Books | News | Photography

Giving Good Face

Af4

Celebs and unknowns got ready for their close-ups in these shots from a forthcoming book by photographer John Russo called About Face. Russo used type 55 Polaroid film and used natural light.

Af2  Af3

Comments

1. No one fat or deemed unattractive need apply...good job on giving MORE visibility to those who already has such a bright light on them already...

Posted by: diiferingview | Nov 6, 2009 11:10:15 AM

2. And please shave, pluck or thread any body hair that is not on your face.

Posted by: James in Chicago | Nov 6, 2009 11:14:19 AM

3. Yowza, who is that first guy? He's totally gorgeous.

Posted by: Donny B | Nov 6, 2009 11:25:50 AM

4. Who is the first guy? He is gorgeous.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 6, 2009 11:31:15 AM

5. The first guy is Marco Dapper.

Posted by: johnnydallas | Nov 6, 2009 11:34:35 AM

6. I believe the first guy is Marco Dapper, you can see all of him in Eating Out 2: Sloppy Seconds.

Posted by: Pete | Nov 6, 2009 11:38:48 AM

7. Marco Dapper wins the smizing challenge.

Posted by: sam | Nov 6, 2009 12:04:24 PM

8. Hi there,

I would love to exchange links with you... Do you have interested?

Best,
    Marcello
    www.yvymag.com

Posted by: Marcello de Giuli | Nov 6, 2009 12:07:28 PM

9. I am a photography geek...& I love his work

Posted by: Stephen | Nov 6, 2009 12:57:03 PM

10. Damn Marco Dapper is LEGIT boner material. HOT HOT HOT.

Posted by: J. Bocca | Nov 6, 2009 1:03:41 PM

11. Kodak film will make a comeback, just like LP's.

Posted by: Pee Town | Nov 6, 2009 1:07:10 PM

12. Here is a link to a post I did on Marco Dapper who by the post you can tell I have a HUGE crush on!

Dave

Posted by: Wicked Gay Blog | Nov 6, 2009 1:07:19 PM

13. Pretty awful shots. Couldn't get DOF right and obviously photoshopped the effect in... to the extreme. Poorly executed concept on attractive models still makes this a poor art book.

Also, nice job publisher; that movie that made all that money setting records, well, yeah, it's "The Dark Knight" with a K.

Posted by: unruly | Nov 6, 2009 1:21:00 PM

14. Avadon - Chuck Close - this format has been done - absolute shit - nothing new except the subjects - this is not art -

Posted by: fred | Nov 6, 2009 1:21:17 PM

15. blech --- just more body facist "art" --- interested how most of the white famous actors have the exact type of facial features, body fat, muscle development and lack of body hair.

Yawn -- but we know Andy is a clone and likes his clones.

Posted by: RJP3 | Nov 6, 2009 1:28:40 PM

16. Ian Somerhalder + Jerry O'Connell = Chace Crawford. Who knew?

Posted by: Billy | Nov 6, 2009 1:44:28 PM

17. This is kind of wild. I was just contemplating this while watching Gossip Girl. There are lots of very attractive people on that show but there is something extremely appealing about Chace Crawford's face regardless of your taste. I was wondering what it is that makes us say that one is more attractive than the next. They all are pretty people but for some reason there is something that makes an impact in our heads. I know there has been research and it has something to do with symmetry etc. Anyhow, I am glad to see someone is contemplating useless stuff like me.

Posted by: Jason | Nov 6, 2009 2:06:21 PM

18. OH MY GOD, I can't believe you would only show pictures of beautiful men who work out and shave! The nerve! I'm so upset, I need another twinkie.

Posted by: JeffRob | Nov 6, 2009 5:06:35 PM

19. Too similar to Richard Avedon's work...

Posted by: Lucas | Nov 6, 2009 5:12:49 PM

20. Who is that pretty Asian woman in there with all those guys?

Posted by: Tony | Nov 6, 2009 5:35:57 PM

21. I see the "oh god, more pretty people .... blah blah blah" cunts are out again.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Nov 6, 2009 5:59:40 PM

22. Thanks for posting his work. As a collector of fine art photography I love seeing the work of photographers new to me. Sure, his concept is nothing new, but I still like how the work is excuted(especially the shallow depth of field). I just preordered the signed edition.

Posted by: Bo | Nov 6, 2009 6:41:52 PM

23. Now now gentlemen. These faces are the Gay Balm of Gilead. Maine goes down in flames as in 30+ other states. Gay Americas again rendered as second class. Please just give us all a young fresh face to look at. Is that too much to ask?

Remember, they are young. We were all young and pretty once.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Nov 6, 2009 6:54:35 PM

24. Chace Crawford and Ian Somerhalder's portraits in the same book? I think I just ejaculated a little in my pants.

Posted by: stingo | Nov 6, 2009 7:02:58 PM

25. I don't get it. But, on the plus, there's nothing to get. This is ass.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 6, 2009 8:10:42 PM