Comments

1. Alan says

I just hope that Governor Pawlenty will sign the certificate of election. People have been talking about whether this would happen, and I hope that their doubts will be quickly proven wrong. I suppose we’ll see what happens in the coming weeks. I just hope Franken gets to the Senate someday soon. I’m tired of this circus going on forever and ever.

2. jimmyboyo says

I think coleman will try to appeal to the SC

There isn’t anything in the ruling that jumps out as a valid reason for coleman to appeal to the SC, but Alito (fellow repub)will most likely order a stay till October when the SC comes back into session
    to deny the dems fillibuster proof 60 seats for a few months more to get past health care and the energy bill

3. Paul R says

About time. Read any poll of Minnesotans of any political stripe, and you’ll see they’re damn tired of not being fully represented in the Senate.

4. LincolnLounger says

Amazing how Coleman was leading on election night and suddenly — miraculously — they kept “finding” uncounted votes. Typical.

Send in the clowns. Don’t bother — they’re here.

5. Jim in MN says

Pawlenty said “I’m not going to defy an order of the Minnesota Supreme Court. That would be a dereliction of my duty,” he said. “I’m going to follow the direction of the court … I also expect them to give guidance and direction as to the certificate of election. I’m prepared to sign it as soon as they give the green light.”

Because they didnt give guidance on how to deal with the election certificate and because they did not ORDER Pawlenty to sign it, I am afraid he will defer signing it until it can be heard at a federal level. There has been talk about this all week here in Minnesota. So never count your chickens before their hatched.

6. Dan says

Re: LincolnLounger

You guys try to put somebody like Sarah Palin one (faint) heartbeat away from the presidency and we’re the ones sending in the clowns?

At least Franken’s intentionally funny.

7. paul c says

What is incredibly disturbing is that in 2009 we are still having all these fucking election controversies. There needs to be a standard set of voting regulations that will elminate questionable elections.
    Everyone should have to get a photo ID that they must present to vote and every ballot should have a paper trail that can be recounted accurately.
    The fact that this is something that directly affects all politicians and yet no one has done anything to fix it once and for all is incredibly suspicious in itself. These confused arbitrational situations are one more way that Democrat and Republican bigshots can manipulate election results among themselves, rather than truly allowing voters to decide.

8. Paul R says

Coleman has said there will be no more litigation. This is over, thank god, unless Pawlenty is willing to counter Coleman. Which seems unlikely.

It’s still not fillibuster-proof. Specter has said he’ll still vote however he likes and, as we saw with the recent climate bill, many Dems are unwilling to toe the party line if it affects their interests.

9. says

Powerleveling-Runescape.net is a professional Runescape powerleveling

Service site for Runescape player.You can buy

runescape money and cheap runescape gold and rs

money service.