Carrie Prejean | Gay Marriage | News | Pageants

Trump: Carrie Prejean to Remain Miss California

Trump2

Donald Trump held a news conference today and announced that Carrie Prejean will remain Miss California, and said that she is now getting along with pageant officials, saying they spoke for several hours.

Video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Trump: "She gave an honest answer and for that she should be commended...We have determined that the pictures taken are fine, so we've made a determination that everything we've seen, we've made a determination that they're acceptable and in many cases very lovely pictures."

Prejeanpress  Said Prejean: "Thank you all for coming. First of all I would like to thank Mr. Trump for believing in me and allowing me to continue as Miss California USA. Second I would like to thank the Miss California organization for their support thus forward. And again believing in me and believing in women and the empowerment of women, and how women can make a difference in the world. I would like to thank the thousands of Americans who have sent letters, emails, and messages. I cannot count the fan mail I have received in the past few weeks...I want to thank my mom and dad, and my sister. She is serving in the U.S. Air Force. And most importantly I would like to thank God for trusting me with this large task and giving me the strength to stand by my beliefs. Three weeks ago I was asked a politically charged question with a hidden personal agenda. I answered my question honestly, and sincerely from my heart. I was very careful to articulate in saying that I did not want to offend anybody and that this is how I was raised and this is what I believe a marriage should be - between one man and one woman. Not only do I hold this belief, but as Mr. Trump said, the President of the United States, the Secretary of State, and any Americans agree with me in this belief. Immediately after the pageant Judge #8 began a cultural firestorm in the media. It went national. As he was trying to be self-promoting and hateful while I have remained silent since (LIE). I am honored to be here today to finally let my voice be heard and address the hateful attacks, despicable rumors, and false allegations I have had within the last three weeks...I am not an activist nor do I have a personal agenda."

Trump_prejean Trump said he would be happy to have Perez back as a judge. Prejean said that she "definitely forgive(s) him."

Trump was asked his views on same-sex marriage: "I don't think this is about me. If you don't mind, I think I'll take a pass. It's not up to me. It's a very big issue. It's a very complicated issue. And it's an issue that has two sides and I understand both of the sides very well. I think I'll take a pass on that question."

Added Prejean: "I'm not going to be speaking out against same-sex marriage. I'm going to resume my duties as Miss California but also stay true to who I am. We will see how we will balance the two."

Partial presser, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. For me the issue isn't that the pictures were taken. Who cares? The issue is that she lied, clearly against the rules of the pageant. And Trump has decided to excuse her.

Good to know that the message here is that a person doesn't have to follow the rules.

Posted by: mrmnyc | May 12, 2009 11:21:03 AM

2. i love how he says she's taken abuse

that's fucking rich

and now from her, "the president & the secretary of state agree with me"

*seeing red*

Posted by: sundog | May 12, 2009 11:21:13 AM

3. Figures.

Posted by: Ryan | May 12, 2009 11:21:24 AM

4. This is terrible. what a tragedy.

Posted by: pampermyass | May 12, 2009 11:24:32 AM

5. So it's ok to be a bigot but not ok to do cocaine???

Posted by: CJ | May 12, 2009 11:24:42 AM

6. GMAFB

Posted by: PistolPetey | May 12, 2009 11:24:52 AM

7. She must have given Donald a great fuck last night.

Posted by: Tralfaz | May 12, 2009 11:26:55 AM

8. Reason #265,709 why The Donald is disgusting?

Posted by: Jude | May 12, 2009 11:30:04 AM

9. "I am a model, I am a Christian"....give me a break. Then she says she respects diversity.
    Just another inarticulate, bobbleheaded bigot.

Posted by: Alex James | May 12, 2009 11:30:42 AM

10. Now she'll never shut the fuck up. Fine. Now enjoy your fake boobs and get back to obscurity as Miss California. Why should we see or hear you on the national stage anymore than Miss Arkansas or Miss Whoever? Your 15 minutes were up long ago.

Posted by: Bill | May 12, 2009 11:35:28 AM

11. I love how bigots never quite understand that they are, in fact, bigots.

And Donald Trump is truly disgusting.

