News | Television

Lieutenant Dangle Hanging Up His Short Shorts

Dangle

His ride just got the axe, according to actor Thomas Lennon:

Lennon

Comments

1. Well duh, they lost the best characters and tried to replace them with what appears to be Comedy Central's over all programming strategy - dumb straight jock boy humor and characters. Anybody seen Michael & Michael? 'nough said. Sorry, but you did it to yourselves.

Posted by: Joe Mama | Aug 14, 2009 12:44:24 PM

2. R911 was brilliant in its good moments. But without Clementine Jones, I cannot summon the energy to tune in.

Posted by: LD | Aug 14, 2009 12:56:29 PM

3. That sux. The show was totally outrageous! I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did without some xian bluehair group protesting to get it taken off the air!

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Aug 14, 2009 1:16:46 PM

4. RENO has been on for 6 or 7 years. I figure it was time to take off their badges. They have sort of run out of ploy ideas. I tried to catch every season but comedy central wasnt very consistent in the scheduling. They would show a repeat episode of a previous season at 6:30PM which was a perfect time but then I would have to wait till 10:30PM to catch the new season. Staying awake or staying at home till then was never easy. Maybe CC will show the repeats at 6:30pm again sometime soon.
    Thanks to the crew of RENO for the laughs. BTW what happened to my other CC show "Halfway House"

Posted by: Terry | Aug 14, 2009 1:18:31 PM

5. You can see most of these actors in STARZ "Party Down" or Fox's "Glee". If they aren't regulars they are all making cameos. And while she wasn't part of 911, Jane Lynch is the BEST comedienne of our time!

Posted by: Wayne | Aug 14, 2009 1:24:56 PM

6. I totally agree with LD, w/o Clemie, I cannot watch it. She made the show. Although, a few weeks ago when Rayneesha & Trudie were makind out, I thought I was going to die from laughter. LOL

Posted by: Frankie | Aug 14, 2009 1:37:43 PM

7. best R911 episode -- when a kid did a ride along and one of the officers accidentally dropped a cat they were rescuing off a roof into an air conditioning unit fan that shredded it. So unexpected and horrifyingly funny. Tv history!

Posted by: David B. 2 | Aug 14, 2009 1:39:03 PM

8. Well at least he is 1 up in his stripper outfits - if times get lean.

At least they had a good run!

Posted by: jakeinlove | Aug 14, 2009 1:59:55 PM

9. Reno was brilliant at its peak, but this last season was extremely painful to watch. Not funny at all, bad writing, and most of the best characters were gone.

Posted by: Jon | Aug 14, 2009 2:16:35 PM

10. This frees up more time in the schedule for the genius of Carlos Mencia and frequent Dane Cook specials.

Posted by: paul c | Aug 14, 2009 2:41:41 PM

11. I have a thing for Travis myself, but Dangle is a close second. These guys are hysterical, I wish them luck in future projects.

Posted by: john | Aug 14, 2009 2:51:18 PM

12. Paul C: Droll , very droll. LMFAO.

Posted by: Derek wahington | Aug 14, 2009 2:53:03 PM

13. without clementine it wasn't the same.

Posted by: kerry | Aug 14, 2009 3:21:42 PM

14. Dibs on the Morrissey t-shirt.

Posted by: moosmom | Aug 14, 2009 3:30:56 PM

15. After finding out they had won the lottery (only to later be told it was a misprint)

"You buttbloats are blisters on my taint. And yeah, there's cabernet in this cup!"-Clemmy

"Suck my big black cock" -Trudy

Yeah, last season sucked. I say let it die. It used to be hilarious though. The movie they made was even pretty good.

Posted by: brandon h | Aug 14, 2009 5:51:37 PM

16. Even the last season had its moments, but year, Clemmy was responsible for many of the truly funny lines.

I'll miss it, though I agree the new characters sucked. The episode where one of the new guys and Trudy got stuck in a moving trailer was insipid and endless---and I love Trudy.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 14, 2009 7:16:09 PM

17. At least now you the chances of gaining a cult following are increased. But yeah, after Clemmy left, I started to lose interest.

Posted by: Pekemo | Aug 14, 2009 11:16:01 PM

18. NO NO NO NO NO NO Noooooooo!!!
    I don't watch television as a general rule but do watch collections on DVD of particularly good programming so I have'nt seen the most recent season but had read somewhere that Clemmie was no longer on it (and knew her absence would be sorely felt). But THIS? Cancellation? Yeah, I know- like any good run it's prob time to wrap it up after 6 years but much like Six Feet Under, Designing Women, The Sopranos, Buffy, etc., it's just so hard to say goodbye... Oh well, I'll always have Travis Jr. in tighty whities (in my dreams...)

Posted by: bornready2 | Aug 15, 2009 10:17:07 AM

19. I bought season 2-5 of Reno 911 and think it worth every nickel. Its the only show i found that was truly uncencored on dvd.
    Sadly a show like Arrested Develoment is bleedped even on dvd.

I want to thank Thomas Lennon and all those that brought us this great comedy.

BTW, Now that the show is over (gasp) id love to know whose head should roll for killing off Ofc. Garcia & Clemmy, And ultimatly Reno 911.

Posted by: Londor | Aug 16, 2009 12:12:08 PM

20. Londor, it was my understanding that they left of their own accord, to pursue other opportunities. Lots of TV shows have five-year contracts, and I believe they opted not to renew.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 16, 2009 9:32:59 PM