Barack Obama | Camille Paglia | Gay Rights | News

BigGayDeal.com

Camille Paglia: Gay Activists 'Childish' for Demanding Rights

Paglia

Camille Paglia is never at a loss for an opinion about anything. Here's she's interviewed by Canada's Xtra about her break-up with her partner, how long-term lesbian relationships are challenged, Obama, and gay activists who are "childish" for demanding rights when the President has so much on his plate.

I've actually never experienced her on camera before, but something about this reads Mink Stole to me.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. There is no help for the deeply dumb.

Posted by: Tyler | Jun 25, 2009 10:51:30 AM

2. I wish someone would put Piglia and Colder on a very isolated island along with Sullyvan and that other blond hatemonger and leave them there. Some island with large man & woman-eating reptiles and big venomous spiders.

Posted by: Hampha | Jun 25, 2009 10:56:17 AM

3. Now she is a psychologist too? Ugh. She never shuts up!

Oh, and that dye job, totally believable.

Posted by: Odsbjorn | Jun 25, 2009 11:03:31 AM

4. How DARE you compare this fetid cunt with the legendary Mink Stole?!?

Paglia once claimed that there's no such as anti-gay violence since gay folks can hide their sexuality. What that means, I still have no idea. She's quite the wordsmith and a deeply disturbed individual.

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Jun 25, 2009 11:06:50 AM

5. I hate hearing that 'the leader has much more important issues right now' crap. There is no convenient time when it comes to equality and discrimination. Geesh, get a clue.

Posted by: terry | Jun 25, 2009 11:07:15 AM

6. I would invite her to a dinner party. I think she's fascinating

Posted by: Ken P. | Jun 25, 2009 11:08:28 AM

7. Sadly, she is a very intelligent woman with some very thoughtful ideas who also has lots of personal issues which color her opinions.

Posted by: Timmeeeyyy | Jun 25, 2009 11:09:02 AM

8. I heard the same inflection in a voice at a social gathering and I put two and two together.

Posted by: Josh | Jun 25, 2009 11:09:04 AM

9. I think her strange, vague 'main parent' vs 'assistant parent' idea is more potentially confusing to children than simply having two mommies or daddies.

Posted by: Wes | Jun 25, 2009 11:12:41 AM

10. just one more reason I left the halls of academe - to not to have to put up with the pretentious twaddle of prima donnas like her!

Posted by: brian | Jun 25, 2009 11:13:00 AM

11. She must have the same gay friends as Sarah Palin. Except instead of whores she hates, they are whores she envies!

The thing to remember about Paglia is that she was unleashed on the world by Harold Bloom. She wouldn't have gotten her PhD without him. I love Harold to death but he threw the rest of us onto the fire with this one.

Posted by: Karl | Jun 25, 2009 11:14:31 AM

12. Camille Paglia is a brilliant and cultured woman. She runs rings around her critics. Her opinions are always articulate and show her knowledge. She is always poised. She clashes with the immaturity, ignorance, and political correctness that typifies so many involved in the feminist, gay and lesbian movements.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jun 25, 2009 11:15:35 AM

13. I'm at a loss for words.

Too bad she's not.

Posted by: ichabod | Jun 25, 2009 11:18:07 AM

14. She always says the opposite of popular gay opinion...always. I don't think she's really a lesbian. She just pretends she is because it goes against "the norm." JohnInManhttan: not fetid cunt! oh my...I think I love you.

Posted by: JohnnieB | Jun 25, 2009 11:18:28 AM

15. I was enchanted with her when SEXUAL PERSONAE came out; I'm a fan of the idea of psychologizing everything and analyzing everything. But her opinions over the years have become comical. She's been an idiot, truly, for at least a decade. What an embarrassment.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jun 25, 2009 11:22:05 AM

16. It's good to see some things never change. Camille is still nuts.

Posted by: J. J. | Jun 25, 2009 11:23:25 AM

17. What building is that. I like the new addition to the historic buiding

Posted by: asfsaf | Jun 25, 2009 11:29:09 AM

18. What a dreadful, shallow woman.

Posted by: BobC562 | Jun 25, 2009 11:29:30 AM

19. What was interesting about that interview was her use of the personal pronoun "I." When put into context with the fact she clearly wants an open relationship, me thinks there is a rather strong narcissistic streak going on there. Bottom line, I would bet Paglia's partner kicked her out just to get some peace and quiet.

Posted by: David | Jun 25, 2009 11:29:54 AM

20. The queen of agitprop that has never had an original though in her life.

Posted by: ggreen | Jun 25, 2009 11:32:15 AM

21. is she drunk during that ramble?

Posted by: Marc | Jun 25, 2009 11:33:18 AM

22. There will never be a time when the President does not have a lot on his plate. How brilliant or cultured do you have to be to understand that?

Posted by: Matt | Jun 25, 2009 11:37:49 AM

23. She's always been an insufferable jackass.

Posted by: Jersey | Jun 25, 2009 11:41:24 AM

24. She just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Starting with her "I am an expert on disco music" diatribe when reviewing Madonna's Confessions album and then blaming that poor kid who got killed at his school for being too flaming and therefore deserving death and then loving Sarah Palin and now this?

Someone please unleash an incurable case of scabies on this woman.

Posted by: Alex | Jun 25, 2009 11:41:30 AM

25. I wish people would stop saying the President is so busy. He is President of the United States of America - of course his plate is full. We elected someone who can multi-task; NOW MULTI-TASK!

Even Bush managed to run two wars, waterboard, block rights, violate laws, and spend most of his time on vacation. Don't tell me it can't be done.

Posted by: David | Jun 25, 2009 11:45:40 AM