he does to Giabconi.

And I am in agreement with Andy: Sebastian is Karl's hottest accessory. WOOF!

Posted by: peterparker | Mar 25, 2009 1:08:02 PM