Gay Pride | Gay Slurs | New Jersey | News

BigGayDeal.com

Real NJ Housewife Danielle Staub Gets Some Gay Love at NYC Pride

Danielle

Danielle Staub of the Real Housewives of New Jersey, marched in yesterday's Pride parade in NYC. Image by Flickr user SReed99342. You may remember Staub defended gays from homophobic slurs by her co-stars on the recent series.

WaPo: "The annual march down Fifth Avenue commemorated the Stonewall rebellion of 40 years ago, when patrons at a gay bar resisted the police. The several days of disturbances that followed the uprising became one of the defining moments of the gay rights movement. The celebration was tempered by the knowledge that other states, including Massachusetts, Connecticut and Iowa, have legalized same-sex marriage before New York."
Boy Culture has a wrap-up of the NYC Pride parade as does Kenneth in the 212.

Here's an excellent portfolio of shots from Boss Tweed on Flickr.

A contingent of gay bloggers also marched this year ( I was invited but out-of-town, so unfortunately couldn't join, but it looks like they had fun).

CNN's coverage of the event, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Did she hire the twink to hold that sign beside her?

Posted by: Carl | Jun 29, 2009 11:41:54 AM

2. "Not homophobic" is probably the only complimentary thing I can think to say about her, which is one more complimentary thing than I can think to say of her fellow NJ housewives.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jun 29, 2009 12:53:29 PM

3. Team Danielle!

Posted by: Joshua | Jun 29, 2009 1:14:02 PM

4. she's the only one i liked this season - i knew there was a reason

Posted by: sundog | Jun 29, 2009 3:41:18 PM

5. And Of course Carl had to say some smart ass tasteless shit about the young man holding the sign.Its always the jealous old fags.

Posted by: Tony | Jun 29, 2009 10:21:17 PM

6. When I say the gay bloggers the first person I looked for was Andy, Oh well. Off subject this was my first NYC Pride, where was a HX float or maybe Splash?

Posted by: Billy | Jun 29, 2009 10:43:26 PM

7. I'm the (not hired) twink that marched with my good friend Eric Andrew, in yellow, and his friend Danielle. I haven't seen the show, but in person she is as sweet as can be.

xo