I'm Gay | News | Television

Seth MacFarlane on Family Guy's Baby Stewie: Yep, He's Gay

Stewie

Says Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane to Playboy:

"We had an episode that went all the way to the script phase in which Stewie does come out. It had to do with the harassment he took from other kids at school. He ends up going back in time to prevent a passage in Leviticus from being written: ‘Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is an abomination.’ But we decided it’s better to keep it vague, which makes more sense because he’s a 1-year-old. Ultimately, Stewie will be gay or a very unhappy repressed heterosexual. It also explains why he’s so hellbent on killing [his mother, Lois] and taking over the world: He has a lot of aggression, which comes from confusion and uncertainty about his orientation."

Previously...
Family Guy Explores the 'Gay Gene' [tr]

Comments

1. But gay boys love their mothers!

Posted by: Alex | Aug 13, 2009 8:56:17 AM

2. I think Seth is throwing a bone to the gay community to make up for that comedy abortion 'Family Gay' episode. Of course Stewie has hinted that he's gay. But he's also had numerous crushes on girls throughout the series. So if anything, he's probably bi.

Posted by: David in Houston | Aug 13, 2009 9:00:12 AM

3. LEAVE STEWIE ALONE!

He's a baby, he's fabulous, and he's the funniest character on Family Guy!

Posted by: JTlvr | Aug 13, 2009 10:01:33 AM

4. This is news?

Posted by: Ferin | Aug 13, 2009 10:44:24 AM

5. I wish Seth McFarlane was gay. He is very attractive to me.

Posted by: Brent | Aug 13, 2009 11:48:23 AM

6. Of course he´s gay! but one with issues. Actually, one time I watched an episode where he went to the future, and meet him as an adult, there were sooo many hints about him being gay.
    I love Stewie, he´s mean and evil in funny way.

Posted by: Carlos | Aug 13, 2009 11:48:30 AM

7. i would like to see an episode of Stewie going back in time and preventing the likes of Jerry Falwell, Robertson, and Dobson from ever being born.

Posted by: KFLO | Aug 13, 2009 12:31:42 PM

8. On this story from Videogum.com:

"UGH. Yeah, that EXPLAINS why he's so hellbent on killing his mother and taking over the world. TOTALLY. Just like this gun explains why my brains are all over the place. Woof. This guy is just unbelievable. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a classic gem that you should polish and put in a museum of THE WORST GEMS. And the worst part about this whole thing is that since they canceled the episode in which Stewie "comes out," the only thing that actually makes him gay is Seth MacFarlane alone in the recording booth thinking "this is a gay person's voice." Hmmm, that might not actually be the worst part. The worst part might still be the sentence "it also explains why he's so hellbent on killing his mother and taking over the world." IT'S A TIE!"

Posted by: Archo | Aug 13, 2009 1:39:37 PM

9. Jeezus Archo.. Chill!!

Posted by: Realitythink | Aug 13, 2009 1:53:02 PM

10. Uh, Archo, I've got some leftover meds from when I was in the ER. Want 'em?

Posted by: Derek Washington | Aug 13, 2009 2:32:39 PM

11. People, I think Archo was quoting a post he found.

Btw, I love Stewie. He's so gay to me my gaydar explodes and then implodes. Love him.

Posted by: EM | Aug 13, 2009 3:12:25 PM

12. It's always been obvious he's gay, Stewie has even said it himself on the show. The show itself is great as well.

Posted by: Michael | Aug 13, 2009 5:02:08 PM

13. Brian: "Are you gay?"
    Stewie: "Probably."

I love that in one of the episodes.

Posted by: what | Aug 13, 2009 6:11:45 PM

14. I agree, this is hardly news. The quotation could be better worded, but I hardly think there can be a doubt on whether Seth is gay friendly.

Then again, I thought the "Family Gay" episode was funny, so I must hate myself.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 13, 2009 6:25:33 PM

15. Just watch Seth's appearance on Real Time w/ Bill Maher and you'll realize how cool this guy is...and too damn cute.

Posted by: RDUB | Aug 14, 2009 3:37:49 AM