News | Virginia

BigGayDeal.com

Man Arrested for Indecent Exposure in Own Home Convicted, Appeals

Williamson

Back in October I posted about, Erick Williamson, who was arrested after a woman and a child saw him nude in his kitchen making coffee early in the morning.

He was found guilty on Friday, but not fined or sent to jail:

"Erick Williamson, 29, continued to believe that he had done nothing wrong and that he did not purposely expose himself to two women and a 7-year-old boy who walked past his house the morning of Oct. 19. He immediately appealed his conviction. A seven-person jury in misdemeanor appeals court will rule on the propriety of Williamson's domestic nudity in February. 'That's outrageous,' he said after the verdict. 'It's unbelievable." He said publicity from the arrest had cost him a job as a commercial diver. 'I'm the victim,' he said. Testimony in the hour-long trial before Fairfax General District Court Judge Ian M. O'Flaherty revealed that two separate incidents of alleged exposure had occurred over a two-hour period. Williamson denied standing naked in his doorway or front window and said he had no intent to expose himself to anyone. But O'Flaherty wasn't buying it and likened Williamson to bank robber John Dillinger, who also 'thought he was doing nothing wrong when he walked into banks and shot them up.'"

John Dillinger?

Comments

1. This has no taken heights of absurdity. A bank robber?

Posted by: Gregoire | Dec 21, 2009 11:34:10 AM

2. Jesus Christ!!!

Posted by: Michael W. | Dec 21, 2009 11:37:52 AM

3. Oh give me a fucking break, its not like he was sitting on a public park and jo!!! This is like a witch hunt! SAVE THEE CHILDRENNNN! Ugh. FYI, I wish he was my nieghbor! haha.

Posted by: J. Bocca | Dec 21, 2009 11:41:10 AM

4. Maybe he should countersue the woman. she is obviously a peeping tom. Why was she looking in his window in the first place?

Then again, we all know that nudity is bad bad bad! Thank god the judge is here to protect us all from looking at our naughty bits in the privacy of our own homes!

Posted by: Jay | Dec 21, 2009 11:46:40 AM

5. Lets not forget that this is being reported by Fix news we know how they are. I feel this women should be brought up on charges as a peeping Tom! She was obviously looking for something. She should have just walked were little Backward Southern hick kid to school and went home to her sad boring little life!

Posted by: Ira | Dec 21, 2009 11:46:58 AM

6. The foolishness of this case reminds me of laws against dancing or interracial marriage. Good for him for appealing.

By the way, Erick, you're welcome to walk nude around my place any time.

Posted by: Bill | Dec 21, 2009 11:48:25 AM

7. Didn't I read in the original posting on this story that the people who witnessed Mr. Williamson nude in his own home were taking a short cut across his property? Therefore, if they hadn't trespassed, there'd be no sighting and, hence, complaint! This has to rank as of one 2009's most absurd stories! What a crock from the prosecutor and court system.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 21, 2009 11:50:17 AM

8. The judge is an idiot. Besides the woman trespassing on private property, being a peeping tom, there is also the abuse of power having her husband, a police officer, sending seven cops to arrest this guy. I hope he fights this and brings about a law suit.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Dec 21, 2009 11:58:14 AM

9. If the parties were reversed and it was a man who "accidentally" saw a woman standing nude in her house, it would be the man they were arresting. This is pure bull. BTW-I would complain about seeing him naked!

Posted by: Leto | Dec 21, 2009 12:03:51 PM

10. Let's see the evidence. . .

Posted by: Doug | Dec 21, 2009 12:04:59 PM

11. He should walk around nude EVERYWHERE! But seriously, he should sue the woman for trespassing and being a peeping tom. And get a gay male judge. ;-)

Posted by: Bobby | Dec 21, 2009 12:09:26 PM

12. I smell a screenplay here.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 21, 2009 12:13:37 PM

13. That slut that did the looking was no better than Bonnie Parker. Throw her in the tank! Filthy whore!

Posted by: TPL | Dec 21, 2009 12:14:45 PM

14. I'm gonna sue him for NOT being my neighbor. Who would be offended by seeing this guy naked? Move next door to me and I will NEVER report you.

Posted by: Kevin Austin | Dec 21, 2009 12:37:53 PM

15. I just wish this story had the opportunity for endless re-hash ala Carrie bible-titties because I could look at pics of that dude for at least another 15 minutes. Hubba-hubba.

Posted by: Jersey | Dec 21, 2009 12:49:57 PM

16. The woman and the Judge I am 100% sure are Christianists.

I have read the woman ruining this man's life is a Christianist .... and her husband is a Police Chief.

The is old fashion good ol boy corruption ...the judge is of course going to jail someone the wife of the Police Chief wants locked up --- with no evidence.

Virginia is a cesspool of the Southern Ignorance and new money.

Posted by: JJJS | Dec 21, 2009 12:52:28 PM

17. This Guy is Sooooo Dammmm HOTTTTT!!!!!! He can be nude around me anytime.....I'd love to see his "Happy Trail" ...grrr, dam you just tell that he's Hairy/sexy as hell!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Dec 21, 2009 12:53:41 PM

18. In America, we have the right to kill an intruder in our home in self-defense, yet we do not have the right to make coffee in the nude in that same home. Our country is so incredibly screwed up! The land of the free... unless you're naked!

Posted by: Jim | Dec 21, 2009 12:53:43 PM

19. Oh... and I think the guy it totally hot! I'd LOVE to see him naked from INSIDE his house while he made ME coffee in the morning!

Posted by: Jim | Dec 21, 2009 12:54:43 PM

20. § 18.2-387. Indecent exposure.

Every person who intentionally makes an obscene display or exposure of his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where others are present, or procures another to so expose himself, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. No person shall be deemed to be in violation of this section for breastfeeding a child in any public place or any place where others are present.

I guess that's the statute he was convicted under. I'm guessing that in weighing the credibility of the three testifying witnesses, he ruled for the Commonwealth. I can't wait to see the appeal in this case.

Posted by: DR | Dec 21, 2009 12:56:46 PM

21. Her should bring charges of TRESSPASSING and VOYERISM against the two frigid bitches who cut across his property and looked in his window.

On a personal note. Anyone have his adress?

Posted by: Wolf | Dec 21, 2009 12:57:56 PM

22. Those bitches need a dildo up their bums...WHERE WILL IT STOP?? YOU SHOULD NOT WALK INTO SOMEONE's property..NEVER

Posted by: Bosie | Dec 21, 2009 1:07:39 PM

23. WOLF --seriously - we should start a GAY FanClub..for those of us who LIKE/LOVE Hairy Manly Men!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by: Disgusted American | Dec 21, 2009 1:15:16 PM

24. Has Playgirl approached him yet about a photo spread ?!?!?!?

Posted by: paul | Dec 21, 2009 1:16:05 PM

25. Oh good lord, I should send him a fig leaf from the tree next to my house so that the nosy Mrs. Cravitz's can't freak the fuck out over seeing some hot man'c cock.

Posted by: homer | Dec 21, 2009 1:21:16 PM