Grace Jones | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Grace Jones Hula Hoops While Performing 'Slave to the Rhythm'

Gracejones
For the entire song. Work!

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously...
Grace Jones: A Mass-Produced Self-Portrait in Chocolate [tr]

Comments

1. It goes without saying but: wow Grace Jones. Wow.

Posted by: Seth | Jun 25, 2009 6:54:39 PM

2. This, combined with the many odd anecdotes I've heard and read about her, has finally convinced me that Grace is not from Earth.

Seriously, she's barely even moving her hips a lot of the time. It's like the hula hoop is staying up by her sheer force of will. Or it's scared what will happen to it if it drops.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 25, 2009 7:00:47 PM

3. What's not to love?

Posted by: rich | Jun 25, 2009 8:13:27 PM

4. Thanks for posting this. This is my favorite Grace Jones song. I love her BBC performance of this song.

Posted by: Brayden W. | Jun 25, 2009 8:48:22 PM

5. i saw her in a live preformance years ago in a small venue -- a gay club, actually. and, she was great. i still love her rendition of "la vie en rose" and "i need a man".

Posted by: nic | Jun 25, 2009 8:50:32 PM

6. PAUL R...YOUR COMMENT: This, combined with the many odd anecdotes I've heard and read about her, has finally convinced me that Grace is not from Earth.

I laughed my ass off at your comment.....That was hysterical dude...U wrote it as IF you were a Critic..who went to her Concert,and wrote about her,and what you saw...Hysterical..BRAVO!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jun 25, 2009 9:09:33 PM

7. JUST got a ticket for the end of JULY for NYC..I'm used to ALL her faults but when she hits that stage,,,she's an artist +DIVA!..I've always loved her music and far out videos...especially when she teamed up with Keith Harring in that now classic music video!!!

Posted by: tony | Jun 26, 2009 12:09:42 AM

8. I just LOVE her!
    I so want to do that.

Posted by: Erik | Jun 26, 2009 12:46:58 AM

9. At 60 ? not bad and her Hurricane album is just great.

Posted by: Louis | Jun 26, 2009 10:31:15 AM

10. i CANT WAIT for her concert next month in LA at the hollywood bowl!!

Posted by: jash | Jun 26, 2009 11:38:17 AM

11. Poor Gold. I've loved her since I was 15. And that was a long time ago.

Posted by: eleanor | Jun 26, 2009 10:23:52 PM

12. i saw Grace Last night and she did the hula hoop thing - very impressive. And my other half got up on the stage... AGAIN!

Posted by: Stephen | Jul 10, 2009 10:04:40 AM