Music Video | News

We Are All Straight

Shawty

This clip has been all over Facebook this week. I was tempted to post it earlier but I was repelled by one dude who calls his friend "faggot" in the clip's opening segments, and the macho strutting around with guns (and I'm not talking about biceps).

But, now that its maker, YouTuber "santinichris", felt the need to change the video's description to "WE ARE ALL STRAIGHT" (because, I guess, people were accusing them of being "gay" in the YouTube comments) I've decided to post it to illustrate the kind of 'art' that can emerge when repressed homosexuality is given a video camera.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Shawty2

Comments

1. I don't think it seemed repressed homosexual. Just a bunch of young guys who are comfortable with each other. They're cute though.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 23, 2009 9:49:31 AM

2. meh. repressed homosexuality..1.... rhythmically challenged white boys...0.

Posted by: alan | Oct 23, 2009 9:49:58 AM

3. I think it was John Waters who said..."They used to refer to it as the love that dare not speak its name.....now it is the love that won't shut up." Repressed? Not so much.

Posted by: David | Oct 23, 2009 9:55:07 AM

4. Yet again Andy posting of anything sexual that has to do with a couple of white STRAIGHT males, never mind using a horrible slur to describe a friend...as long as there is flesh to be seen Andy will post it in an effort to BOOST traffic to his "website"...clearly a case of pandering to the notion...gay men want to see flesh...is this what gay men REALLY want to see Andy??

Posted by: whatsup | Oct 23, 2009 9:56:10 AM

5. 1) NONE of these losers are the slightest bit cute.

2)It most likely is repressed homosexuality.The ones that feel they have to prove their machoism are the ones who are probably gayer than I am.They are doing it in a distasteful matter too.

Posted by: Rocky | Oct 23, 2009 9:57:59 AM

6. They're too fat to be gay!

Posted by: A | Oct 23, 2009 9:58:34 AM

7. @ Whatsup

Thank you for adding that.I was thinking the same thing.Its obvious that they are just a bunch of drunken white frat boys looking for alittle attention.

Posted by: Rocky | Oct 23, 2009 10:00:43 AM

8. oh and my above comment I meant to type "manner".Typing fast to get my thought across

Posted by: Rocky | Oct 23, 2009 10:03:16 AM

9. I think they're pretty damn hot for the most part - and i wouldn't mind if they were gay. Might need to go take a "break" in the work bathroom...

Posted by: Eric | Oct 23, 2009 10:12:58 AM

10. Whatsup,

Perhaps there are a lot of readers who like a little skin. What are we, a bunch of prudes? People come to towleroad for the wide variety of news and features, some of which include scantily clad twinks. What's the problem with that?

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 23, 2009 10:17:09 AM

11. I'm not quite understanding the point. So, they interpreted a R & B song with their own caucasian style and suddenly it's controversial? Looks rather benign to me. It really doesn't deserve any venue boost other than youtube. We're too quick to provide the press and overexposure to anything that looks remotely entertaining on youtube - and this falls flat. Yawn.

Posted by: Brad | Oct 23, 2009 10:23:32 AM

12. Not surprised by the gun and faggot comment. It would otherwise make them too vulnerable to dance shirtless, flirt and rub each others asses.

@ Eric, BARF!

Posted by: chronicle | Oct 23, 2009 10:31:04 AM

13. Ugh. Not sexy.

Posted by: Aaron Rowland | Oct 23, 2009 10:36:08 AM

14. The guy at the start and the dude with tats are exhibitionists --- that is why this video exists. And the other guys went along for the very gay ride.

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 23, 2009 10:38:28 AM

15. They're too fat to be gay!

Posted by: A | Oct 23, 2009 9:58:34 AM

1) Stupid lame childish gay body nazi comment.

2)two of them are ripped

3)tat muscle boy is so not straight and so is ready for Sean Cody.

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 23, 2009 10:48:14 AM

16. Actually it was Mike Nochols who said that, David.

And yes this video is COMPLETELY GAY!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 23, 2009 10:55:58 AM

17. So a bunch of good-looking guys do a silly interpretation of a hip-hop song and you're calling them repressed homosexuals?

I'm calling them goofy college kids having fun and making a video.

Can we move on and channel anger/rage into something more worthwhile than this? Or are we trying to be the thought police?

Posted by: DR | Oct 23, 2009 11:07:14 AM

18. just guys having fun, andy you sound like you are gay for pay and you really don't know the definition of homosexual, "gay"
    because my life is not about making videos or trying to cat feminine, my life is more real

Posted by: josepe | Oct 23, 2009 11:22:02 AM

19. @Whats up:

Why did you put website in quotation marks?

Are you doubting that www.towleroad.com is a website? Pretty sure it is one...

And it's his website, he can do whatever he wants. I love competition, so start up your own gay news blog, and see how it goes.

Posted by: Chicagoan | Oct 23, 2009 11:26:29 AM

20. They are so not gay. Our "straight" friend is way gayer than these guys.

Besides, this song is all about getting some girl bootie. Nothing really gay about this at all.

Good work by these guys though.

Posted by: David | Oct 23, 2009 11:31:14 AM

21. OMG!What I pick up out of it is the total ignorance of these frat boys regarding what constitutes 'Straight' or 'Gay' behaviour. They seemed to have blended it all together, and just INSIST that it is 'Straight'. It is amusing to see them make such asses of themselves, but it does concern me that in their ignorance & postureing, someday they will find themselves in a place they didn't intend, and could lash out (think: Gay bashing). Most proabley one of the Narcissist pack leaders. Then again simply by their number, one might 'discover' he's gay one day...and like it!

Posted by: Booka | Oct 23, 2009 11:33:31 AM

22. Hey WHATSUP, I notice that you are still here on this website watching videos that Andy posts in attempt to "pander". I think the queen doth protest too much.

As for the faggot comment at the start of the video, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Posted by: Tom | Oct 23, 2009 11:33:36 AM

23. Sorry...that was awesome!!!

Posted by: LA | Oct 23, 2009 11:40:09 AM

24. I think they're all underage, so you know.

Posted by: Bradley | Oct 23, 2009 11:48:35 AM

25. pretty harmless i feel. they are def cute and sure they could probably use more exposure to the real world and to gay people or different types of folk in general.

so baaaad at dancing btw.

Posted by: sydneyrules | Oct 23, 2009 11:55:02 AM