Gay Rights | News

BigGayDeal.com

Guess Who Checked Out the 'Breeder' Book?

Breeder

Every heterosexual who thinks being gay is a choice, or that gay people don't suffer discrimination, should sit down for this talk.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via queerty)

Comments

1. what a sick fukk...

Posted by: todd | Jul 23, 2009 11:53:13 AM

2. Powerful. Where/Who was this?

Posted by: Lloyd | Jul 23, 2009 11:56:15 AM

3. ahh excuse me that's how it is BUT it's all STRAIGHT!!! So that GLBT youth and adults are constantly besieged by "Straight" society!

Posted by: alex in boston | Jul 23, 2009 12:06:42 PM

4. This is fantastic! Very moving stuff...

Posted by: Wayne | Jul 23, 2009 12:10:28 PM

5. Most excellent! (TODD, you should watch before you type.) There's more on Brian McNaught here: http://www.brian-mcnaught.com/

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Jul 23, 2009 12:11:06 PM

6. I wonder how many anti-gay people will even take the time to try watching this video.

Posted by: Aiden Raccoon | Jul 23, 2009 12:14:17 PM

7. That was a unique way of putting people in other people's shoes. My making them imagine what it would be like if the world were reversed what it would feel like. (I don't think Todd got that).

Posted by: David C | Jul 23, 2009 12:21:18 PM

8. Ok, it took me like 3 mins to understand what was going on.
    That's some powerful stuff, it really did make me think about stuff I don't do in public and that I should be able to do.
    Life now is definitely easier than it was 10/20 years ago, but there is still a long way to go!

Posted by: Alco | Jul 23, 2009 12:21:55 PM

9. Scary 1992 fashions!

Posted by: Tom A | Jul 23, 2009 12:22:57 PM

10. Very interesting =]

Posted by: Jake | Jul 23, 2009 12:26:41 PM

11. Brilliant exercise.

Posted by: TikiHead | Jul 23, 2009 12:31:34 PM

12. AlexinBoston and Todd, watch the video again. He's trying to give straight people a way to understand how gay people feel all their lives by flipping the tables and making them the minority/outsiders. It's a lesson in empathy. You really have to pay more attention, or at the very least watch the whole video.

Posted by: Jon B | Jul 23, 2009 12:36:18 PM

13. Todd, your comment confuses me.

Alex, your comment confuses me as well.

Posted by: Danny | Jul 23, 2009 12:42:21 PM

14. Brian McNaught.

We used to do this kind of workshop a lot in the 90s.

Posted by: Kevinvt | Jul 23, 2009 12:44:30 PM

15. Thanks so much for sharing this...often times straight folks ask me how my life is different from theirs. Try as I might, I don't think I have done this good a job describing my life experience. It will be great to share this with them.
    Oh, and I still love the clothes they are wearing... what is wrong with me...LMAO!

Posted by: GW | Jul 23, 2009 1:07:07 PM

16. I guess I can see why commenters Alex and Todd are confused....his delivery is very much in the evangelical preacher style....which is actually a good thing. It's the style of 'preaching' the average Joe/Joanne 'never met a gay person' might be used to.

He definitely seemed to reach the audience and create empathy. Interesting stuff.

Posted by: Gregus | Jul 23, 2009 1:13:27 PM

17. you are all correct..I commented before I watched the entire thing...I will try it again. embarrassing...

Posted by: todd | Jul 23, 2009 1:26:49 PM

18. Wow, this is a damn good video. I think it should be required viewing in every high school and college. Maybe i am just moved by it at the moment, but i think maybe it would make a few bigots see life from my side of the road. It would never happen, but what a thought.

Posted by: sonnie | Jul 23, 2009 1:52:26 PM

19. Interesting video.
    I pity is though that no heterosexual (oh, boy, dont I love this 'breeder' thing!) would be attntive enough to listen to this argument - and the ones that would already need none of it :)

Posted by: Гей сайт | Jul 23, 2009 1:57:22 PM

20. wow very interesting.

Posted by: KFLO | Jul 23, 2009 2:03:58 PM

21. Great exercise. It's sad that in this day and age that this would still be needed, though it appears from 2 or 3 decades ago.

Great find!

Posted by: NYSmike | Jul 23, 2009 2:07:06 PM

22. Er...I'm straight and I watched the whole thing. I guess I'll come out as a chick, while I'm at it. I like it here. Please don't make me leave :(

Posted by: K | Jul 23, 2009 2:08:38 PM

23. AT&T used to bring in Brian McNaught for diversity training. I applaud AT&T for their efforts. AT&T was one of the first Fortune 500 companies to include sexual orientation in their diversity policy back in the 70s.

Posted by: Voet | Jul 23, 2009 2:14:40 PM

24. Watching this underscores all the ways I still hide who I am. The audience comments at the end really got to me as well. I still feel many of those things today. Sad.

Posted by: wetcnt | Jul 23, 2009 2:43:36 PM

25. That is powerful! I'll be sharing that with my breeder friends.

Posted by: Mike in Seattle | Jul 23, 2009 3:50:33 PM