Brazil | Joe Solmonese | Microsoft | News | Republican Party | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #557

JOE SOLMONESE: Speaking at the hate crimes bill presser this morning. Sorry, can't find clips of other speakers.

ALAN GRAYSON: FOX News is the enemy of America.

ARMARIO: Ad for Gay Pride in Salvador, Brazil says come out of the closet.

MICROSOFT: Entering the first Microsoft store. Rip-off much?

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. hey andy....
    that was a good post with the olympics as well as the varying comments from florida and tennessee. as you probably know, rupert murdoch made his foundation in australia with differing forms of mud slinging....as far as the olympics, i was not surprised that chicago let alone any u.s. city moved through the bid process....these past 8 years, since leaving new york, i have seen the most deplorable and base motivations -- removed from positive -- in all sectors of society (the push for matthew shepard was a few people not a bunch of people) that are so far removed from an exemplary showcase to win a bid for hosting the olympics let alone an avon party....and tennessee, just received a ride from a young lady there -- traditional cronyism keeps many places in the south and midwest in outmoded segregation situations that have not allowed a movement toward balance. thanks.

Posted by: ricardo | Oct 23, 2009 4:49:29 PM

2. Apple and Microsoft have both stolen so many ideas from each other and from other companies that I don't think you can point the finger on this one. Apple did not originate the boutique-style electronics store floorplan, they just made it a success.

Posted by: brennigans | Oct 23, 2009 5:20:28 PM

3. What Alan Grayson said very true about Fox News and the whole damn republican party

Posted by: Rocky | Oct 23, 2009 5:40:31 PM

4. Ah, so I see the plan: Just like Obama critics dreamed up the term Death Panels, they are now labeling the Administration's outspoken views an Enemies List. How ridiculous!

Interesting how Fox News feigns being upset at the President not sitting down to talk to them. When is the last time Dick Cheney or GW sat down to talk to MSNBC?

Also, Brennigans, you're right. Neither Apple nor Microsoft invented the boutique computer store. In fact Microsoft had a store way back in the San Fran in 1999. It closed during the Dot Com bust I think.

Posted by: damien | Oct 23, 2009 6:00:59 PM

5. Apple may not have invented the boutique store, but Microsoft has sure as hell has copied their setup, right down to the employees' color-coded shirts and ID lanyards.

Posted by: Bill in SoCal | Oct 23, 2009 6:07:54 PM

6. At least in the Microsoft store you wont pay double the price for half the functionality. God i hate that over priced Apple crap.

Posted by: Rovex | Oct 23, 2009 7:11:24 PM

7. This APPLE thing makes me laugh...I have my own retail stores that people constantly photograph and copy. All you can do is take it as a compliment...'cause Andy, there are things on this website that I see elsewhere.

As far as this Apple vs Microsoft...I have both..and believe me there are positives and negatives to each. Where Apple lacks Microsoft supersedes and vise-versa...I feel sorry for people who only see one way.

Posted by: KB | Oct 23, 2009 8:21:24 PM

8. I refuse to see the idea of entering a store as some sort of celebratory club joining extravaganza. Like waiting in line for cupcakes...I don't get it.

Posted by: Br!on | Oct 24, 2009 9:29:38 PM