Chris Pine | Film | News

Chris Pine Stripped to His Briefs for Star Trek

Pine2

Here's a glimpse at Chris Pine's "brief" sexual encounter in Star Trek.

Saw the film over the weekend. Liked it a lot, though I'm not acquainted with the Star Trek canon, at all. Leonard Nimoy was the high point of the film for me, which I thought borrowed a lot from Star Wars.

Pine and young Spock Zachary Quinto appeared on SNL over the weekend. Watch it,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Pine1

(image source)

Comments

1. Oh yes, he is a hot one. When he sits in the Captains chair the first time, with his legs spread, all cocky, now that was sexonastick.

Posted by: secretagentman | May 11, 2009 12:01:27 PM

2. what brand was that underwear.

It was sexy and I want some :)

Posted by: scot | May 11, 2009 12:10:37 PM

3. Nice bulge.

Posted by: MC_BK | May 11, 2009 12:11:49 PM

4. Well, sure it borrowed a lot from Star Wars. Where do you think they got a lot of *their* material from?

Posted by: Yeek | May 11, 2009 12:12:54 PM

5. i've seen quinto on a couple of talk shows, and he seems very comfortable in his skin. i find him very sexy.

Posted by: nic | May 11, 2009 12:15:07 PM

6. I'm glad to see Mr. Pine getting some attention in the gay blogosphere. A sure sign of impending success. I've been a fan of his for a while, and I was ecstatic when he landed the role of Kirk. He was adorable in "Princess Diaries 2", the ONLY reason to watch "Just My Luck", and virtually unrecognisable as a hillbilly assassin in "Smokin' Aces". Hopefully, the success of "Star Trek" will afford him more leading man opportunities and we can all enjoy those dreamy blue eyes for a long time to come.

Posted by: Grace | May 11, 2009 12:28:06 PM

7. This was a really fun movie. Amazing how they can make something great for fans or people who've never seen a Star Trek film before ;)

Pine is very, very fine. Quinto is just fine (but a fantastic actor).

Posted by: Ryan | May 11, 2009 12:29:34 PM

8. Who's the babe with the green skin?

Posted by: crispy | May 11, 2009 12:30:52 PM

9. Fingerlickin' good! And both of them have SUCH Gay Face not that it would do me any good with a blank check and a string of pearls.

Anyone else know anyone XY who claimed to have boomshackalackaed with Nimoy years ago?

Posted by: Leland Frances | May 11, 2009 12:32:12 PM

10. 'which I thought borrowed a lot from Star Wars'. *stands back and awaits the oncoming shitstorm*

Posted by: Midland | May 11, 2009 12:34:56 PM

11. Great film, and no, not borrow from star Wars. Nothing has ever been borrowed from Star Wars, by anyone quite the reverse in fact. Star Wars is just a copy of several other things that became more popular (not unlike the bible in fact).

Posted by: Rovex | May 11, 2009 12:37:56 PM

12. Who cares?

Old queens with nothing better to do-that's who cares about who slept with Nimoy.

Posted by: Pete | May 11, 2009 12:39:49 PM

13. Caught the movie last night; we were two of 20 people in the entire theater.

For us Trekkies out there (whom have NOT gone to see the movie yet), it is absolutely familiar, yet totally new and a well-crafted story. It reminded me very much like with the very first Star Trek movie where they reinvented the TV show for the big screen, only this movie is packed with a LOT more action and adventure from the get go. I almost want to say “epic”. Great dialog, lots wonderful homage to all that came before. >Knowing every line from every Star Trek television show< I found myself laughing out loud as they masterfully worked all those nuances into the updated characters.

Zachary Quinto as Spock is... Outstanding. It was that moment, when his character first enters the bridge of the Enterprise and speaks, and you go “OH MY GOD! IT’S SPOCK!” like you did in that very first movie when Leonard Nimoy stepped onto the bridge.

And Chris Pine and his bouncy, dangly briefs were pretty hot to look at, too!

Good fun, all the way around.

Rad

Posted by: Rad | May 11, 2009 12:44:59 PM

14. For the last time: Star Wars is rooted in FAITH (and Akira Kurosawa films); Star Trek is rooted in LOGIC (and world cultures). The two do NOT borrow from each other. For fun, check out the VOLOKH article on the net asking "when did the Federation institute a socialist regime?"

Posted by: Sean Mac | May 11, 2009 12:50:20 PM

15. Thanks for posting pic. I went to see the film and enjoyed it too.

Posted by: K Lee | May 11, 2009 12:56:21 PM

16. star wars borrowed from Star Trek but left behind much of the progressive politics of Star Trek so as to appeal to a dumber middle america audience.

