"Ex-Gays" | AIDS/HIV | Alaska | Atlanta | Calgary | Canada | Chris Brown | Cleve Jones | Cleveland | Crime | Deaths | Gay Games | Great Britain | India | Kellan Lutz | Matt Damon | News | Provincetown | Scotland

BigGayDeal.com

News: India, Mary Travers, Provincetown, Kellan Lutz, Outfest

RoadUniversity of Alaska Fairbanks hosting "ex-gay" evangelist Ernie Delgado: "His visit is being promoted by Campus Bible Ministries as an example of someone who escaped a gay lifestyle, and how others can do the same. Some students and faculty are offended by the visit. A few students silently protested outside 1 of this week's lectures."

Masked RoadWho is that masked man?

RoadIndian government defers taking stand on High Court decriminalization of gay sex ruling.

RoadOutfest to honor Alan Poul and Clear Channel.

RoadGay ministry candidate in Scotland pulls out for fear of splitting church: "Dmitri Ross, who was put forward as a candidate for the ministry by the Presbytery of Hamilton, said he believed his withdrawal was in the best interests of the Church. If ordained, he would have been the first Church of Scotland minister in a civil partnership to be approved since a two-year moratorium on gay appointments was agreed at the General Assembly in May."

RoadMary Travers of Peter, Paul, and Mary dies at 72.

RoadCoach store manager accused of gay harassment over Hershey Kiss puns.

Swimforlife Road363 swimmers Swim for Life in Provincetown AIDS fundraiser.

RoadExecutive Director of Equality Federation Toni Broaddus criticizes Cleve Jones over his remarks that a state-by-state strategy for the gay rights movement is a "failed" strategy: "So let me make a very public request of you, Cleve. Could you please stop saying that the state strategy is a failed strategy? Instead, could you acknowledge that we have achieved key victories for equality in the states? I understand that you believe the time has come for a federal strategy, and I'm not challenging that opinion here or suggesting that you modify your views. I am, however, asking that you get your facts straight."

RoadTaunton, UK man assaulted in homophobic attack.

RoadGLBT Atlanta's gentle reminder: Atlanta Eagle still open.

Road$100,000 more pledged for Cleveland, Ohio's Gay Games bid.

Lutz RoadTwilight's Kellan Lutz checks himself out at a gym in Vancouver.

RoadMatt Damon on gaining 30 pounds for The Informant: “You know, I liked parading around the house with my belly hanging out. I would do like kind of the sexy walk, but I clearly shouldn’t have been doing that type of thing."

RoadVIDEO: Chris Brown begins community service for beating Rihanna.

RoadCalgary, Canada judge rules letter to the editor calling gays "immoral" is free speech: "In 2002, Reverend Stephen Boissoin sent a letter to the Red Deer Advocate which claimed that 'homosexual rights activists and those who defend them are just as immoral as pedophiles, drug dealers, and pimps who plague our communities.'"

Comments

1. "Mary Travers of Peter, Paul, and Mary dies at 72."

I thought she died 20 years ago choking on a ham sandwich.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 17, 2009 3:28:29 PM

2. the vile nature of crispy and his attempts of humor never fail to disgust me --- there enjoy the reaction

ss for the hate speech - it is best that we just retort that the truth is that Straight Supremist just like White Supremist are just as immoral as pedophiles, drug dealers, and pimps who plague our communities.

if they are not allowed to share their hate - we will not know who are enemies are --- and each and everyone of us will be hated to the day we die --- get used to it and carry on

Posted by: willie | Sep 17, 2009 3:46:29 PM

3. It that Kellan or Taylor at the gym? He more resembles Taylor Lautner to me (the face, and the darkness of the skin, but that could just be the tint of the window or something).

Posted by: Chris | Sep 17, 2009 4:01:15 PM

4. I actually thought that Kellan Lutz looked more like Matt Damon (whose story subsequently followed, playing the trick on my mind) than Taylor Lautner. I was like...Dang! Go Matt! lol

Posted by: Brooks | Sep 17, 2009 4:59:51 PM

5. I hate living in Calgary. :(
    Im the least surprised to hear that bigotry is tolerated as "free speech" here.

My few gay friends and I agree that being gay in Calgary feels like suffocating.

Posted by: Mark J | Sep 17, 2009 5:08:22 PM

6. Ahh, Bill. You're breaking my heart.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 17, 2009 5:48:20 PM

7. Is it me or is Pete Wentz a little less annoying in that mask?

Posted by: ChristopherM | Sep 17, 2009 6:15:06 PM

8. I'd like to know in what way Clear Channel benefits the GLBT community in Los Angeles? Clear Channel and the family that owns the majority of stock in the company was a major supporter of George W. Bush. Yes, yes...I know...they give money to Frameline and apparently to Outfest. But I'd say the support for Bush alone pretty much erases any other 'support' they may have given. But maybe I'm wrong. I'd love it if someone could prove that I am indeed mistaken on this issue.

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 17, 2009 7:49:18 PM

9. Yes, Crispy, we can see she got pretty chubby in her later years.///But seriously, I was sorry to hear about Mary Travers. Her voice was so perfect for those types of songs. Seemed like a really nice person too.

Posted by: JT | Sep 17, 2009 11:45:18 PM

10. Toni Broaddus, you're an asshole and Cleve Jones is right! Tell me, dear Toni, of the great ELECTORAL victories you've achieved for LGBT rights? It's all been through the courts, which feeds the right-wing's propaganda about "activist judges" and are fragile victories subject to the ire and anger of aroused rightists who can get out the vote and make their case against us better than we can makes our case FOR us. Toni dear, get me some electoral victories, some rescinding of state constitutional amendments banning marriage equality, or state-wide amendments for civil equality for the LGBT community. Otherwise, Toni dear, get down from your fund-raising, celebrity-infused, head-up-your-ass ivory tower and get a taste of real life and the real problems that LGBT people face every day. We're not ALL college grads or pulling six-figures or going to all the circuit parties. Some of us have HARD live which are made all that much more difficult because we don't have civil equality. Again, Toni Broaddus, you are an asshole. STFU!

Posted by: mike | Sep 18, 2009 2:34:37 PM