Anthony Woods | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | News

Gay Iraq Vet Congressional Candidate Anthony Woods Talks to CNN

Anthonywoods

Anthony Woods, who earned the Bronze star serving in Iraq and was discharged under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", is running in a special election to replace outgoing Representative Ellen Tauscher. He was recently interviewed by CNN.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I don't live in CA - but went to his website and made a contribution to his campaign - he seems like just what we need in Congress!

Posted by: Joe | Jun 15, 2009 11:56:54 AM

2. He sounds like a smart/well rounded individual and wish him well..I hope he wins!

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Jun 15, 2009 12:06:29 PM

3. ditto Joe

For everyone else, here is his web address

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jun 15, 2009 12:07:10 PM

4. Joe

Ditto

Here is his web address for anyone else interested in learning more and or donating

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jun 15, 2009 12:20:41 PM

5. I contributed, too. He's a friend of former colleague of mine.

I suggest everyone contribute, especially those making lame threats to create a new political party. Here's a rare chance to support someone who wants to move our issues along.

Posted by: Nick | Jun 15, 2009 12:21:27 PM

6. He's a brilliant star. His website graphite says it too.

Posted by: Scott | Jun 15, 2009 12:58:11 PM

7. Nick, that's exactly what I was going to say.

Also, if you're tired of handing over money to organizations that serve only to enrich themselves and do little for us, supporting candidate Woods is a refreshing alternative.

Posted by: Hank Drake | Jun 15, 2009 1:12:14 PM

8. I donated once already to Anthony Woods and I actually received a letter from hif office this weekend. I'll pony up a little more to help him out.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jun 15, 2009 1:20:32 PM

9. Seeing someone as intelligent and capable as this gentleman is shows how ludicrous DADT is. Count me in for Anthony Woods and thanks for posting this.

Posted by: mikeyj | Jun 15, 2009 2:29:52 PM

10. I guess I'm gonna have to register to vote at my parents house in Walnut Creek so I can vote for him.

On another note, how many times can he say "military" in one interview.

Posted by: Marc | Jun 15, 2009 2:34:30 PM