Barack Obama | Health | News

Latest Wingnut Attack on Health Care: Gays to Take Over Hospitals

A group called 'The Pray in Jesus Name Project' (led by Chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt, below) has sent out an email to its followers warning them that the Obama health care plan will lead to a gay and transgender takeover of the health care system, The New Republic reports.

Chaplain Specifically: "Your tax-dollars will pay for preferential hiring of homosexual hospital administrators, who distribute $50,000 grants to gender-confused activists for unneeded elective surgery to mutilate their own genitals, (and force Christian doctors to perform it.)"

TNR adds: "The group attempts to back this up by citing drafts of the House and Senate bills that make fleeting references to gender and sexual orientation, but which have nothing to do with mandated free sex-change operations."

Comments

1. It looks like some kind of Captain & Tenille meets the 700 Club meets a Sheba cat food commercial.

Posted by: Yeek | Aug 14, 2009 10:06:12 AM

2. If I wasn't already in favor of health care reform, this would turn me in favor of it just to spite these bastards.

Posted by: Hank | Aug 14, 2009 10:11:53 AM

3. What all these people who are opposed to the "end of life" consultation prevision fail to realize is that while YES a Living Will allows you to say that you want the "plug pulled", it will also allow you to say that you want everything possible done to keep you alive. Thereby preventing your greedy bastard children from pulling your plug just to get the inheritance that much faster.

Posted by: Brian C | Aug 14, 2009 10:27:55 AM

4. That is some seriously impressive crazy.

Posted by: Glenn | Aug 14, 2009 10:33:14 AM

5. I graduated from law school in May and still have no job, so if Obama is going to start a gay takeover of health care, sign me up! I need some income!

Posted by: ChristopherM | Aug 14, 2009 10:34:00 AM

6. Wow - these people are insane. They think gender-reassignment is a "gay" agenda? I'm gay and I think "sex changes" are just a way for power-mad doctors to stroke their own egos at the expense of the sexually confused. (Not to mention gender-reassignment is mostly performed by heterosexual male doctors - and also not to mention that the latest #1 fan of gender-reassignment is IRAN - the Ayatollah loves that it grotesquely "changes" homosexuals into heterosexuals. It NEVER leads to an improvement in life for the recipient, and that's what's supposed to be important!) Anyway, I guess I'm just surprised (I shouldn't be) that the Fascists are such blind-minded cretins that they see The Gays as some mad surgical conspiracy. It's "the Straights" who are Hippocratically challenged.

Posted by: Donovan | Aug 14, 2009 10:44:34 AM

7. These people are truly insane - with a very sick fantasy life. Even I couldn't dream this up after a pitcher of double margaritas.

Posted by: Steve | Aug 14, 2009 10:48:57 AM

8. He makes it sound like the line of people awaiting a sex change stretches across the country. I would think that surgery isn't very common. Anyone recall the line from Waters' film Desperate Living? "I want a wang and I want it now!" I, however, want Steve's pitcher of double margaritas.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 14, 2009 11:02:17 AM

9. Closeted people say the darndest things !

Posted by: ty | Aug 14, 2009 11:09:31 AM

10. Wow, the hate content of that single sentence is off the charts. Kind of impressive from a sufficiently detached perspective.

Posted by: Pender | Aug 14, 2009 11:16:08 AM

11. Who do they think is running the health care system now? I've dated more gay doctors than I have members of any other profession.

Posted by: jomicur | Aug 14, 2009 11:32:06 AM

12. Yeek, God bless you. That made me laugh for a good while.

Posted by: rafi | Aug 14, 2009 11:38:24 AM

13. Sounds like a Hospital I'd feel safe in

Posted by: kb | Aug 14, 2009 11:53:31 AM

14. Wow: public health care plus cushy gay-only jobs - with doctors & nurses no less - would get me over the US a.s.a.p.!

Posted by: PM | Aug 14, 2009 12:18:55 PM

15. As a gay man and a Christian, every time I read more of this wackadoodle crap from these fringe nuts using Jesus's name to promote their hatred/insanity/exclusion/etc. I mumble my embarrassment under my breath and shake my head...which I seem to be doing a lot these days. Can't wait for the day when Jesus returns and slaps these ignoramouses upside their pointy heads. I believe there is a special place in hell for the rapid crazies who use Jesus/God as a weapon to promote hate. These people are both disgusting degenrates and frightened of sexuality in general.

Posted by: Bart | Aug 14, 2009 12:45:43 PM

16. Can we expand the Obama Death Panels to include chaplains, please?

Posted by: Olive Yurdich | Aug 14, 2009 12:54:52 PM

17. OKAY, Which one of you Dizzy Queens TOLD THEM about this take over?

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Aug 14, 2009 1:25:26 PM

18. Ha Ha! To late, we're already here! This way to your locked ward while the death panel considers your fate.

Posted by: ButchSF | Aug 14, 2009 2:01:37 PM

19. This wingnut probably had his sons circumcised. Who's mutilating who?

Posted by: Phil | Aug 14, 2009 2:27:07 PM

20. This is true.

Yup.

Really.

I swear.

Posted by: Derek wahington | Aug 14, 2009 2:54:48 PM

21. The myth about (male) nurses being gay is just that: a myth. I AM a (gay male) nurse, and most of the (male) nurses I have worked with are straight. What's up with that? (Parentheses are because we hate being referred to as "male nurses"; we are just "nurses"!)

Posted by: barabas7 | Aug 15, 2009 12:54:44 PM

22. It looks like the Democrats caved to the Republicans. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111936073

But the White House claims that Kathleen Sebelius "misspoke" when she said it was dead.

Posted by: Wheezy | Aug 17, 2009 12:54:22 AM

23. This dumb fuck don't know there are already homosexual hospital administrators.

And they do a FANTASTICAL JOB!!!

Posted by: Mr Pinky Tuscadero | Aug 17, 2009 6:23:00 AM

24. The politics of fear will always be with us along with those who spew it; this nonsense put out by persons such as Klingenschmitt is but another example of it. It is a sad fact that a large segment of society, especially the religious right, still regards gay men and women (among various minorities) as second-class citizens - or worse. That is the salient point of my recently released biographical novel, Broken Saint. It is based on my forty-year friendship with a gay man, and chronicles his internal and external struggles as he battles for acceptance (of himself and by others). More information on the book is available at www.eloquentbooks.com/BrokenSaint.html.

Mark Zamen, author

Posted by: Mark Zamen | Aug 18, 2009 7:32:26 PM

25. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Margaret