Football (American) | Louisiana | New Orleans | News

Louisianans Destroy 60-Inch Television with Bullets After Saints Win

Tv

I'm not sure if this is a better example of a waste of a TV or a waste of brain cells.

The AP reports: "Wayne A. Spring told his friends that if New Orleans beat the Washington Redskins on Sunday, anyone who wanted could come to his house and shoot his television. Spring said as soon as the undefeated Saints kicked the winning field goal, his phone started ringing. About a dozen gun-toting Saints fans showed up at his home in Albany, about 50 miles northwest of New Orleans, and shot up his TV in the back yard. Spring put the video on YouTube and says it has had over 145,000 hits in three days."

And that count is up to 600,000+...

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(thanks rex)

Comments

1. So what? Is this 'More than redneck news for Gay Men?' Who cares?

Posted by: bearheim | Dec 13, 2009 11:23:58 AM

2. No worries, FEMA will buy him another one.

Posted by: BradK | Dec 13, 2009 12:14:09 PM

3. Pretty funny, in a sad sorta way. I'm reminded these are the folks we are counting on to grant us equal rights at the ballot box.

Posted by: Jeff M. | Dec 13, 2009 1:06:55 PM

4. Is 'who dat' a statement or a question?

Posted by: Rob | Dec 13, 2009 1:23:38 PM

5. The stupidity of the average American is mindboggling.

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 13, 2009 2:05:02 PM

6. Colts fans > Saints fans

Posted by: KFLO | Dec 13, 2009 2:18:19 PM

7. ass holes!

Posted by: Randy | Dec 13, 2009 2:22:41 PM

8. What fucking language are they speaking?

Posted by: acorlando | Dec 13, 2009 2:44:45 PM

9. Great neighbors! Come on over drunk-driving and drink more and shoot semi automatic weapons in my neighborhood...

It's a miracle nobody got shot.

Good thing none of us happened to be walking by...

Posted by: bendskier | Dec 13, 2009 3:01:52 PM

10. Meh looks like a shitty rear projection TV to me. If it had been a Plasma i would have been upset. Having said that it still deserves to live more than the idiots who shot it.

Posted by: Rovex | Dec 13, 2009 3:47:58 PM

11. Let me preface this with the fact that I am from Louisiana and a die hard Saints fan...

WHO DAT?! WHO DAT SAY DEY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS?!

C'mon guys.. it's funny. This is just NFL fans being NFL fans. The owner of the TV is clearly loaded (did you see that gun?) and they are in a pretty rural area. They also do a pretty good job of putting the TV away from the house, at a distance, shooting at the same time, etc. They actually show decent gun safety. And check out that tat. hahaha

Thanks for posting this video.
    WHO DAT! 13-0!

Posted by: john | Dec 13, 2009 5:07:05 PM

12. The stupidity of the average American is mindboggling.

POSTED BY: PETERPARKER | DEC 13, 2009 2:05:02 PM

********************************************
    LOL !

And this has what to do with the 'average' American? What is the 'Average' American? You are intimate with all 300 plus million Americans?

Lighten up boss; don't take yourself soo seriously.

Posted by: John in Boston | Dec 13, 2009 5:43:59 PM

13. Straight losers. Why are they the majority, tell me?!

Posted by: nikko | Dec 13, 2009 5:57:08 PM

14. OMG! And to think, I let some of these guys fuck me, and whisper sweet 'who dat' in my ears....I'm locking the door.

Posted by: Booka | Dec 13, 2009 7:29:38 PM

15. ah my home state.
    My High School team was also called the Saints, and they were eclipsed (and had their song stolen) when the other team appeared.

I understood every word, in spite of having a PhD and speaking New England college English for 30 odd years.

Posted by: Kevinvt | Dec 13, 2009 9:01:53 PM

16. I had to google "who dat" . . . I thought it was some form of communication.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 13, 2009 9:25:48 PM

17. As entertaining as this is, I would MUCH rather see a video of their reaction to the fact that their antics were posted on a gay-themed Web Site for all of Gay America to laugh at! Now that would REALLY be entertaining!!!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Dec 14, 2009 12:39:09 AM

18. New England college English. You mean a so-called standard American accent, i.e. flat, hard rhotic, small town Midwestern accent? That always sounds to me like some mean English teacher taught such speakers to over-articulate. I call them the 'Er' people; all I hear when they speak is the hard articulation of the letter 'R'. God forbid an American should speak with a softer southern dialect, or a non-rhotic New York or Boston accent. My mom has a southern English, London accent. It is, unlike so-called Standardized American English (New England college English) non-rhotic. She tries hard to speak 'American' but that letter 'R' still comes out like 'Ah' instead of 'Ur'.

Posted by: John in Boston | Dec 14, 2009 12:47:30 AM

19. They shot a mere SIXTY INCH television to death?

HA!

I've got a 61" (no kiddin'), so I'VE GOT A BIGGER ONE than that Bozo had! And mine still works beautifully. At least that's what all the guys tell me...

Posted by: Adrian Kimberly | Dec 14, 2009 10:27:56 AM

20. Damn, the Falcons almost did it yesterday, and the Skins almost did it last week. Somebody has got to beat them....dammit!

Oh, but, JOHN, I still want the Saints to go to the NFC Championship game....to be beaten by my Eagles. (hee hee hee...)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 14, 2009 10:31:36 AM

21. Kind of scary that ALL THESE DRUNK PEOPLE HAVE GUNS!!! Thank God they only shot the poor TV.

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 14, 2009 4:43:03 PM

22. hahaha YA'LL are just jealous. 13-0!!! WHO DAT??!?!!? (say dey gonna beat dem saints, for the unknowing) haha

Posted by: coffee&chicory | Dec 14, 2009 4:53:17 PM

23. Derrick I respect you like you wouldn't believe but baby don't take it there. The only reason why I didn't put a voodoo spell on the eagles is because that black fine ass Vick. Just thinking of that man makes me wanna eat a T-bone.

Posted by: CAJIVA | Dec 14, 2009 6:06:25 PM

24. I think it's brilliant & the folks participating certainly seem to have had a good time. I can almost guarantee they don't give a shit what random gay internet dude #332342 thinks of their fun or their accent. I'm sure they'd find some of the activities enjoyed by the above posters boring and/or stupid as well. I'm almost certain I would.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see my Saints & my Tide both finish with undefeated seasons so WHO DAT! & Roll Tide!

Posted by: Jackson | Dec 15, 2009 7:06:08 AM

25. This is NOT a waste of a good TV, nor is it a waste of brain cells. But it is a waste of good ammunition!

Posted by: JIM | Dec 20, 2009 3:22:36 PM