Barack Obama | Barney Frank | News | Steven Anderson

BigGayDeal.com

Obama-Hating Pastor: Every Homosexual is a Deviant, Evil Predator

On his radio show, Alan Colmes hosted Pastor Steven Anderson, who recently gave a sermon at Faithful Word Baptist Church in which he said, "When I go to bed at night Steven L. Anderson will pray for Barack Obama to die and go to hell."

Anderson Colmes asked the pastor about his views on gays, in particular a ranting sermon in which he attacks Congressman Barney Frank, confusing him with the late Congressman Gerry Studds.

Says Anderson: "I believe that every homosexual in the world is a deviant, is evil, and is a predator that is out to recruit others through molestation, through rape. It's in the news...I would keep my kids away from them. They're deviants. They're not normal. I am saying that [Barney Frank]'s perverted, and he's sick, and I would put him in the category of other homosexuals. Do I think that homosexuality should be against the law? Well, it's against God's law."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Anderson then goes on to quote Leviticus. He was challenged by a caller later in the show, according to the Phoenix New Times: "It really got rockin' towards the end when a gay fella called up and asked the pastor about the part in Leviticus that says you can kill your children if they "curse" you. Anderson had to admit this was true, and he seemed to sign on to this bit of dark, religious insanity as well. Ditto on the whole stoning adulterers thing, BTW. Though he thinks the government should do the stoning. You know, like they used to in Afghanistan n'stuff."

In related news, an armed protestor at a Phoenix Obama town hall event has been confirmed to be a parishioner of Anderson's. How long before one of these violence worshipers picks up his gun and uses it?

Listen to Anderson's interview and an interview with the gun-toting Baptist, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He looks like Matthew Fox's geeky, ignorant brother.

Posted by: AndyWarholsWig | Aug 27, 2009 12:18:58 PM

2. What educated, free-thinking person can buy into this gentleman and his dogma? Next topic, please.

Posted by: dan | Aug 27, 2009 12:19:38 PM

3. ok shoot me. i think he's so cute! :) will totally bang him.

Posted by: ras | Aug 27, 2009 12:26:45 PM

4. it's gotten to the point where tolerance should be the inappropriate method of approaching these people. they're completely intolerable, and this way of thinking has no place in a thoughtful, humane society...and he should be met in terms of his own vernacular, which is vulgar, violent, and not worthy of seeing the light of day. there is no other way of communicating with these people. they're disgusting, and their point of view has no constructive place in the market place of ideas, which is the point of having a democracy in the first place...democracy can't work if this is one of the points of view contributing to it.

Posted by: ian | Aug 27, 2009 12:27:24 PM

5. The problem, Dan, is that people can vote even if they aren't educated or free-thinking.

Posted by: Blurgle | Aug 27, 2009 12:29:20 PM

6. this guy totally has gay-face. He's self loathing. I pity him more than anything.

Posted by: Ben K | Aug 27, 2009 12:38:22 PM

7. His YouTube channel is a scream:

This is my favorite:
    "Baptist pastor beaten + tazed by Border patrol - 11 stitches"

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Aug 27, 2009 12:42:15 PM

8. and to hear him scream:

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Aug 27, 2009 12:45:06 PM

9. Ian is right. There is no point in trying to be reasonable or accomodating with people like this. They need to be dealt with on a "fight fire with fire" basis.

Posted by: jerry | Aug 27, 2009 12:47:30 PM

10. Pity this man as he uses religion to suppress his desire to kneel, stick his ass in the air, spread his cheeks and take it doggy style. I mean, look at that picture.

Posted by: MikeMick | Aug 27, 2009 12:49:52 PM

11. I'm sure those chronic man-rape thoughts really lead to some passionate sermons - just ask Ted Haggard.

Posted by: Kipp | Aug 27, 2009 12:51:39 PM

12. Anti-gay rant + gay-face = GAY. What was it that John Stewart said about the anti-gay buffet??

I wonder how long he'll be caught in bed with a bottle of poppers pressed to his nose.

Posted by: J.P. | Aug 27, 2009 12:51:43 PM

13. Gays are going to HAVE to learn more about self-defense, because these whackos will be targeting us and our organizations as we gain more and more rights.

So perhaps one day burning down his church will be seen as self-defense instead of an "act of hate"; we've shed enough blood already.

Posted by: John Bisceglia | Aug 27, 2009 1:02:01 PM

14. He's cute, I'd bang his brains out.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 27, 2009 1:02:14 PM

15. As we would put it down south.. "he's a bit touched in the head./.."

Yup, him and Ted, BFFs totally.. They should hook up.

Posted by: Darren | Aug 27, 2009 1:03:55 PM

16. Goodness, I feel so wicked. Glad he could tell me how I really am. pfft.

Posted by: Nathan | Aug 27, 2009 1:05:12 PM

17. She's not a well woman.

Posted by: jeffg166 | Aug 27, 2009 1:05:48 PM

18. The Bible is Satan's screed. The fact is that the Bible itself promotes evil... according to the Bible's words, the most evil men in the history of mankind are "God's" most beloved. LEt's face it... Solomon had 700 wives and 300 whores/concubines... God LOVED Solomon... God loved Jacob, the deceitful, lying sack of you-know-what... he lied to his father, connived with his moved, stole from his brother. Again, Jacob was much beloved by the Biblical "God". It goes on and on. I wouldn't want any of God's "most beloved" living in my neighborhood. They are universally evil. I think that Satan has tricked people into thinking that the Bible is God's word when it is obviously an evil book with an evil man's agenda.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Aug 27, 2009 1:10:55 PM

19. Check out www.andyfire.com

This is the icing on the cake.

Our hell, fire and brimstone preacher sells....

wait for it...

wait for it...

fire and smoke detectors.

Genius.

Posted by: David Craig | Aug 27, 2009 1:13:58 PM

20. Yep, girlfriend just needs some cock and she'll be fine. It ain't gonna be mine, though.

Posted by: Glenn | Aug 27, 2009 1:14:37 PM

21. Wow, this one's crazier than most. He doesn't even care if he sounds insane. Most of them go to more effort to fabricate "data" or sound "reasonable". This one just goes balls-out crazy.

Posted by: Donovan | Aug 27, 2009 1:27:26 PM

22. I listen to this guy and I hear a guy who cannot accept his sexual self. He also misstates Leviticus. I wonder which Bible he reads? If this guy says he has known gay people, it makes me wonder if he has "known" gay people. When Mr. Colmes asks the "preacher" if he has ever had a "gay experience", the preacher's response was less than convincing, regardless of his vitriol. Anderson has so little understanding of the Bible that is is beyond pathetic or embarrassing. It is pathological.

Posted by: mike | Aug 27, 2009 1:27:58 PM

23. She crazy.

Posted by: David D. | Aug 27, 2009 1:28:56 PM

24. "Do you believe that every gay person in the world is a predator?" asked Colmes.

"That's what I believe," replied Anderson. "And every gay person that I've ever known personally has been a predator."
    --------------
    I didn't think so-called preachers are suppose to be liars. There is absolutely no way that this hatemonger has known a single gay person. None.

...and for those that say that this guy is hot, get professional help. He'd like to see you dead, and you want to jump his bones. Sick.

Posted by: David in Houston | Aug 27, 2009 1:32:13 PM

25. Things we know about Steven Anderson:

- Leviticus allows you to stone your children

- Homosexuality is the only concern of the bible

- Keep your kids away from homosexuals but stone them if they curse at you

- Most homophobes look like pedophiles

- Most pedophiles seem concerned with predators that may go after their children

- Steve Anderson is a self-loathing child molester