Crime | Matthew Shepard | News | North Carolina

BigGayDeal.com

Rep. Virginia Foxx: Matthew Shepard Murder Not a Hate Crime

Foxx

Some ugly things are being said in the House debate of the federal hate crimes bill (the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act aka the Matthew Shepard Act) right now on C-SPAN. North Carolina GOP Congresswoman Virginia Foxx said that it's a "hoax" that Matthew Shepard's murder was motivated by his sexual orientation.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I think it's time to give her office a call...

Posted by: CLEMSONAJ | Apr 29, 2009 3:55:01 PM

2. Because we all know the best way to rob people is to crucify them and leave them to die in the middle of nowhere. I wonder if she'd consider it a "hoax" or an "unfortunate incident" (the unfortunate debatable in her case) if she were "robbed" in a similar manner?

Posted by: Ernie | Apr 29, 2009 3:58:04 PM

3. No words!

Posted by: Marco | Apr 29, 2009 3:58:29 PM

4. Courtesy of AMERICABlog, you can call this dried-up old cunt and tell her that she is a horrible excuse for a human being and a thorough waste of air, water and food:

Phone: (202) 225-2071
    Phone: (336) 778-0211
    Phone: (828) 265-0240

Posted by: Russ | Apr 29, 2009 4:01:32 PM

5. And where did Ms. Foxx get her credentials in psychology, criminal justice,psychosexual behavior and sexual orientation--let me guess- could it be HER
    personal interpretation of the Bible?
    This country has so much to overcome and such a long way to go. Very sad.

Posted by: Nick | Apr 29, 2009 4:02:05 PM

6. Wow! I guess what happened at Auschwitz wasn't a hate crime either. What a pitiful, pathetic woman.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 29, 2009 4:03:35 PM

7. That was beyond offensive. I'm almost too angry to type.

However, it has motivated me to get off my butt and call around for volunteering opportunities local gay organizations. There should never ever be another Matthew Shepard. Period.

Posted by: JTlvr | Apr 29, 2009 4:13:36 PM

8. UGLY UGLY OLD OLD HAG!~ YOU ARE A USELESS HUMAN BEING~

Posted by: Bosie | Apr 29, 2009 4:13:37 PM

9. It's not surprising is it? We know that her age group is basically "agin" us. That's fine. WE have momentum on our side and when she is long gone we will be dancing at our weddings, sending our kids off to school, and yes, still fornicating in the privacy of our bedrooms for all on xtube to see.. ;)

Go on and tell those lies while you still have breath sister. Your time is over and history will judge you as harshly as it does the Segregationists.

Posted by: Darren | Apr 29, 2009 4:17:27 PM

10. I could be wrong, but I believe that disgusting woman is hiding something about herself and her family tree. I could be wrong.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 29, 2009 4:18:52 PM

11. The nature of narcissists' personality disorder is so profound and so primitive that narcissists damage virtually everyone who comes into contact with them. They hurt their children in ways that are hardly imaginable to anyone who hasn't been there. Narcissists elicit profound and primitive wrath rage hostility from sane and stable people. This damages the social fabric by alienating the very people who might possibly be able to counterbalance the narcissists' malign influences.

Posted by: Valerie | Apr 29, 2009 4:25:37 PM

12. I don't really believe in the concept of heaven and hell, but if ever there were a time I wanted hell to exist, this is it. Perhaps that she believes in it is enough.

Posted by: Sean | Apr 29, 2009 4:27:15 PM

13. Right on, Darren.

Posted by: The Milkman | Apr 29, 2009 4:27:28 PM

14. I wish I had Keith Olbermann's phone number. To get Foxx on Worst Person in the World today, of course, but I wouldn't mind having it for other reasons either.

Posted by: Bruno | Apr 29, 2009 4:28:14 PM

15. un....fucking...believable.

heartless bitch. either way, a man is dead and that doesn't take away the message of the bill and stuff.

Posted by: liz templin | Apr 29, 2009 4:30:03 PM

16. Um, Ginny, hon--if Matt Shepard wasn't killed because he was gay, then how come one of his killers used the Gay Panic Defense? Can't have it both ways, shug. Stupid whore.

LMFAO at Russ' description of her! Thanks for the numbers!

Posted by: troschne | Apr 29, 2009 4:34:49 PM

17. Some may recall that this distortion was first promoted by no less than Elizacunt Vargas on a special edition of ABC's "20/20" in 2004.

In one of the most egregious examples of cheery picking/making up "facts" I ever recall seeing on a mainstream program, she claimed that it was "just a robbery gone horribly wrong," "fueled by Meth anger," [disputed by the main investigator] and, most absurd of all, it couldn't have been motivated in ANY way by homophobia because some claimed that Shepard's main killer was at least bisexual [which he denied]! This at the same time she contradicted herself by accusing Shepard of contributing to his own murder by making a pass at him [an initial claim made by the killers she could easily have discovered they quickly admitted they just made up].

SAAD er GLAAD whined a little bit at the time and then just went on their irrelevant, impotent way.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Apr 29, 2009 4:37:48 PM

18. What year is this?

Posted by: Jake | Apr 29, 2009 4:41:30 PM

19. I just sent her an e-mail here:

I think maybe we should all tell her how we feel. I myself told her that after hearing her comments I'm thankful that she's not representing me in my state.

Posted by: Ray | Apr 29, 2009 4:41:52 PM

20. Narcissists are noted for their negative, pessimistic, cynical, or gloomy outlook on life. Sarcasm seems to be a narcissistic specialty, not to mention spite. Lacking love and pleasure, they don't have a good reason for anything they do and they think everyone else is just like them, except they're honest and the rest of us are hypocrites. Nothing real is ever perfect enough to satisfy them, so are they are constantly complaining and criticizing -- to the point of verbal abuse and insult.

Posted by: Valerie | Apr 29, 2009 4:41:57 PM

21. this old bitch is probably gonna die soon anyway. Seeya cunt rock.

Posted by: Ty | Apr 29, 2009 4:49:20 PM

22. For many reasons I question why I ever moved to such an asswipe state. This is just one more.

I often wish I could kick my own ass for being such an ass.

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 29, 2009 4:51:57 PM

23. What a sad and insensitive woman.
    North Carolina deserves better.
    I hope she eats her words.

Posted by: SFshawn | Apr 29, 2009 4:54:16 PM

24. The Bill passed.

Another fucktard on the wrong side of justice, history and everything this great nation stands for.

Posted by: Travis | Apr 29, 2009 4:57:34 PM

25. I am done....I cannot fight the republican party anymore! I am out. I have learned that there are more important things in life. While I am NOT a liberal and probably not going to register as a dem, I am leaving the LCR and the repub party.

This woman is clearly dillusional and I can see the light! BULL SHIT! That is what she is full of. I have had enough!

Posted by: RB | Apr 29, 2009 5:12:05 PM