Barack Obama | News | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Sarah Palin: Obama Birth Certificate Question Legit Because of Conspiracy Theories Surrounding Her Son Trig

Humphries

Sarah Palin spoke to conservative radio host Rusty Humphries yesterday and said that she agrees with those with concerns over Obama's birth certificate.

Said Palin: "I think the public rightfully is still making it an issue. I don't have a problem with that. I don't know if I would have to bother to make it an issue [if I ran for election], because I think that members of the electorate still want answers...I think it's a fair question, just like I think past association and past voting records — all of that is fair game. The McCain-Palin campaign didn't do a good enough job in that area."

She also legitimized the debate by offering the comparison that she had to produce a birth certificate to prove her son Trig was really hers.

Palin later "clarified" her views on Facebook: "Voters have every right to ask candidates for information if they so choose. I’ve pointed out that it was seemingly fair game during the 2008 election for many on the left to badger my doctor and lawyer for proof that Trig is in fact my child. Conspiracy-minded reporters and voters had a right to ask... which they have repeatedly. But at no point – not during the campaign, and not during recent interviews – have I asked the president to produce his birth certificate or suggested that he was not born in the United States."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Obviously Sarah's dumping Todd to rush off to Canada and marry Orly Tainz.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 4, 2009 9:20:17 AM

2. Maybe it would be a fair story if not for the fact that his birth certificate has been presented again and again on national tv and elsewhere. I had to laugh when Rachel Maddow was showing pictures of it on her show. Palin's story was only ever a story because she went into labor, then took a plane to Texas, then gave a speech, then went *back* on a plane back to Alaska, with an hour stopover in Seattle, all for a grand total of 18 hours... in labor, with a child who she knew had down syndrome. It was bizarre. But she actually did it, so, um, I guess she gets a huge grats for her very high saving throw on pain tolerance and getting past airport security - the airlines would not have let her fly had they a) known she was so advanced in pregnancy (she never showed) and b) that she was IN LABOR... but she did it. She may be bat shit crazy, irresponsible and have horrific leadership skillz, but the woman can certainly tolerate pain like a true "Hockey Mom" should, for whatever that's worth.

Posted by: Ryan | Dec 4, 2009 9:39:11 AM

3. Blah, blah, blah...

Nothing new to see here, folks. Move along...

Posted by: ichabod | Dec 4, 2009 9:44:42 AM

4. First of all, the whole controversy surrounding Trig was absolutely disgusting. We must all acknowledge that in no uncertain terms. The crusade by Andrew Sullivan and the Daily Kos designed to humilate her as a mother were repulsive and Daily Kos and Sullivan should be ashamed and they owe Palin an apology.

At the same time, it doesn't make sense that she would say it's okay to seek to undermine someone else in a similiar way just because she was also subject to it. Once again, she proves she's an airhead, but I still think the Trig conspiracy theories were horrible and even an anti-gay Republican idiot like Palin should have been subjected to that nonsense.

Posted by: DavyG | Dec 4, 2009 9:52:43 AM

5. More proof that she's a petty douchebag. Second verse, same as the first.

Posted by: MikeMick | Dec 4, 2009 10:07:54 AM

6. I've had about all I can take of this....

OK, listen closely, this is the problem:

1) In the USA, people are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

2) Political candidates are vetted as part of the process to run for office.

Unless they have proof of a crime or conspiracy, then if so, take it to court, otherwise STFU.

One would think, that a person who seeks to be president of the USA, would have a problem with a person being forced to prove their innocence. It's the other way around people. We just can't be giving up rights willy nilly and by forcing Obama to post his birth certificate that's what they are asking him to do and that's exactly why he shouldn't do it.

Innocent until proven guilty. It's a good thing.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Dec 4, 2009 10:23:48 AM

7. She seriously needs to "go-the-fuck-away"

What is sadder still are the morons who believe all this "birth certificate" crap, and pass this information around as though it were fact.

Unfortunately, there ARE enough stupid people in this country who think she is the Republican Partys rising "star" - so I'm sure we've not seen the last of her.