Star trek is a far older franchise. In fact star wars borrowed from Star Trek, King arthur legends, biblical myth, etc.

Cool Trivia....the vulcan "live long and prosper" hand sign is 1/2 of the kohanim blessing. kohanim hold both hands instead of one in the same way and recite the prayer to bless the Jews. nemoy admits he created it based on his Jewish heritage. :-)

Posted by: jimmyboyo | May 11, 2009 1:04:58 PM

17. PS

Midland

LOL

Yeah this scifi gay geek spit out my coffee over the "....borrowed from star wars...."

Posted by: jimmyboyo | May 11, 2009 1:06:19 PM

18. it looks pretty stuffed in the undies scene. when hes wearing pants he's not as bulged, not that im complaining. he is one fine mf.

Posted by: bulge | May 11, 2009 1:18:24 PM

19. shitstorm info

- Star trek 1st aired 1966

- star wars crap fest pops up 1977

Roddenberry's STAR TREK was 1st and was/is best

- inter racial cast working together with even a damn red "ruskie" character

- first inter racial kiss on tv (Uhura actress thought about quiting once but Martin Luther King JR himself talked her into staying on the show because she was the first black woman not playing a maid. An over glorified secretary yeah but for that time it was groundbreaking)

- many episodes dealing with race and race relations.

- flat out socialist federation with no money, profit, marketing labels (see the non name underware above) free health care and free education based solely on ability of passing admission tests

- touched on atheist ideas and promoted science (fictionalized) as vs feel goody faith force spirtualism bs

Posted by: jimmyboyo | May 11, 2009 1:22:52 PM

20. Yeah! What Rad said!! There was enough in the film to make it familiar to those of us who have been watching this franchise for 43 years, but it was fresh and new and I can see a whole new set of movies in the next 10 years.

I know this post was primarily Kirk/Spock-centric, but I think Karl Urban (Eomer from LoTR) did a GREAT Dr. McCoy. And, as you will see in one of the bridge scenes, he also fills out his Federation Uniform quite nicely!

AND it was f*ing FUNNY! McCoy: "You have Numb Tongue? I can fix that!" as he hits Kirk with the 4th hypo to the neck in 5 minutes.

I saw a Saturday 10am matinee at the Imax (Santa Clara, CA) and the place was PACKED. I will definitely be seeing it a few more times!! I think this will be one of those films where I discover something I overlooked before with each new showing.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | May 11, 2009 1:24:51 PM

21. Jimmyboyo, that is probably the most retarded thing you've ever uttered on this blog.

I'm not going to be baited into a Star Wars vs. Star Trek battle with anyone because I love both franchises. But Star Wars is rooted in Jungian archetypes and Joseph Campbell's hero's journey... to say that is for dumb middle Americans is beyond ludicrous. Particularly coming from someone whose own struggles with basic grammar and spelling are well documented at Towleroad.

Posted by: crispy | May 11, 2009 1:25:06 PM

22. Those are not briefs, they are trunks, maybe even a short cut boxer brief, but definitely not briefs. Very important detail.

Posted by: Ess | May 11, 2009 1:26:55 PM

23. I've never watched Star Trek, or Star Wars for that matter. However, I went to see this one because of J.J. Abrams, who created Alias & Lost. I enjoyed it so much that I went to see it again the next day. It had Abrams' style all over it. Lots of fun & action but a lot of heart as well (he also created Felicity). The green girl is Rachel Nichols, who was in Alias. Amanda Foreman, who was in both Felicity & Alias, also has a bit part.

Posted by: scar2 | May 11, 2009 1:27:30 PM

24. more cool trivia

DesiLu productions produced Star Trek

DesiLu as in Desi Arnez and Lucile Ball an interracial couple themselves who had run ins with McCarthyism and black listing during the red scare.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | May 11, 2009 1:29:13 PM

25. Actually, this Star Trek film takes place in an alternate reality (which, apparently Spock is now stuck in). So, much of what you see may or may not have happened in the real Star Trek timeline (Kirk meeting Capt. Pike before "The Cage" episode of the TV series, Vulcan being decimated, the hyper futuristic look of the Enterprise NC-17, etc). According to Zachary Quinto, Leonard Nimoy had final say as to who would represent his younger self. Pretty good decision. Also, if you look at the credits, Industrial Light and Magic did the special effects; that's George Lucas' company--so there might some visual similarities.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 11, 2009 1:38:56 PM