Man Arrested for Indecent Exposure in Own Home Convicted, Appeals

Williamson

Back in October I posted about, Erick Williamson, who was arrested after a woman and a child saw him nude in his kitchen making coffee early in the morning.

He was found guilty on Friday, but not fined or sent to jail:

"Erick Williamson, 29, continued to believe that he had done nothing wrong and that he did not purposely expose himself to two women and a 7-year-old boy who walked past his house the morning of Oct. 19. He immediately appealed his conviction.

A seven-person jury in misdemeanor appeals court will rule on the propriety of Williamson's domestic nudity in February. 'That's outrageous,' he said after the verdict. 'It's unbelievable." He said publicity from the arrest had cost him a job as a commercial diver. 'I'm the victim,' he said.

Testimony in the hour-long trial before Fairfax General District Court Judge Ian M. O'Flaherty revealed that two separate incidents of alleged exposure had occurred over a two-hour period. Williamson denied standing naked in his doorway or front window and said he had no intent to expose himself to anyone. But O'Flaherty wasn't buying it and likened Williamson to bank robber John Dillinger, who also 'thought he was doing nothing wrong when he walked into banks and shot them up.'"

John Dillinger?

Comments

1. J. Bocca says

Oh give me a fucking break, its not like he was sitting on a public park and jo!!! This is like a witch hunt! SAVE THEE CHILDRENNNN! Ugh. FYI, I wish he was my nieghbor! haha.

2. Jay says

Maybe he should countersue the woman. she is obviously a peeping tom. Why was she looking in his window in the first place?

Then again, we all know that nudity is bad bad bad! Thank god the judge is here to protect us all from looking at our naughty bits in the privacy of our own homes!

3. Ira says

Lets not forget that this is being reported by Fix news we know how they are. I feel this women should be brought up on charges as a peeping Tom! She was obviously looking for something. She should have just walked were little Backward Southern hick kid to school and went home to her sad boring little life!

4. Bill says

The foolishness of this case reminds me of laws against dancing or interracial marriage. Good for him for appealing.

By the way, Erick, you’re welcome to walk nude around my place any time.

5. Rob says

Didn’t I read in the original posting on this story that the people who witnessed Mr. Williamson nude in his own home were taking a short cut across his property? Therefore, if they hadn’t trespassed, there’d be no sighting and, hence, complaint! This has to rank as of one 2009’s most absurd stories! What a crock from the prosecutor and court system.

6. patrick nyc says

The judge is an idiot. Besides the woman trespassing on private property, being a peeping tom, there is also the abuse of power having her husband, a police officer, sending seven cops to arrest this guy. I hope he fights this and brings about a law suit.

7. Leto says

If the parties were reversed and it was a man who “accidentally” saw a woman standing nude in her house, it would be the man they were arresting. This is pure bull. BTW-I would complain about seeing him naked!

8. Jersey says

I just wish this story had the opportunity for endless re-hash ala Carrie bible-titties because I could look at pics of that dude for at least another 15 minutes. Hubba-hubba.

9. JJJS says

The woman and the Judge I am 100% sure are Christianists.

I have read the woman ruining this man’s life is a Christianist …. and her husband is a Police Chief.

The is old fashion good ol boy corruption …the judge is of course going to jail someone the wife of the Police Chief wants locked up — with no evidence.

Virginia is a cesspool of the Southern Ignorance and new money.

10. Disgusted American says

This Guy is Sooooo Dammmm HOTTTTT!!!!!! He can be nude around me anytime…..I’d love to see his “Happy Trail” …grrr, dam you just tell that he’s Hairy/sexy as hell!

11. Jim says

In America, we have the right to kill an intruder in our home in self-defense, yet we do not have the right to make coffee in the nude in that same home. Our country is so incredibly screwed up! The land of the free… unless you’re naked!

12. DR says

§ 18.2-387. Indecent exposure.

Every person who intentionally makes an obscene display or exposure of his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where others are present, or procures another to so expose himself, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. No person shall be deemed to be in violation of this section for breastfeeding a child in any public place or any place where others are present.

I guess that’s the statute he was convicted under. I’m guessing that in weighing the credibility of the three testifying witnesses, he ruled for the Commonwealth. I can’t wait to see the appeal in this case.

13. says

Her should bring charges of TRESSPASSING and VOYERISM against the two frigid bitches who cut across his property and looked in his window.

On a personal note. Anyone have his adress?

14. Derrick from Philly says

“…. that the nosy Mrs. Cravitz’s can’t freak the fuck out over seeing some hot man’c cock”

You’re so right, HOMER, but Uncle Arthur would’ve loved him….and we know why.

