Halloween | MAurice Sendak | New York | News

Wild Things on the Boston 'T'

Wildthings

Writes Casey Donahue: "Ran into these guys on the train. They win Halloween."

Sorry about the location mix-up guys. As a New Yorker I should have my Metrocard revoked.

Comments

1. this looks like boston, not new york.

Posted by: adam | Nov 2, 2009 2:14:33 PM

2. Definitely Boston.

&

Definitely cute as shit.

Posted by: Brendan | Nov 2, 2009 2:26:05 PM

3. Yeah it's Boston, not NYC – Casey Donahue is definitely in Boston. Here's two of my fav videos of his:

Posted by: NIck | Nov 2, 2009 2:28:36 PM

4. Yeah, that's not a NYC subway car interior.

Posted by: Eric | Nov 2, 2009 2:29:36 PM

5. Great costumes. Looks like the person sitting is dressed as the goat-like Wild Thing.

I mostly saw half-ass costumes this year. Though a girl dressed as Sookie Stackhouse really tickled me.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 2, 2009 2:37:20 PM

6. Boston MBTA - Green Line (D branch) - Pulling into or out of Longwood station (it's a medical area where a lot of hospitals are).

Posted by: Michael | Nov 2, 2009 2:38:15 PM

7. It's definitely Boston's "T" Green Line "D" train to Riverside at or near Longwood station.

Posted by: John R. Washburn | Nov 2, 2009 2:45:23 PM

8. "mostly half-ass costumes this year" said the man probably not wearing a costume AT ALL.

Posted by: Dick | Nov 2, 2009 2:45:27 PM

9. That's clearly not NYC.

As others have already pointed out it's Boston.

Posted by: NTS | Nov 2, 2009 2:53:20 PM

10. Really, you think, Dick? (appropriate name btw).

You'd be wrong. My hubby and I dressed as characters from the best movie of all time, Blade Runner. I was in full-on sci-fi drag as the replicant Pris.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 2, 2009 3:37:17 PM

11. This picture made my heart happy. The fact that it happened in my hometown (which I haven't visited in 10 years) made me want to go back.

Posted by: michael | Nov 2, 2009 5:04:17 PM

12. Forget best costume...

This is THE cutest, most adorable, most precious Halloween related picture I have ever ever seen!

That put a huge smile on my face.

Posted by: Bayley | Nov 2, 2009 5:04:53 PM

13. Yeah, one of the green lines; green lines use light rail, the other 3 lines use heavy rail, bigger trains.

Like to see these dudes and little dude hop on with that get-up at Fields Corener or Jackson Sq. Hop on the Orange line south of Mass Ave towards Forest Hills with that get-up when the high schools let out 2-3PM.

Greenline Longwood, Riverside Line; does it get anymore she-she on the MBTA? Coming in from Newton and Brookline.

Posted by: John in Boston | Nov 2, 2009 5:30:02 PM

14. "she-she"

LOL.

I ride the Orange Line to Forest Hills from Ruggles every day, and I always feel nothing but safe. Then again, I used to live in Atlanta, so situations that make (native) Bostonians cringe with racist crime anticipation make me yawn. What makes anyone think black folk would have some wild ass reaction to these costumes? BTW, subway cars are not heavy rail. Commuter rail is heavy rail. Subway cars are still considered light rail.

Posted by: Jeff in Boston | Nov 3, 2009 2:42:52 PM

15. Wrong. The cars used on the orange,red and blue line are heavy rail. Green uses light rail.

Jeff, you know NOTHING about me, what I've experienced in my life, where I've been, where I've lived, my education. Don't waste your fucking time trying to psychoanalyze me boss.

you have a fucking chip on your fucking shoulder about race that's your fucking problem.

If you are uncomfortable in Boston, 99% of the people here would tell you to your fucking face not to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. You've probably discovered there's zero southern hospitality here.

I agree with you on one thing. I've been to Atlanta numerous times for my job. Atlanta does suck. It's got a very high violent crime rate. Homicide rate MUCH higher than Boston, and Boston is a bigger city and more urban. Even downtown is sketchy in broad daylight. Why anyone would brag about this I don't know.

I'm a NEW YORK CITY native boss. I grew up back in forth in both cities, and not the suburbs, the cities.

And Boston and New York both

Posted by: John in Boston | Nov 3, 2009 5:59:16 PM

16. I stand corrected on light rail. But you're still a racist tool.

Posted by: Jeff in Boston | Nov 4, 2009 2:03:38 PM