Comments

1. Carmen says

We do not consider fundamentalist behavior to be merely an alternate lifestyle or spiritual ‘preference'; it is an unhealthy practice and destructive to individuals, families and society. Our compassion for those plagued by fundamentalist religiosity compels us to support the healing of those who wish to change their behavior.

2. says

“marriage is “not a civil right”. Said the governor: “It is a not civil right. I get aggravated when it is portrayed that way.”

So he gets aggravated at Mildred Loving and Julian Bond?

3. says

Jezz Governor.

Let’s not forget that marriage is firstly a civil matter in America, as marriage licenses are issued by and recorded in town halls not church halls not mosques or temples.

All summer long I officiate for couples who came to CT to wed from all across the country. And many of these couples have been together for many, many years. Congrats to all.

And to the marriage police and sexually phobic please find something else to do with your time because life’s to short. Find love.

Cheers, Joe Mustich, Justice of the Peace,
    Washington, Connecticut, USA.

4. Tyler says

Rhode Island is such a weird state. The State Legislature is 90% Democratic, and federal dems get elected by 65%+. But it is a somewhat corrupt state, and I think Carcieri and other Republican governors have been a revolt against that. He only won by like 50.9 percent, and it was in a midterm year. He’ll be out next year, and there’ll be a much better replacement (whoever wins). I can’t wait.

5. Jones-munoz says

When will these groups get it that it’s their hate, biggotry, and exclusive behavior that Is the unhealthy behaviou and the detriment to society, not marriage equality!

6. Randy says

Why are they allowed to continue to call it “supporting traditional marriage”? That is NOT what they are doing, because everyone who supports same-sex marriage also supports traditional marriage. What these jerks support is discrimination against gay couples.

7. John in Boston says

R.I., just 40 miles south of Boston, is a place where ‘in-door’ prostitution is legal.

R.I. capital, Providence, 40 miles south of Boston, has an openly gay mayor.

R.I. is NOTORIOUS as an important center for organized crime on the East coast. N.E. LCN is H.Q. in Providence, not Boston.

R.I. has a terrible economy with very high unemployment. Many who do work, work in Massachusetts, many even commuting to Boston.

Doesn’t this moron have enough on his plate? Nero fiddled while Rome burned.