Deaths | Magazines | News

Michael Jackson's Death Ruled a Homicide

The L.A. County Coroner has ruled Michael Jackson's death a homicide. Jackson died of "lethal levels" of the anesthetic Propofol, the L.A. Times reports:

Mj "Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal doctor, told detectives with the Los Angeles Police Department that he had been treating Jackson for insomnia for about six weeks. He had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol every night using an intravenous line, according to the court records. But Murray told detectives that he feared Jackson was forming an addiction and began trying to wean the pop star off the drugs. He lowered the dosage to 25 milligrams and mixed it with two other sedatives, lorazepam and midazolam. On June 23, two days before Jackson's death, he administered those two medications and withheld the propofol. On the morning Jackson died, Murray tried to induce sleep without using propofol, according to the affidavit. He said he gave Jackson valium at 1:30 a.m. When that didn't work, he said, he injected lorazepam intravenously at 2 a.m. At 3 a.m., when Jackson was still awake, Murray administered midazolam. Over the next few hours, Murray said he gave Jackson various drugs. Then at 10:40 a.m., Murray administered 25 milligrams of propofol after Jackson repeatedly demanded the drug, according to the court records."

Murray released a YouTube video thanking friends for their support last week. Watch it,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'd call it more of an assisted suicide.

Posted by: paul c | Aug 24, 2009 6:07:52 PM

2. Gosh, who would think that giving a patient drug after drug after drug after drug after drug over a few hours would turn out to be a bad idea?

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Aug 24, 2009 6:13:11 PM

3. The doctor was a greedy enabler, but he should not be charged with homicide in any degree.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 24, 2009 6:57:19 PM

4. JESUS CHRIST!!! A fuckin' doctor that keeps giving sedatives and mixing them?

Put the fucker in jail!

Posted by: Bobby | Aug 24, 2009 7:58:32 PM

5. How can anyone say that this asshole should not be charged with homicide? If he is a doctor, he has a legal, moral and ETHICAL responsibility to NOT put his patient in mortal danger! If Michael demanded, he should have refused and LEFT. But his greed outweighed his compassion. Assisted suicide?! Are you kidding me? There's a huge difference between asking someone to kill you and seeking help with insomnia!

Posted by: Q | Aug 24, 2009 9:56:01 PM

6. Assisted suicide? I doubt Mike wanted to die or wanted to leave his kids behind.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 24, 2009 9:59:20 PM

7. Give me a break. Are you f---ing kidding me? Who the f... even CARES? NEXT news story please....I want to know who stole from Lindsey or who Paris is screwing this week. Michael's death is SO old, last month's news.

Posted by: Chad | Aug 24, 2009 10:49:59 PM

8. @ Ms Chad,

That's the same things some folks are saying about your faggot rights :Give me a break. Are you f---ing kidding me? Who the f... even CARES? NEXT news story please.

You dumb cock sucker idiots like you and Paul C give me GAS. Thekind I'd like blow in your faces.....

SICK ASS QUEENS!

Posted by: Mookie Moo Moo | Aug 25, 2009 12:38:50 AM

9. Ask any anesthetist what he or she thinks of that drug/dose combination in a non-hospital setting. Dr. Murray needs to be prosecuted for homicide.

Posted by: James Kantor | Aug 25, 2009 7:16:16 AM

10. It is very sad how someone so talented can get so messed up! I thought that Michael was only mentally tortured by his childhood and had not idea that he was simply stupid! Who, in their right mind, insists for a doctor to continue to administer sedatives one after the other and expect to wake up? I suppose that I am happy to never have achieved that level of fame, not that I have the talent, because apparently you loose your freaking mind and all of your intelligence. What a complete stupid and sad waste of talent!

And as for the doctor, he needs to go to jail! I don't care how much someone "demands" drugs you are a medical professional not a supplier on the street corner feeding junkies. Sad, just plain sad. Michael should have had better sense! I can only hope that others will learn from his stupid mistakes before we see something like this happen again.

Posted by: RB | Aug 25, 2009 9:03:51 AM

11. Let's look at the bigger picture here. Wasn't the dr. on the AEG payroll, to 'get MJ in shape' for that absurdly strenuous tour?? I predict more diabolical details to come out.

Posted by: Ken | Aug 25, 2009 9:11:41 AM

12. RB, Michael Jackson's insomnia was not like average people. He worked/rehearsed constantly for DAYS without sleep (or very little) and then would have a huge crash. We're not talking about "a glass of warm milk" here. He was suffering with a serious sleep deprivation problem which is as tormenting as any other disease. So to blame him for wanting relief from his pain seems a bit hypercritical. Are cancer patients "stupid" too?

