Gay Marriage | News | Soap Operas

Major Gay Wedding Drama on One Life to Live

Oltl

A couple years ago it would have been nuts to think that we'd see a man leave his male fiancé for another man at the altar on a major daytime soap, yet here it is.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(top image via dudetube - site nsfw)

One Life to Live's description of this clip:

"Though Dorian admits to Langston that she still loves David, she asks her to hold onto her phone, in case 'someone' calls, then goes off with Amelia. Nick urges Kyle to join him in the ceremony, and Fish says, 'I'll see you after you get married.' The ceremony begins, and as Andrew talks about marriage, Langston leaves a message for David to get over there soon - and stop Dorian! Nick expresses his love to Kyle, Cris and Layla comment on how devastated Fish looks and Amelia wonders who Dorian is looking for Suddenly, as Andrew instructs everyone to take out their rings, Kyle says, 'Wait, I can't do this.' Though Nick professes his love to Kyle, Kyle denies loving Nick then says he wants to one day marry the man he loves - Kyle goes to Fish and asks him if they can give it another shot! Nick runs off upset, as Kyle tells Fish how much he loves him - then Roxy approaches and tells Kyle to marry Fish! Though Fish wants to give his relationship with Kyle another shot, neither is ready for marriage. Back in Llanview, Roxy hushes the protester, Markko's mom's friend, by saying, 'Don't knock it till you try it,' and kisses her - as everyone applauds Kyle and Fish, as they kiss!"

Comments

1. bwahahahaha soap operas are ridiculous!!!

Posted by: sean | Nov 3, 2009 1:19:57 PM

2. That was cool!

(Is it just me or are all the women in that video wearing white and all the men wearing black?)

Posted by: Aman Chaudhary | Nov 3, 2009 1:21:19 PM

3. Ridiculous yes, but what they present as acceptable and unacceptable is a pretty reliable indication of evolving near-term mainstream morality.

Posted by: Dave | Nov 3, 2009 2:00:47 PM

4. Too bad the still shows a "not on the lips!" stage kiss

Posted by: Kevin | Nov 3, 2009 3:04:07 PM

5. OMG someone get me a box of Kleenex!!!

Posted by: Mitch Shea | Nov 3, 2009 3:46:13 PM

6. I really don't get the "not on the lips stage kiss" comment. This is by far the first kiss on OLTL and some of them have been pretty damn heated. Not to mention Fish is played by a hot gay actor. Honestly, I've had my touch and go moments with this whole storyline, but I have to say Fish's speech to the homophobic protesters was awe inspiring.

Posted by: Eric | Nov 3, 2009 4:13:54 PM

7. Eric, are you blind? Look at the character on the right. He's formed his lips into a wall. The guy on the left is full on kissing and the guy on the right is holding back.

Ummm, did one of the gays leave another gay at the altar for another guy? Jesus, even in soaps we're so predictable.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 3, 2009 4:51:29 PM

8. MITCH SHEA:
    Haha, for the tears of joy or the spews of bliss?

Posted by: Nat | Nov 3, 2009 4:59:37 PM

9. what a topsy-turvy world... cartoons are now sophisticated enough for adults, and live-action dramas are childish enough to pass for cartoon plots! are all soap operas like this?
    i do applaud what it signals for lgbt visibility, though.

Posted by: le_sacre | Nov 3, 2009 5:09:19 PM

10. Great! Now that we've educated the unemployed, we just need to get them off the couch and out the door to vote.

Posted by: Gary | Nov 3, 2009 6:25:18 PM

11. It's been a great storyline and the actors, directers and writers have done an incredible job.

Why people have to knock anything that is potraying homosexuals in a positive light is beyond me and very juvenile.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 3, 2009 7:18:37 PM

12. Can't get enough of Scott Evans.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 3, 2009 8:31:46 PM

13. I like to congratulate you for yuor beautifull blog. Very Elegant. Incredible informations. Very usufull.

I like to take this opportunity to invite all yuor guests to visit my wedding guide in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

We are open to any collaborations to stand together.

Thanks

www.avenuecelebrations.com Team.

Posted by: Avenue celebrations | Nov 3, 2009 11:30:52 PM

14. I like to congratulate you for yuor beautifull blog. Very Elegant. Incredible informations. Very usufull.

We are open to any collaborations to stand together.

Thanks

www.avenuecelebrations.com Team.

Posted by: Montreal wedding guide | Nov 3, 2009 11:32:04 PM

15. Dr. Dorian Cramer Callison, Santi, Vickers, Laurence, Lord Buchanan is a lesbian? I need to watch OLTL!

Posted by: tomNla | Nov 3, 2009 11:38:39 PM

16. Not all people who watch soap operas are unemployed. I'm fully employed, but I still watch the show every night when I get home from work. Right now, OLTL is one of the best-written and best-acted soaps on the air, and the ONLY network program to prominently feature a gay couple as a major storyline. Why people feel the need to attack the audience for soap operas is something I'll never understand; I can't stand sci-fi or fantasy, but I wouldn't denigrate somebody else who enjoys such programs.

Posted by: Joseph | Nov 4, 2009 1:59:43 PM

17. SCOTT EVANS AS OFFICER OLIVER FISH, WHAT A HOTTIE AND PLAYING A COP WOW,WE'VE BROKE THE SOUND BARRIER!!! I've waited my whole life and at 63 can say in the gay world we have come a long long way thank you SCOTT FOR HELPING TO BRING HUMAN BEINGS OF THIS EARTH OUT OF THE DARK INTO THE LIGHT.I CAN REMEMBER DANCING AND THE LIGHTS BLINKING OFF AND ON BECAUSE THE COPS WERE COMING IN THE LOUNGE AND THAT WAS FOR US A SIGNAL TO GET OFF THE DANCE FLOOR,WHO WOULD EVER THINK A COP KISSING ANOTHER GUY ON DAYTIME TELEVISION AND NOBODY BLINKS THE LIGHTS OFF AND ON! BRAVO TO YOU SCOTT

Posted by: bill towne | Feb 4, 2010 8:55:19 PM