Farrah Fawcett Dies at 62

Actress Farrah Fawcett has died after a three-year battle with cancer:

Fawcett"Fawcett, 62, died at St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica at 9:28 a.m.
Thursday morning with her longtime love, Ryan O'Neal and her friend
Alana Stewart by her side. O'Neal told reporters waiting outside the
hospital this morning only that 'she's gone.'"

O'Neal to People: "She's gone. She now belongs to the ages. She's now with her mother and sister and her God. I loved her with all
my heart. I will miss her so very, very much. She was in and out of
consciousness. I talked to her all through the night. I told her how
very much I loved her. She's in a better place now…She was with her team when she passed … Her eyes were open, but she
didn't say anything. But you could see in her eyes that she recognized
us."

Angels mourn co-star's passing

Comments

1. Cj says

I was hoping she’s pull through to marry her long time partner Ryan O’Neil as they planned. This breaks my heart. I hope in death she finds the peace she deserves. RIP.

2. Disgusted Gay American says

like Elizabeth Mongomery – way too soon! Im sick to death of hearing about the Swine Flu — CANCER IS AN EPIDEMIC IN AMERICA!!! Everyone knows someone who’s had it,or knows someone who knows someone that does…its awful!

3. JohnInManhattan says

I’ll always regret not having had the opportunity to see Farrah on Broadway in BOBBY BOLAND in 2007. I had tickets but the play closed during previews. A friend said she was wonderful in it. I’ve no doubt as she was a terrific actress (THE BURNING BED, EXTREMITIES, THE APOSTLE, etc.)

She was something truly special.

4. Andy says

I loved her and the other angels. They were so polished back then, glamorous and soft but still tough. Not all hardened and grungy and flat-ironed and smart-assed and tatooed like todays idea of beauty.

And the show was not dripping in irony and politics, it was all fantasy and glamour. I miss that.

The word icon is used to often – but she fit the definition.

5. soulbrotha says

I can’t imagine what her son must be going through, being in jail while his mother dies. If that doesn’t transform your life, I don’t know what will.

R.I.P. Farrah.

Tonic of Heartache
    Flooded Eyes
    Melted Block of Heart
    Bitter Drinks
    Spilt Goodwill

7. Paul says

this saddened me more than Michael Jackson’s death. I think it was interesting that she kept her illness out of the press for so long…at least I did not know she was sick until recently. I am certain some people could care less, but she really was an Icon…when you think of Charlie’s Angels you automatically think of Farrah.

8. nic says

when lincoln died, secy of war edwin stanton famously said, “now he belongs to the ages.” however, what he probably said was, “now he belongs to the angels.”

the former quote is very apt for lincoln. the latter quote, “now (s)he belongs to the angels,” is much more appropriate for farrah. r.i.p. brave soul.