Posted by: Q | Aug 25, 2009 9:37:28 AM

13. I suppose if cancer patients chose a course of treatment that was worse than the disease and on a deliberate crash course with death then yes, Q I think stupid would apply.

Look, it is "stupid" to think that anyone, even Michael Jackson, can take drug after drug after drug and believe that they will be the ONE that will not be effected by them.

Are people that get diseases stupid, no. However to take chances with an already bad situation is not healthy nor smart. So the next time Q try not to interpret my posts quite so literally!

Posted by: RB | Aug 25, 2009 10:21:29 AM

14. We have to give the man his due: Michael Jackson was - beyond a shadow of a doubt - a great artist whose recorded legacy will endure for decades, maybe even a century or more. But an examination of his life is riddled with questions of all that might have been; all that should have been. It is more than likely that this was a severely mentally ill human being who never sought the treatment he so desperately needed; surrounded by fawning sycophants who enabled his sickness by constantly reassuring him that he could do no wrong. As John Lennon once said in the same context about Elvis Presley, another victim of the excesses of fame: "It's always the courtiers that kill the king".

The sad, inescapable truth is that for reasons we will probably never be able to fully understand, his talent and his career were ultimately wasted. Like Charlie Parker, Montgomery Clift, Judy Garland and Lenny Bruce before him, his brilliance as an artist would be overshadowed by severe, psychological torment and an unexplainable desire for self-destruction. Therein lies the real, unspeakable tragedy of Michael Jackson.

Tom Degan
    Goshen, NY

Posted by: Tom Degan | Aug 25, 2009 11:21:53 AM

15. Give it a rest lets get on with life well you

Posted by: hinbww | Aug 25, 2009 2:40:44 PM

16. "Mookie Moo Moo"? Who the fuck are you? Go to hell. What kind of retarded name is that?

I stand by my summary. Who cares? He's dead (thankfully). NEXT.

And if you are so homophobic, what are you doing here? MOVE ON.

Posted by: Chad | Aug 25, 2009 3:23:44 PM

17. @RB
    "I thought that Michael was only mentally tortured by his childhood and had not idea that he was simply stupid! Who, in their right mind, insists for a doctor to continue to administer sedatives one after the other and expect to wake up? I suppose that I am happy to never have achieved that level of fame, not that I have the talent, because apparently you loose your freaking mind and all of your intelligence. What a complete stupid and sad waste of talent!"

Excuse me, but what in your comment could not be "interpreted literally?" It's pretty clear what you are saying. And I stand by what I said.

And for the record, we are not talking about "the stupidity of getting a disease"(I don't know where you got that from), we are judging the actions of one who is suffering. A suffering person is not thinking about the consequences of the combination of drugs. All they want is relief. The doctor must make the proper decisions for them. It's true that no one in their "right mind" would take that combination, but what person suffering from debilitating sleep deprivation would be in their "right mind?" Even if the doctor DID tell him about the risks, I doubt that he could focus his exhausted brain on much more than wanting to sleep. So how does that make him stupid?

Posted by: Q | Aug 25, 2009 4:23:33 PM

18. Miss Chad, You cum eater from crazy coose. Bitch you talk like you can fight. Shut your twinkie punk ass up.

DUMB BITCH
    BRING IT IDIOT...YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!

YEAH I SAID IT BITCH...WHAT????

Posted by: Mookie Moo Moo | Aug 26, 2009 5:48:56 AM

19. Mookie Moo Moo.....no you're the idiot...
    and what are you gonna do about it?
    SHOUT or CURSE? Get a life

Your name speaks volumes about you.....you're the true dumbass...Yeah, you're just pissy cause your precious Michael is dead...get over it. I'm GLAD he's dead. HE WAS A CHILD MOLESTER AND IS BURNING IN HELL.....

Posted by: Chad | Aug 26, 2009 10:58:53 PM

20. Just like your STUPID MOTHER BITCH ASS PUNK! May her fundamentalist ass burn in hell right along with you with a diseased cock in your mouth and ass dumb BITCH!

Posted by: Mookie Moo Moo | Aug 27, 2009 1:05:10 AM

21. That's why you dumb ass will never get married BITCH!!!!!

HAHAH

Posted by: Mookie Moo Moo | Aug 27, 2009 1:06:08 AM

22. Wow, there really are some sad son's of bitches on this site. GO MJ!!! Rest in peace. Dont worry, the people with brains no you were innocent!! :)

Posted by: MJ is the GOD of Pop | Aug 31, 2009 9:14:27 AM

23. Clip of never heard Michael Jackson's song has leaked! This is a real exclusive! No one has it yet. Click on my name to download it.

Posted by: Michael Jackson | Jun 19, 2010 9:00:11 PM

24. YOU ARE ALL SO RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: uccelatore gina | Feb 1, 2011 5:17:16 AM