David Letterman | Kathy Griffin | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kathy Griffin Does Late Show with David Letterman

Griffin

Kathy Griffin appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman last night and talked about her mother's Prop 8 activism (and drinking), Suze Orman, Maya Angelou, Katie Couric, Sarah Palin and her husband Todd, Ryan Seacrest, and  Gayle King.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I adore her!

Posted by: Jaydub | Jun 11, 2009 9:13:08 AM

2. That was one of her best interviews in a long time! She was very witty and not too starved for attention. Usually when she does a major interview she's perky and overcompensates her act. Maybe she's ready for the A-list afterall?

Posted by: Tom S. | Jun 11, 2009 9:32:40 AM

3. Her stand up show in Vancouver was awesomely funny!
    Did you fans catch episode 1 of Dlist on Monday night?
    Great, funny stuff.

I love Kathy!

Posted by: Marc | Jun 11, 2009 10:30:37 AM

4. that was a hilarious interview, she was pitch perfect, and din't over do it as another poster mentioned.

Posted by: Derek | Jun 11, 2009 10:55:43 AM

5. She is perfection....she is a true comedian....I LOVE U KATHY!!!!

Posted by: Bosie | Jun 11, 2009 11:08:05 AM

6. I love that some of her jokes were above the crowd's head. Like, "Who's Maya Angelou?" Hilarious! We love la Kathy.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Jun 11, 2009 11:24:46 AM

7. The first episode of "D-List" this season was a riot!

I love how she keeps whoring out her Emmys!

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 11, 2009 11:31:08 AM

8. I am seeing her Friday Nite here in Boston!!

Posted by: alex in boston | Jun 11, 2009 12:55:37 PM

9. Oh heavens, she is so darn funny!!!!! LOL! LOVES me some Kathy! Brightened a lousy day for me... thanks Kath!

Posted by: CKNJ | Jun 11, 2009 1:06:24 PM

10. An amusing interview, but I wonder why she didn't make explicit the award that she had received (as well as the one she had been nominated for), instead only referring to it as a 'big deal':

2009 GLAAD Media Awards Outstanding Reality Series Nominated "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List"
    2009 GLAAD Media Awards Vanguard Award Won Kathy Griffin

Posted by: Rod | Jun 11, 2009 1:38:11 PM

11. Kathy is wonderful. Letterman is an asshole.

Posted by: mikeyj | Jun 11, 2009 1:47:34 PM

12. Rod, didn't she say what award she was up for - the Gracie Awards, given by the American Women In Radio & Television?

Posted by: Harrison | Jun 11, 2009 3:40:15 PM

13. Gayle King = Oprah's boyfriend, I mean husband

Priceless.

Posted by: David R. | Jun 12, 2009 1:51:18 AM

14. There's only one legitimate place I've found to watch it, the rest seem like scams :-/ You can see it over here though: http://alturl.com/rzkh

They make you do a little survey but after that it's good to go :)

Posted by: karena | Jun 12, 2009 2:17:31 AM

15. I meet Kathy Griffin at a Q and A at the Sag building off Wilshire in L.A. She is as funny and nice in person as she is on the shows she does. GO KATHY!

Posted by: JOE F. | Jun 12, 2009 12:28:50 PM