15. Disgusted American says

HOMER – you almost got it…..it’s Mrs Kravitz (with a K) ……”Abner”!!! “I saw a Sexy Naked Man threw his window making coffee,as I was cutting threw his yard..to look into the Steven’s House’s widow” ! LOL ……Abner: “Ok Gladys, calm down..where’s your medicine”?..”on second thought,let’s play house…you be the door, I’ll shut ya”! LOL

16. Beef and Fur says

Yes, please coming from VA this isn’t surprising. But back to the question of the day. Why can’t I have this guy for a neighbor? It would sure beat the old ladies and bible beaters. This guy could be my nude neighbor anytime he wanted to. The house next door is for sale. Maybe I will send him an email.

17. stephen says

I thought of this guy this morning when coming out of the shower I cut through my LR & changed the TV channel…

It would be funnier if it wasn’t SO f’n scary; what CONTINUES to be wrong with Americans re: sexuality.

To be naked is not to be lewd, dingbat.

18. bobbyjoe says

The judge sounds like a nut. In a sane country, the mere fact that the judge compared this case to John Dillinger should result in his immediate removal from the bench and serious psychological evaluation. Instead, once Sarah Palin becomes president, this guy will probably be nominated to the Supreme Court.

19. Derrick from Philly says

“The comparison to John Dillinger makes this more intriguing. Dillinger is noted as having a very large penis”

No wonder J. Edgar Hooover wanted to catch him so bad. I couldn’t blame “her” now that you’ve educated me on that, TOOTIE.

20. john says

yeah how has he not been offered a photo-shoot by Playgirl? the pictures could be taken through his window as he makes coffee, it’s just a no-brainer. He lost a job and needs money, lets see the goods. And the south will be this nations downfall..only THEY could equate some guy standing naked in his own house to a bank robber weilding a fire-arm…INSANE!

21. Paul R says

She wasn’t trespassing; there’s a public trail next to his house that many people use to take their children to school. There are also claims that he made attention-getting noise when this woman and another walked by, and at one point stood nude in front of a large window and made eye contact with one of the women (who was walking her son to school, not a daughter as claimed in some early reports).

I also don’t understand how this case caused him to lose his job as a commercial diver (?!). He should be suing his former employer for wrongful termination.

No I am NOT defending this ludicrous charge, and it reminds me of why I moved from VA and its crazy judicial system. But I’m nude all the time in my place, which is on the street level of a very busy street and has a walkway on the side used by people in the building next door. I know that many of them have seen me nude, so I’ve learned to draw the blinds at times. Though one guy next door has started talking to me a lot recently, so the benefits of being a mild exhibitionist may just pay off!

22. Eric says

We pervs know that the defining element of exhibition/peeping cases is, “did the naked person have a REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY?” Reasonable, here, is defined as what would a jury of your peers say.

Someone sees you naked in your hotel room? Well, were you flaunting your stuff in front of an open curtain, or were they pressing their eyes up against the window to see thru a one-inch crack in the curtains? What was the reasonable expectation of privacy?

If it’s true here that these people were cutting thru his property, AND otherwise no one from off his property would’ve seen him, then yea…. he has a totally reasonable expectation of privacy. He should appeal, and SUE.

23. Eric says

QUICK FOLLOW UP: Ah. Publicly used pathway nearby. (Subjectively) garnering attention. Standing full in front of a window nekkid. Not good. Presuming these facts to be credible, if I were on the jury, I’d say “guilty.”

24. sullyosully says

I wonder if he was unattractive would we all be so outraged and supportive? This whole thing seems crazy but maybe he was waving his junk around, who knows, things are rarely as black and white as they seem.

25. Goober Peas says

So this judge defines making coffee naked as “obscene”? The human body in its natural state is obscene? This is the dumbest case I’ve heard of in quite a while. When oh when will Americans get over their Puritan past and be free of this freakish prudishness and shame?

26. says

There has to be one of the stupidest stories to hit the headlines this year. The guy obviously wasn’t intending to upset anyone, and if she hadn’t trespassed on his land then the woman and child would never have experienced said “horrific” crime.

What the police need to be doing is spending more time actually focused on finding those who are truly intending to do harm, and Fox news you’re really not helping. You’re winding up the conservative crowd and also making the police look like a laughing stock. Please try harder in 2010.

27. Swellster says

This is in Fairfax County, Virginia, which is one of the more conservative parts of the DC Suburbs, but not ultra conservative like southern Virginia.

The way courts in Virginia work is that he gets an automatic de novo appeal from General District Court. He will get a new trial with a new judge in Circuit Court. The original trial is not of record and it really does happen all over again.

Normally the repubs are all about the sanctity of the home and personal property, but not when a penis is involved. We has such screwed up priorities in this country. I bet that woman had no problem letting her son watch violence on TV but she is offended to the point of complaining about a naked guy in his own house.