News

365 Days of Working Out

365days

Dude goes from flab to fab in 37 seconds, yet he just doesn't seem any happier,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It's the same person, but I find myself attracted to the guy he is now ... and repelled by the guy he was then.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 12, 2009 11:06:47 PM

2. Thank you for freaking me out and discouraging me from working out. Seriously.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 13, 2009 12:06:29 AM

3. thats right... he doesnt look any happier.. thats why i am a loving happy chubby

Posted by: frank | Sep 13, 2009 12:36:03 AM

4. I think its funny that he wore his blue M&M boxers like every other day toward the beginning, and they become increasingly rare as the video goes on. Nice.

Posted by: m&ms | Sep 13, 2009 1:37:18 AM

5. "It's the same person, but I find myself attracted to the guy he is now ... and repelled by the guy he was then."

Ick, total opposite for me. He's shlumpy at first, but about halfway through the year he's already an odd-looking caricature.

Posted by: Billy | Sep 13, 2009 3:04:33 AM

6. The dude is John Stone and runs an amazing website where he documents his daily life, workout, food etc. Very nice chap.

Posted by: Henry | Sep 13, 2009 4:03:30 AM

7. There's a gigantic transformation between :08-:12. I have a hard time believing that change happened over a month or so. It's not just the bad fake tan, look how much his stomach changes over 15 pictures.

Posted by: Aaron | Sep 13, 2009 4:32:45 AM

8. Hmm, my last post didn't show up. This video is doing the rounds again (it's pretty old), but without attribution. The dude is John Stone, and you can follow him over at http://www.johnstonefitness.com where he runs a "blog" that catalogues his daily workout, food, and life. Very interesting, very useful, and he is a genuine guy.

Posted by: Henry | Sep 13, 2009 5:02:04 AM

9. @aaron He's cutting - carb depleting pretty aggressively during that part of the video. The tan pretty much helps to show it off, and like any advert for the latest supplements, he's flexing everything he can. The guy does cardio every day, and weights 3 times a week. You can work wonders if you try hard enough (and no, I haven't tried hard enough myself).

Posted by: Henry | Sep 13, 2009 7:55:20 AM

10. His boxers are waaay too baggy. I prefer tighter Calvins.
    So is it John Stone in the video? And if so, did he do this over the course of a year or a few months? To be honest, it looks a bit doctored, but his website seems very honest.

Posted by: Charles | Sep 13, 2009 8:02:39 AM

11. funny how the chest hair mysteriously disappeared. lol

Posted by: Kerry | Sep 13, 2009 8:04:46 AM

12. This is a test post. My last post didn't show up either.

Posted by: Charles | Sep 13, 2009 8:04:50 AM

13. Didja also notice that he got tanner and tanner as he lost the pudge?

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Sep 13, 2009 8:41:38 AM

14. I wouldn't be happy either if I couldn't fit into my Smurf underwear anymore.

Posted by: Name: | Sep 13, 2009 9:05:59 AM

15. Dude looks way better to begin with. Why you ask? Because he looks like if you went out for a dinner he wouldn't order the salad and then have to leave at 9 to get enough sleep before his 6AM workout. Life is for living. Don't buy into the body image bullshit.

Posted by: James | Sep 13, 2009 9:49:48 AM

16. Strange how he peaked (in a way) about 1/2 way through the video.

Maybe there's hope for me in achieving the same results in 1/2 the time!!

Posted by: S. | Sep 13, 2009 9:51:17 AM

17. Yes! I preferred him just under half way though, as well. It seems that some people get addicted to the lifestyle/workout and fall in love with their self image (under the guise of "healthy living"). Some of the "food" these people eat is as scary as the stuff they gave up. But hey, whatever makes you happy. I just don't think that his "After" image is any kind an ideal goal.

Posted by: Charles | Sep 13, 2009 10:52:31 AM

18. why does everyone think shaving off their hair and getting a tan makes them look better.

bleh.

Posted by: Nathan | Sep 13, 2009 12:42:21 PM

19. I think he looks best at :06, blue trunks. A very natural looking body, like someone who cares about his health, but doesn't obsess about his body. Keep the tan, smooth muscled look, and give me natural, huggable and happy.

Posted by: Rich | Sep 13, 2009 12:44:44 PM

20. I would love to be him at :08-:10 which is my "perfect." toned, not ripped

Btw. I'm a chubby and not happy. Honestly it is hard to be 21 and chubby.

Posted by: Steven | Sep 14, 2009 3:53:08 AM

21. Steven --- find a nice man (and there are lots) who will like you for the way you are --- and take lots of walks.

You are young --- that itself is a huge thing --- just ignore the young shallow fools and stop lusting after THEM and find a nice man.

Posted by: walter | Sep 14, 2009 9:35:17 AM

22. The theme here is: when you set goals for yourself, you can achieve them.

Posted by: Vince | Sep 14, 2009 2:11:37 PM