Barney Frank | Bill O'Reilly | Eric Cantor | Karl Rove | News | Rachel Maddow | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #534: Right-Wing Health Care Reactions

FOX NEWS: The drunk teabagger reactions.

BARNEY FRANK: Talks to Rachel Maddow about the speech and right-wing attacks.

BILL O'REILLY: O'Reilly and Karl Rove attack the President.

SEAN HANNITY: He and Rep. Eric Cantor are very upset.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Rachel's entire show was awesome last night. I could watch her and Barney Frank banter back and forth for hours.

Posted by: Jersey | Sep 10, 2009 8:45:34 AM

2. I love me some Barney Frank, but I don't think he's helping things right there. Republicans are going to jump all over him and say he's anti-democracy for saying they should have no say since they are the minority. That made me cringe because it just opens the door for more Republican antics.

Posted by: MT | Sep 10, 2009 9:03:33 AM

3. What a pathetic little thug Hannity is. He looks like some corner boy stuffed into a suit for an hour ! His rants are increasingly deranged......just like his racist tea baggers.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 10, 2009 9:37:52 AM

4. Were you convinced by the president's speech?
    Teabagger: No!
    Do you have health insurance?
    Why don't you support the president's plan?
    Ummmm . . . No!
    Are you having a good time here?

Wow, that was illuminating. And Sean Hannity's head is just going to burst one of these nights.

Posted by: Ernie | Sep 10, 2009 9:56:25 AM

5. I listened to the Presidents address and was pleased. After it was over, I turned off the television. I did not vote for any minority voice, nor do I care to hear what they want to spout, nor do I care to hear what any pundit of any political side has to say.

I refuse to give these people any more of my thought or traction to advance.

Mr. President, please proceed.

Posted by: Rad | Sep 10, 2009 10:08:10 AM

6. Do these teabaggers have jobs? I'm not sure how or why they take the time and what their actual goal is.

Posted by: SFScottie | Sep 10, 2009 11:06:44 AM

7. I did listen to the Republican response and they had one good point in the speech. They suggest letting health insurance companies sell their services across state lines to increase competition nationwide. Shockingly, I thought that was a very reasonable and common sense suggestion. Does anyone know the story behind why insurance companies can't sell across state lines? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Posted by: MT | Sep 10, 2009 11:08:56 AM

8. Johnstown, PA is the clearest example they could have found about what is so fucked up about the anti-Obama crowd. I used to live near that shit hole and can say without any hesitation whatsoever that it is a poorly educated, low-income, blue-collar backwoods podunk town along with 85% of Western PA. My mother; my flesh and blood and my best friend, died there because of a lack of affordable health care. Four words; coal mines, steel mills. 'nuff said.

Posted by: Disgusted With The Lies! | Sep 10, 2009 11:17:18 AM

9. Rachel and Barney are so cute together .. two political geeks whose combined knowledge probably exceeds the entire right-wing congressional caucus.

Posted by: sparks | Sep 10, 2009 5:36:56 PM

10. When has Obama violated the Constitution? Bush ran over everyone's rights for years, but no one complained. White makes right. Supporters at a tea party event? Being interviewed by Faux News IF they supported the President? Snow balls chance of that happening.

Posted by: 2nd Class Citizen | Sep 10, 2009 6:25:46 PM

11. The proposal to allow insurance companies sell their services across state lines appears to say that the companies have to follow the laws of the state they're headquartered in rather than the states they trade in. So all the insurance companies move to the state with the laxest consumer protections.

Posted by: Dean | Sep 11, 2009 2:51:45 AM