Adam Lambert | American Idol | Kris Allen | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adam Lambert and Kris Allen Don't Get Naked Together

Aibackstage

As of last night, the former Idol mansion roommates had moved into their own spaces, according to Adam Lambert, in response to a reporter's question, "Who's sexier naked?"

Watch the post-finale press conference, AFTER THE JUMP...

Imho the whole finale pretty much stunk up the Nokia theater, and though I'm an Adam fan, I think Kris Allen may have taken the bulk of the votes that would have gone to Danny Gokey. I'm hoping for an Adam win, but I have a feeling Kris is going to pull it out. Lambert's already a star, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

What do you think?

Watch the press conference, and Adam's performance of "A Change is Gonna Come", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It will be very nice if Kris wins and becomes a vocal supporter of Civil Equality for all regardless if they are gay, straight or bi.

The Christian Taliban is already using him - hopefully he will give them the shaft win or lose.

Adam will do better NOT to win.

Posted by: Ralph | May 20, 2009 10:44:08 AM

2. I too voted for Adam, but it was definitely clear that Kris performed MUCH better last night (which isn't saying very much). I can't decide whether I want Adam to win but get stuck in a contract with that generic and insipid single or lose and have the freedom to tailor his debut to his own style.

Posted by: Kuhnsy | May 20, 2009 10:46:23 AM

3. We voted for Adam 10 times but also felt it was a so-so night for both of them. And that final song?! Jesus, what a load of crap - I mean I really think the judges were feeling sorry for both Chris and Adam for having to sing such a horrible song.

Posted by: victor | May 20, 2009 11:32:17 AM

4. You know La Seacrest's cooter is snapping in that pic.

Posted by: Tralfaz | May 20, 2009 12:10:15 PM

5. Kris definitely won the night for me. I'd love to see Adam win because he's clearly a very sweet an extremely talented guy, who is undoubtedly going to be open about his sexuality (a hell of a lot sooner than Clay).

But that SONG! I was CRINGING!!!! Worst Idol finale song ever!!!!!

Posted by: Lewis Payton | May 20, 2009 12:23:21 PM

6. I thought Kris did a better job last night. There should be a law against what Adam did to Otis Redding's/Sam Cooke's song.

Posted by: Dave | May 20, 2009 12:31:12 PM

7. I'm very torn. It would be cool to have a gay man win A.I. But I'm a big fan of Kris, and I think that he deserves to win too.

Yeah, that third song. It definitely made the case for being pro-choice. Because that song needed to be aborted. Worst. Song. Ever.

Posted by: David in Houston | May 20, 2009 12:35:47 PM

8. For me Adam’s performance was much, much better. The last song was symbolic, even if it wasn’t a good song. While Kris barely can talk softly and sing a little bit using an obvious over stretched falsetto, Adam can perform, no matter what.
    As for the numbers, yeap, may be Kris will have the mass of the Christian vote and therefore it’s very possible that he will win, even if he’s not as good as Adam.
    In the long run though, I see more Adam in the media than Kris.

Posted by: Lexxvs | May 20, 2009 12:35:56 PM

9. Adam has sort of turned into Sam Harris 2.0 as far as I'm concerned. Too much screechy theatrics. The other one is just boring. Like Jason Mraz without the playfulness.

Posted by: paul c | May 20, 2009 12:43:13 PM

10. I loved how Kara Dio-I-Don't-Care-About-Her snapped that she had to wait for the final show to get one of her craptastic songs into the competition and then Simon to tell Adam he wasn't going to judge him based on Kara's song. Ouch! Moew! Then Kara thought she'd be clever and tell Kris she wasn't going to judge him based on the same song. Yeah, Kara Dio-Go-Away-Now, Simon had said that earlier. I wish we could vote her off the show!

Posted by: B | May 20, 2009 12:49:21 PM

11. I agree that last song was a brain-screw. So, unfortunately, however wins will have to put out as their first solo. Too Bad!

I'm pretty tired of Adam. That screeeeeching is awful. Couldn't care less if he's gay or not - and just because he may be (okay-he IS) shouldn't makes us rise up as a community and vote for him, soley based on sexuality.

MAYBE....if AI ever gets a butcher gay man, I might change my mind!! LOL!!!!

Posted by: jtramon | May 20, 2009 12:50:31 PM

12. That whole performance was unbearable to watch...and I can't believe the judges didn't make a bigger issue of Kris being OFF-KEY during the last horrible song. I think they must have been embarrased about the crappy song.
    Anyway, it is what it is...and Kris will win and he will be forced to record that song. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam is relieved...he will now be able to go off and do his own thing. Most of the past American Idol contestants that have staying power and interesting (?) careers did not win the damned competition.

