Farrah Fawcett | News

BigGayDeal.com

Farrah Fawcett Dies at 62

Actress Farrah Fawcett has died after a three-year battle with cancer:

Fawcett"Fawcett, 62, died at St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica at 9:28 a.m. Thursday morning with her longtime love, Ryan O'Neal and her friend Alana Stewart by her side. O'Neal told reporters waiting outside the hospital this morning only that 'she's gone.'"

O'Neal to People: "She's gone. She now belongs to the ages. She's now with her mother and sister and her God. I loved her with all my heart. I will miss her so very, very much. She was in and out of consciousness. I talked to her all through the night. I told her how very much I loved her. She's in a better place now...She was with her team when she passed ... Her eyes were open, but she didn't say anything. But you could see in her eyes that she recognized us."

Angels mourn co-star's passing...

Comments

1. Rest in Peace, Angel.

She with her mom and sister now.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 25, 2009 1:18:03 PM

2. I was hoping she's pull through to marry her long time partner Ryan O'Neil as they planned. This breaks my heart. I hope in death she finds the peace she deserves. RIP.

Posted by: Cj | Jun 25, 2009 1:27:22 PM

3. i think my heart just broke a little.

Posted by: alguien | Jun 25, 2009 1:27:39 PM

4. Well that just made my mood go south!
    How sad for her.

Posted by: Marc | Jun 25, 2009 1:28:10 PM

5. like Elizabeth Mongomery - way too soon! Im sick to death of hearing about the Swine Flu --- CANCER IS AN EPIDEMIC IN AMERICA!!! Everyone knows someone who's had it,or knows someone who knows someone that does...its awful!

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Jun 25, 2009 1:31:10 PM

6. "St. John's Medical Center" is the correct name.

Posted by: what | Jun 25, 2009 1:31:22 PM

7. So sad.

Posted by: Rad | Jun 25, 2009 1:34:31 PM

8. With such grace and bravery in face of the disease, Farrah will be terribly missed.
    With our love, fly on ahead, our Angel.

Posted by: JT | Jun 25, 2009 1:37:26 PM

9. AN AMERICAN LEGEND .... may she rest in peace.

Posted by: Willie | Jun 25, 2009 1:40:52 PM

10. I'll always regret not having had the opportunity to see Farrah on Broadway in BOBBY BOLAND in 2007. I had tickets but the play closed during previews. A friend said she was wonderful in it. I've no doubt as she was a terrific actress (THE BURNING BED, EXTREMITIES, THE APOSTLE, etc.)

She was something truly special.

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Jun 25, 2009 1:50:13 PM

11. A sad loss of a beautiful icon. She will be missed.

Posted by: JayDub | Jun 25, 2009 1:52:59 PM

12. I loved her and the other angels. They were so polished back then, glamorous and soft but still tough. Not all hardened and grungy and flat-ironed and smart-assed and tatooed like todays idea of beauty.

And the show was not dripping in irony and politics, it was all fantasy and glamour. I miss that.

The word icon is used to often - but she fit the definition.

Posted by: Andy | Jun 25, 2009 2:00:52 PM

13. Her beautiful infectious smile has left the world,....Rest now angel, you'll be sorely missed. :(

Posted by: Zo | Jun 25, 2009 2:04:44 PM

14. Just so sad. She will be missed.

Posted by: blkjck0820 | Jun 25, 2009 2:04:56 PM

15. You'll be an angel forever.

RIP Farrah

Posted by: Derek | Jun 25, 2009 3:00:35 PM

16. Ugh, she died at my hospital. Adds a whole other level of sadness to this for me.

Posted by: MateoM | Jun 25, 2009 3:01:18 PM

17. I can't imagine what her son must be going through, being in jail while his mother dies. If that doesn't transform your life, I don't know what will.

R.I.P. Farrah.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jun 25, 2009 3:01:59 PM

18. Bless you, Farrah!

Posted by: Jim | Jun 25, 2009 3:11:38 PM

19. Farrah Fawcett was pop culture's ultimate icon. Every boy had her poster. Every girl wanted her haircut. She inspired a generation of girls to kick butt and look good doing it. http://www.getback.com/gallery/farrah-fawcett-through-the-years/2987491/2/

Posted by: angelica | Jun 25, 2009 3:50:36 PM

20. A brave woman. Rest in Peace.
    Oh and for a little perspective on Ryan O'Neal- Andy please read this open letter published 2 days ago from her PR rep:

Posted by: Gavin Elster | Jun 25, 2009 4:25:28 PM

21. A Charlies Angel goes to heaven.

Posted by: donsnyc | Jun 25, 2009 7:04:14 PM

Tonic of Heartache
    Flooded Eyes
    Melted Block of Heart
    Bitter Drinks
    Spilt Goodwill

Posted by: Claire Richards | Jun 25, 2009 8:32:44 PM

23. this saddened me more than Michael Jackson's death. I think it was interesting that she kept her illness out of the press for so long...at least I did not know she was sick until recently. I am certain some people could care less, but she really was an Icon...when you think of Charlie's Angels you automatically think of Farrah.

Posted by: Paul | Jun 26, 2009 9:39:22 AM

24. when lincoln died, secy of war edwin stanton famously said, "now he belongs to the ages." however, what he probably said was, "now he belongs to the angels."

the former quote is very apt for lincoln. the latter quote, "now (s)he belongs to the angels," is much more appropriate for farrah. r.i.p. brave soul.

Posted by: nic | Jun 26, 2009 2:47:10 PM