John Mayer | Kiss | News | Palm Springs

BigGayDeal.com

Palm Springs Club Cheers as John Mayer Seems to Enjoy Gay Kiss

Bisexual notes from the desert:

Mayer "Notorious womanizer John took a step over to the other side on Saturday when he stopped by Toucan’s Tiki Lounge, a popular gay club in Palm Springs. And according to an eyewitness there was more than just drinking and dancing going on – John even made out with a guy! John was having a great time at the club, going wild to The Black Eyed Peas 'I Gotta Feeling' - being the center of attention as he downed beer and toasted his fellow revelers, men and girls alike. But the jaw dropper was when, according to an eyewitness, a fellow male patron approached John and planted a big kiss right on his lips – and John seemed to enjoy it! The eyewitness says that that was when the whole place erupted and cheered."

Comments

1. next...

Posted by: nudel | Oct 15, 2009 8:17:38 AM

2. I always thought he was gay to begin with. I remember an old interview where he stated clearly that "your body is a wonderland" was written for his boyfriend. Then he started "dating" Anniston and everyone went a little crazy. This guy is clearly playing for our team but never got the attention of the press until he started slutting around with the ladies. I don't care if he is or isn't gay, he can still play the guitar, but pick a side already!

Posted by: Wayne | Oct 15, 2009 9:33:28 AM

3. What is the fascination with "straight" men doing gay things...it is lame and completely distracting from the real gays doing something.

Posted by: thetruth | Oct 15, 2009 9:34:01 AM

4. Why does he have to 'pick a side'?! Its his business and up to him whether he's with males or females or both. I cant stand rigidity from either side of the fence; its not OUR business.

Posted by: princely54 | Oct 15, 2009 9:35:43 AM

5. Toucan's is fun, John is free to kiss whoever he wants, no picking sides allowed !!!

Posted by: ty | Oct 15, 2009 10:56:13 AM

6. Uh, WAYNE, it's called BISEXUALITY and it's fine by me.

Posted by: nikko | Oct 15, 2009 11:01:31 AM

7. Wayne,

Why do you need to slap a gay label on him? He's just a straight artist goofing off. Let him label himself.

Posted by: Mario | Oct 15, 2009 11:42:17 AM

8. First of all, he is not "straight," he is heterosexual. Calling them "straight" implies that heterosexuality is normal and homosexuality isn't. It is homophobic.

Second, I guess Jennifer Aniston must have ruined women for him.

Posted by: Attmay | Oct 15, 2009 12:07:06 PM

9. @Attmay: STFU... calling someone straight isn't homophobic. That's absurd. I hate the PC police, but this one goes farther than I've even thought it could. Sure, the word normal when discussing straight people would be homophobic, but straight? I don't see how straight, in any meaning, elevates heteros above homos.

Posted by: Jon B | Oct 15, 2009 12:29:56 PM

10. I don't think he should have to pick a side, Wayne, but I thought a lot of people knew he messed around with guys.

That's been word on the street in L.A. for quite some time.

This isn't the first time he has been seen making out with guys in bars, BTW.

Posted by: Marcus | Oct 15, 2009 12:40:52 PM

11. A one-beer queer?

Posted by: anon | Oct 15, 2009 1:35:15 PM

12. I have hetero friends who go to gay bars with me and will even flirt with guys...but they never kiss other boys! Well except for me...

Posted by: david | Oct 15, 2009 6:26:38 PM

13. John Mayer is a little hottie imo. As long as he STFU. He can sing, other-wise remain mute. He talks too much.

Posted by: John in Boston | Oct 16, 2009 12:51:12 AM

14. Anon, you silly ho, there's no such thing as a one-beer queer. That's just gay. There's a six-beer queer, unless he's a lightweight, in which case (no pun intended), he's a 3-beer queer, and I'm not referring to John Mayer.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 16, 2009 9:12:29 AM

15. So neat! I'm going to play 'anonymous witness' now:

"John Mayer rode three gay men right into the bathroom and disappeared. He quickly emerged with an unidentified newborn baby and sparklers just minutes later-allegedly!"

That media site should totally run this story now judging by their standards.

Posted by: Drew | Oct 16, 2009 11:45:31 PM

16. Why are people railing against the term "gay kiss"? Since when is there such as thing as a "bisexual kiss" unless it involves three people of both sexes?!

Posted by: Philip Wester | Oct 17, 2009 8:34:57 AM

17. John simply is what he is. Leave him alone. I'm sure he enjoyed the kiss, but it surely wasn't his first..and it won't be his last. Just why do you think he was in that gay bar to begin with? He wanted the attention. Attention he got. What the reports never seem to mention is the identity of the guy who John was seen with later.

Posted by: Laurens | Oct 18, 2009 5:04:28 PM