Posted by: excy | May 20, 2009 12:50:52 PM

13. Adam is a vastly superior talent, bith vocally and musically. Kris would be a great find if you heard him in a bar. He has charisma, but limited vocal ability and musicality. Kris sings beat to beat while Adam creates phrases the go over the bar line and really soar. Plus, he practically aced that horrible last song. He will learn to temper the vocal theatrics, but he can sing that way right now, so bless him.

Posted by: busytimmy | May 20, 2009 12:55:18 PM

14. Adam ain't no Mika...oops--I forgot that since Mika hasn't come out as gay, so he doesn't have many fans here.

Sadly, we're left without any idea of who Adam is as a person (other than allegedly gay) and that is what sells a lot of cd's.

People buy music of artists that they identify with on some level and feel that their message somehow connects with the soundtrack of the listener's life.

Posted by: my2cents | May 20, 2009 12:56:51 PM

15. I thought Adam was better on all three songs. I predict a landslide victory for him.

Posted by: Aaron | May 20, 2009 12:57:12 PM

16. Love when someone thinks they know why 'people' do anything. @My2cents - YOU may buy music based on identification with the artist or the message. I buy music based on the music, don't care much about lyrics or message. That's who I am and what I like. I don't care who Adam is as a person - I enjoy listening to his phrasing and the pure sound of his voice.

But maybe I'm not included in 'people'. And BTW - I love Mika.

Posted by: wetcnt | May 20, 2009 1:04:29 PM

17. Who cares about AI ... Did anybody see Glee? I LOVED it!

Posted by: Rob | May 20, 2009 1:27:38 PM

18. That song stank, however, Ricky Minor or someone with some musical knowledge on that show should have changed it into a lower key for Kris. It was self immolation onstage for him. It was too high for Adam too!

Posted by: busytimmy | May 20, 2009 1:40:00 PM

19. I sent a text vote for Adam to 5701 but received a reply today saying that "your votes for Kris were accepted". I think there is something fishy going on here.

Posted by: nick | May 20, 2009 1:46:36 PM

20. I thought Kris was the winner all around. Love Miss Adam, but I'm already tired of her screeching! Can't imagine a whole album of it. 'Course it would be great if a gay man won... but, oh, wait, there's no gay man (officially) in the running... So, I'll go with the one I whose voice I like the most: Kris.

Posted by: Mark from NYC | May 20, 2009 2:00:08 PM

21. If Kris weren't cute as a button, with the dreamy boy next door quality, he would probably not be in the top 2. Not that cuteness isn't a legitimate factor in marketing a pop star, and therefore in the competition. He is a classy, talented performer who knows his vocal limitations and works inventively within them.

I won't be hugely disappointed if he wins (especially given an alternative like Danny--blech), but Adam should win. Whether his vocals are your cup of tea, or not, he's hugely gifted, and he's brought more excitement to the AI stage than the rest of them put together. People complain about his screeching, but he's clearly capable of reining it in vocally when he wants to--give him a good producer, good songs, and he'll be fab. If they want a star, he's it, though I think the vote could go either way.

Posted by: Ernie | May 20, 2009 2:06:53 PM

22. Rob

I saw Glee and was pleasantly surprised.

I didn't expect much and came away really enjoying it

Posted by: jimmyboyo | May 20, 2009 2:10:03 PM

23. Kris has a really adorable smirk. Unfortunately such an expression makes no sense when singing rather serious song of protest. "Brother, brother, brother There's far too many of you dying" That makes him look like an idiot. In fact, really no one other than Adam seems to have understood so well what he was singing about in each performance and that made this season's Idol The Adam Lambert Show. If he doesn't win the top position it will draw more attention to him. Either way the sooner he gets away from Idol management and their mediocre instincts the better.

Posted by: Scott | May 20, 2009 2:12:25 PM

24. Let cute little Kris win so Adam can truly be the star that he is.

I agree this season has been the Adam Lambert Show...and AI should be so thankful.

Posted by: David@GentsCanineSociety | May 20, 2009 3:44:39 PM

25. I think that Adam may have turned many peeps off with the long coat, dry ice and theatrics of the first song but he definitely was better than the short but cute Kris on the last two. Didn't think the last AI song was that bad compared to the other snoozers of past AI songs. Yes it has some cheesy lyrics but so have the other songs.

Posted by: Mike | May 20, 2009 4:05:43 PM