Comments

1. peterparker says

Domino’s Pizza was founded by Thomas Monaghan, an extreme right wing Catholic. He helped establish the Ave Maria Mutual Funds (no, I’m not joking about that name) and serves on the Catholic Advisory Board which guides the Ave Maria Mutual Funds’ investments. The Catholic Advisory Board disqualifies for potential investment any corporation that provides non-marital partner employee benefits, promotes contraception or espouses a pro-choice position. There is absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER to eat Domino’s pizza. Not even if the employees at your location are NOT putting bodily excretions on your food.

2. Tintin Malfoy says

I stopped ordering pizzas from Domino’s years ago for the reasons cited by peterparker. I believe Mr. Monaghan also tried to create a Catholic planned community in Florida.

3. Nick says

There’s another clip of him dredging a sponge in his ass crack, and then using the sponge to wash dishes. Sick.

4. Derrick from Philly says

Thanks for the info on the facist founder of Dominoes, PeterParker. These two Dominoes Dirtbags should be castrated and burned alive…the broad too.

5. Derek says

Hmmmm I can think of a pretty good reason to eat it. It’s late, you’re in the mood for pizza, you don’t feel like going out and they are the only place that DELIVERS. So put that in your oven (mouth) and bake it (STFU).

6. marty says

It took all of two minutes to look up “Ave Maria Mutual Funds” Nice work peterparker you, not bodily fluids, just cost Domino’s a regular customer. This is the info i come to this site to get. Thanks

7. Nick says

If you’re going to eat at a big chain Papa John’s owns Pizza Hut and especially Domino’s, which is actually quite nasty and cannot be eaten more than a few hours after purchase.

8. paul c says

I also boycotted Domino’s years ago because of the founder’s funding of anti-abortion groups.

If I had ever eaten at the rathole where these two jerks work, they’d be scraping their teeth off the floor right now.

I didn’t see anything that said they were gay, but if they are that’s just great. It feeds right into the bullshit of the anti-gay Cracker Barrel chain (yeah, I boycotted that shithole too) who said that gays would contaminate food with diseases.

9. Matt says

Although Domino’s was founded by Thomas Monaghan, isn’t it under different ownership today?

10. anon says

It doesn’t matter what restaurant you eat at, there is little regard for the customers.

11. Kevin says

The food is SO NASTY to begin with. . . I don’t know why anyone would bother even wasting their $$ on this trash. AND the owner is a member of a Catholic ‘hate group’!

12. Glenn says

13. sam says

This is really the risk you run with letting anyone prepare your food, especially people in low-paying-dead-end jobs who are routinely harassed by trashy customers.

14. brent says

Your headline is a little misleading, as only the police can arrest a criminal. Filing a criminal complaint just means you are letting the police and DA know what happened and want them to investigate or bring charges.

What a scary world it would be if Dominos could arrest people!

15. peterparker says

@MATT: Domino’s is now a publicly traded company and Monaghan is no longer involved in the day to day running of the business, but you can be sure he is still a major shareholder and therefore not only influences the corporate culture but also profits handsomely from Domino’s sales. A portion of every dollar you spend with them finds its way into Monaghan’s pockets and, eventually, into organizations that oppress the GLBT community.

@DEREK: See my response above to MATT. If that doesn’t move you to boycott Domino’s then I suggest that *you* STFU!

@MARTY: Glad to be of service! ­čśë

16. says

Tom Monaghan does NOT own Domino’s Pizza anymore. He sold it years ago after, as the Ann Arbor legend says, he had a vision of the Virgin Mary who told him to create a law school to train fascist lawyers. Thus he sold Domino’s and Ave Maria Law School was born.

Then, after Ann Arbor refused to let him expand, he packed up an moved the law school to Florida.

As for his stake in the company, he has a 27% non-controlling interest.

17. LI says

Yeah guys, screw that freedom of religion nonsense. What right does the Domino’s founder have to practice his own religion? Great idea to boycott. That will show people who want to start their own businesses and then run them as they see fit.

18. Derek says

Um no Peter it doesn’t. I honestly could care less if this douche bag still owns 27% or 72%. But since you seem to care so damn much, why don’t you investigate the ownership and stockholder info for EACH and EVERY good, product and service you buy, use and consume. And then get back to me with a detailed report…..

19. soulbrotha says

“I never eat Domino’s because I live in NYC. If you eat Domino’s pizza with all the other options in this city, you are truly fucked up. It’s like going to Olive Garden.”

Glenn, your comment made me howl because yesterday I showed my friend this video (we both live in NYC), but first I asked him if he eats Domino’s. I kid you not, he said: “Funny you should ask. I just came back from Olive Garden but it didn’t fill me up so I ordered a Domino’s pizza! I just finished eating it, why?” LMAO!

20. Sean says

@mary

I was just thinking that same thing.What an ignorant son of a bitch!Its what I always say

Misery Loves Company!

21. Paul R says

“The opportunities and freedom of the internet is wonderful.”

So is subject-verb agreement.

22. paul c says

I don’t care what stake Monaghan still owns — he still makes money from Domino’s and he still uses it for fundie purposes. Even if he weren’t profitting, I’d just as soon see the company that he created fold and fade into history. It’s the bottom of the barrel anyhow.

@Soulbrotha – LOL…I had a boss like that once. Every city we went to meant a new Olive Garden or Applebees for him to visit.

23. Brian says

I have always hated Domino’s. You might as well throw away the pizza and eat the box. The fact that Monaghan was it’s founder made it doubly disgusting. Add this and it’s three strikes, yer out. Of course, these kinds of shenanigans can happen anywhere (and probably do). One of the many reasons to avoid fast food restaurants.

24. nic says

be that as it it may, we should not sully ourselves in the muck and muddle. agreed, what those (presumably) queer employees did was repugnant. but, what Dominoes’ harm has done to millions of people with their religious hate and their indigestible “food products” is grotesque.

but, let us not ignore Chic-fil-A. they contribute heavily to right-wing-religious-conservative-hate groups like Focus on the Family. and, they have given their support to tea-bagging.

if they want war, let’s give them war. talk to your friends and your family. we can bring these fuckers to their knees, because pelf always triumphs above religion.

25. Chloe says

Their pizza has always been crap. It’s convenient when you got a craving at 1 am, but I’d rather eat a frozen pizza nowadays.

26. says

All they have to say is that they just made the pizza and threw it out. They just did it for the video but nobody actually got the pizza they did this to.

27. Paul says

I don’t buy or let my family buy Snapple for their unthinking anti-abortion stance either. If I have to stop buying 99% of the products out there to avoid fattening hate groups’ coffers, I’ll do it. I’ll live longer anyway. You’d think these idiots would learn: in an article I read this guy who made a steak sauce made a plea for contributions for the “understanding and respect for the Confederacy.” Goodbye to 95% of his profits and rightly so.

28. Rob says

tom monaghan doesn’t own Dominos Pizza and hasn’t since he sold it to a private equity firm over 10 years ago. His last remaining minor interest was sold shortly after the IPO several years ago. do some research.

29. says