Posted by: peterparker | May 12, 2009 11:37:28 AM

12. Uh-huh, straight Christians can lie and still be revered. Gay soldiers must lie to remain employed. Thanks for clearing that up for us Mr. Trump, and fuck you and your silly pageants

Posted by: Robert | May 12, 2009 11:38:18 AM

13. Did anyone expect a slimy whore like Donald Trump to do any different. I'm surprised he didn't call the press conference for midnight on top of his casino before picking a new apprentice. Trump=Scum bag.

Posted by: ggreen | May 12, 2009 11:41:12 AM

14. I get it now... she's the demon spawn of Donald Trump and Maggie Gallagher. It all makes sense.

I don't give a crap if she thinks 95% of the population is on her side. Just because you're in a majority doesn't automatically make you right. Of course, she's too stupid to understand this concept.

Posted by: David in Houston | May 12, 2009 11:42:48 AM

15. maybe now she'll just go away.

Posted by: william ww | May 12, 2009 11:42:49 AM

16. Save the video. No need to extend her misuse of another 15 minutes.

Posted by: Maverick69 | May 12, 2009 11:43:15 AM

17. Well, sounds like Donald Trump is a big ol' homophobe as well. Why should I be surprised about that?

Posted by: Terry | May 12, 2009 11:43:16 AM

18. The truth of the matter is, that the country has more pressing issues, than some stupid blond ignorant bimbo, keeping a Beauty Title, seems to me, that everyone paying attention to her don't know that beauty fades...
    On another note, she should be grateful Perez Hilton, asked her that questions, otherwise she would not be having her few minutes of fame. She and Trump represent the odd and the wrong in this world.

Posted by: Kryanox | May 12, 2009 11:43:50 AM

19. Trump and Ms. California-
    equal part fame-whores and bigots.
    Combover king is a misogynistic ass.

Posted by: Nick | May 12, 2009 11:45:10 AM

20. To tell the truth, why are we surprised? Donald Trump is a publicity whore of the highest order, and this controversy is giving the Miss USA Pageant headlines. Carrie Prejean has lied again and again, but in this country it's OK to lie as long as you truthfully hate the homos.

I'm guessing the Donald hates the homos too. We know he has lived the American Lie for years: He never made any of his own money, he inherited it, he pisses it away on his ventures which invariably go belly-up, and he lies to get the government to bail his flabby ass out. So he and Miss Prejean will get along just fine. They have a lot in common. They're both lying no-talents who will say anything to get what they want.

And she's simply a lying slimebag whore. And not even that pretty. The CA pageant organization should force her to give up her implants.

Posted by: CajunBoyLGb | May 12, 2009 11:45:57 AM

21. The NOM spokescow on "Larry King" last night decried the discrimination and bullying anti-marriage equality forces face. I can't imagine the torment those poor dears have to go through!

Posted by: jennifer | May 12, 2009 11:46:42 AM

22. Okay, so I would hope all the gay/lesbian beauty pageant crew have the BALLS to stop working for Trump....this really is sad...I guess all the gay assistance that makes this organization tick aren't worth crap...grrrrrrr

Posted by: brenterino | May 12, 2009 11:48:18 AM

23. Mr. Trump has now effectively taught young women everywhere:

1. You can break the rules and still win.
    2. You can lie and get ahead.
    3. You can practice intolerance and be famous.
    4. You can promote your own personal agenda instead of doing your job and not be fired.
    5. You can break a contract with no consequences.
    6. You can be divisive and still claim to represent all.
    7. You can be 'Christian' and immoral at the same time... and now, you can finally be proud of it.

Only in America.

Posted by: Jon | May 12, 2009 11:51:19 AM

24. Maybe she wasn't completely honest about the photos. But really, they aren't such a big deal (especially since they are pre-implants.) And considering the whole point of the pageant is to parade boobies in bikinis, who cares if she showed them off?

And regarding her opinion about gay marriage--last I checked, we all get to have our opinions.

As it turns out, there were several gay guys as judges and it seems her opinion lost her the title. Meanwhile, the brouhaha has catapulted her into the limelight and caused a wave of sympathy.

It is actually shocking to me that she is being attacked. Free speech. Freedom of expression. Attack her opinion,with logical fact-based arguments. But don't attack her for HAVING the opinion by trying to suppress it.

All the hysteria has only made her more powerful. Good job gays!

Posted by: DMS | May 12, 2009 11:52:41 AM

25. Since Trump paid for her fake tits why should he stop supporting her now? She's whore and so is he.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 12, 2009 11:53:30 AM