Hedi Slimane | Magazines | News | Robert Pattinson

BigGayDeal.com

Hedi Slimane Shoots Robert Pattinson for AnOther Man

Pattinson1

Twilight's Robert Pattinson covers the new issue of AnOther Man Magazine, in a photo shoot by Hedi Slimane, styled by Nicola Formichetti.

Says Pattinson of the Twilight phenomenon: “It’s strange because even though the figures show that the books were successful and sold millions of copies, you couldn’t even buy them in London. I tried a couple of bookshops and they weren’t available. Hardly anyone I knew had read them apart from one girl, a friend of my sister. I had no idea at all. I’d seen Kristen Stewart in Into the Wild and some of the director Catherine Hardwicke’s other films, and that’s all I thought it was, something really small.”

One more shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Pattinson2

Pattinson3

(source)

Comments

1. That first shot is dreamy. He's most handsome in the third.

Posted by: sparks | Sep 28, 2009 8:09:06 AM

2. he is way too over-rated. i dont get the fascination with him at all. ICK

Posted by: james | Sep 28, 2009 8:40:09 AM

3. Sure he's a nice guy. Just sick of seeing him everywhere.

Posted by: Mario | Sep 28, 2009 9:07:40 AM

4. For the life of me I don't know why anyone who doesn't find RP attractive would spend time to open this post (where they're going to see at least one more photo) and type out a comment.

If ya don't like him, kindly scroll past the post and get on with your day.

Posted by: sparks | Sep 28, 2009 9:25:20 AM

5. He's a good actor-wish he would take a bath!

Posted by: robert | Sep 28, 2009 9:50:46 AM

6. I don't understand why space is being wasted on this guy. He's not that pretty, he has the charisma of a wet dishrag and he can't act. But then, I also wondered why Towleroad's wasting space on Tom Delay for being on DWTS. No answer, yet.

But that's why I'm on this board -- still asking the question "Why?" in regards to something that I find superficial and unnecessarily distracting from what's important.

Posted by: Kyle Sullivan | Sep 28, 2009 10:10:55 AM

7. @Sparks

There is a very simple reason, these days were are inundated with cross media marketing campaigns being told by marketers who is "hot", has good music, ect. It's carefully orchestrated my major media conglomerates to push their products on us, in this case, Robert Pattinson is just another product that they are selling us. It's really no different that being told Tide gets our whites whitest, or that Dr. Pepper has the best tasting diet soda.

Eventually, we kind of all acquiesce to the image they are selling out of fear of being the one that doesn't "get it". It's a natural reaction when many different forms of media are relentlessly pushing what basically amounts to a product on us from all sides to want to react back.

Posted by: John M | Sep 28, 2009 10:13:48 AM

8. I'll most likely be in the minority, but he is not that attractive and for sure not even close to, "hot".

Posted by: david in iowa | Sep 28, 2009 10:37:47 AM

9. He's not bad looking.. but I agree with the poster above... why do they always make him look dirty and greasy in these photo spreads?

The shirt even appears to have a stain..

Posted by: Nathan | Sep 28, 2009 12:00:14 PM

10. John M.--- spot on.

as for why does he look "dirty"? they're clearly positioning this product as the new James Dean. expect cigarette burns to come

Posted by: christopher | Sep 28, 2009 12:28:57 PM

11. Rob is the HOTTEST MAN on the planet!!!! Thank you for the article!!! FANTASTIC!!

Posted by: Crystal | Sep 28, 2009 1:12:47 PM

12. Lighten up, Kyle. Issues AND candy are both important. If you can't take a break for a 20 sec. perusal of candy, then you're doing yourself and the world a disservice. Studies have shown that all work, and no downtime, makes a less successful and productive worker than a day of both. If a blog isn't any fun at all, I'm not visiting.

Screen "idol", definitely, because he's sure a poor substitute for a real screen god.

Posted by: clint | Sep 28, 2009 1:24:21 PM

13. Why is Hedi Slimane considered a good photographer? I think these pictures are boring and totally uninspired, as are most of the Slimane photos I've seen since the beginning of that career for him—is it just about the styling? That's boring too. I assume from the general comments that perhaps Mr Pattison deserves better…

Posted by: don't understand | Sep 28, 2009 2:57:50 PM

14. Christ, that is the worst typography I've ever seen. Seriously retarded and ugly- they may think it's avant-garde but it's just unreadable and awful.

Posted by: Nelly | Sep 28, 2009 7:08:00 PM

15. @JOHN M

"Secondly, this is a blog driven by it's readers, without commenting our opinions, how is Andy supposed to know what we want to see more or less of."
    ----------

It's a blog founded by, managed by, and mostly created by, Andy Towle -- whose name happens to be up there at the top of the page. His posts, first and foremost, reflect (and *should* reflect) his own interests. While he might share a bit more of what he thinks would interest his readers, he has NO REASON to stop posting stuff he likes just because some readers don't appreciate it. He's been around long enough to realize that gays (i.e. most of his readers) come in all flavors and tastes. However, it's pretty obvious that the majority of those who visit TR regularly enjoy the content he selects.

See also: Andy's nature/animal posts, science and space posts, and fair variety of eye candy. Not every post is for everybody. And not every post requires a majority approval.

Posted by: sparks | Sep 28, 2009 8:12:09 PM

16. obviously, Hedi Slimane is the best photographer of his generation. Just like anything else. Classic, is the most difficult thing to do, and do right. No gimmicks, no cheese, no bs.
    R Patz can look a bit average, and looks like a classic movie start in those pics.

Posted by: patrick t | Oct 10, 2009 5:30:57 AM