Actress Brittany Murphy Dies at 32

Murphy Brittany Murphy, star of 8 Mile and Clueless, has died in Los Angeles, TMZ is reporting:

"Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival."

L.A. police have opened an investigation

Coronor: Cause of death appears to be natural, autopsy will be performed

R.I.P.

Comments

1. bozemanmontana says

Wow – loved her in Clueless. Off topic: Andy is that banner the view from Blue Mountain looking toward Hellgate Canyon, across the lights of Missoula?

2. jamal49 says

Wow, this is so sad. Loved her in “Clueless”. Hollywood seems to be a tough place for young actors to survive. I hope it wasn’t drug-related, which seems to be the case these days. Whatever the reason, R.I.P.

3. me says

Cher: Tai, how old are you?
    Tai: I’ll be 16 in May.
    Cher: My birthday is in April and as someone older, can I please give you some advice? It is one thing to spark up a doobie and get laced at parties, but it is quite another to be fried all day.

4. says

>>If that’s how she looked 20 days ago, it’s no wonder that she got a heart attack — the kind you get from anorexia<<

Those were my exact thoughts when I had read she died from cardiac arrest.

5. peterparker says

Well that would explain the ambulances that woke me up this morning driving up the hill. And yeah…the first thing I thought of was anorexia as well. R.I.P.

6. tony says

When I sit at a Broadway show , mostly musicals and hear these people that are “micked”…I say to myself, we have an overflow of talent, just in NYC and I have to listen to someone off key???…what’s the story and who is she f**king??…Brittany I noticed and took notice on film…she’s a memorable actress with that raspy voice of hers….when I see talent, i take notice cause it takes work to get where you are when you are young..not talking about members of a Hollywood family..to get your foot”in that door” is still work and will always be work for actors..over & over they do it..that alone amazes me…now James Franco decided he wants to go back to college and still be in that soap opera,the FIRST I am watching…smart move..cause at any moment that actor is homeless, if you are not smart enough to save for he future..that idea is not in the heads of young people…….anyway GOD REST you Brittany