Posted by: jtramon | Dec 4, 2009 10:58:04 AM

8. Ah, Sarah Palin; the gift that just keeps on giving.

We all need to continue thanking John McCain for creating this monster.

Posted by: chasmader | Dec 4, 2009 11:23:04 AM

9. Seriously, Obama (by the rules and regulations of the great state of Hawaii) is NOT a natural born citizen although he was born in the United States. That is just the truth. Further more, when he was adopted by a Kenyan in Kenya his citizenship became even more Kenyan. However, I don't side with the birther argument simply because I don't care where he is from. My hatred for Obama is that Obama has not kept a single campaign promise that he made to any group of people (certainly not the ones he made to gays and lesbians). The man is nothing more than Bush Lite (or Bush 2.0) and I would gladly vote for Palin in 2012 over Obama because at least we know who she is not who she is pretending to be.

Posted by: galefan2004 | Dec 4, 2009 11:46:05 AM

10. Seriously, GaleFan2004, you are a fucking fucktard from Fucktardistan. And as such, you are not a citizen of the United States and even if you provide a copy of your birth certificate, we won't believe it because everyone knows citizens of Fucktardistan carry around fake birth certificates.

Posted by: homer | Dec 4, 2009 11:58:02 AM

11. C/mom Galefan

Seriously. Do you often find yourself looking in the mirror and thinking "I really COULDN't be more of a moron if I tried"???

Yes, we do in fact know who Palin is. That, my friend, is the problem.

As for you, you need to relax a bit. Using the word "hatred" is just a bit strong, dontchya think? You betcha!

Posted by: jtramon | Dec 4, 2009 12:47:01 PM

12. Just watched the LA drag performer Jackie Beat do a song about Sarah Palin last night here in San Francisco and it was great. Sarah P=waste of airspace.

Posted by: SFshawn | Dec 4, 2009 1:02:23 PM

13. galefan You are either a old geezer pissed that Mccain/Palin didn't win, and a black man did, or you're some old cracker from the swamps.

"...when he was adopted by a Kenyan in Kenya his citizenship became even more Kenyan..." WTF?

When you say something stupid "you become more stupider". Duh.

Posted by: guidedone | Dec 4, 2009 1:03:05 PM

14. Oh, the wingnut trolls are out in force on this one... the "disgusting Trig controversy?" Really? Well, what sane woman not only flies to Dallas in labor, gives a speech, flies back through and includes an hour layover in Seattle, gets on a puddle-jumper to Anchorage, and then takes a two-hour car ride to Wasilla? I'll tell you who... someone who has something to hide, and gets back to where her power base is in order to conceal the truth.

If I'm wrong, why doesn't Mrs. Palin produce that birth certificate? Does it exist as she claims, or does it show who the real mother is? Maybe Levi does know a few things that could hurt Sister Sarah, to the point of political death and exile!

Posted by: Jamie | Dec 4, 2009 1:22:43 PM

15. she is to me as this video zero sense

Posted by: hassia | Dec 4, 2009 2:27:26 PM

16. Galefan must be Oily Taint. Stupid bitch.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Dec 4, 2009 4:14:15 PM

17. "Seriously, GaleFan2004, you are a fucking fucktard from Fucktardistan. And as such, you are not a citizen of the United States and even if you provide a copy of your birth certificate, we won't believe it because everyone knows citizens of Fucktardistan carry around fake birth certificates."

Hee hee hee hee...LOL! HA HA HA! Classic Towleroad Gem.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 4, 2009 4:42:26 PM

18. "I would gladly vote for Palin in 2012 over Obama because at least we know who she is not who she is pretending to be."

Sarah Palin isn't pretending to be anything she isn't, in other words, she's genuine? Oh my, that's a good one. Wow, GALEFAN2004, your comment was better than the Onion. You almost made me believe for a second there that you weren't writing satire. Plus all the birther nonsense, too much crazy for one comment, man. (And if you weren't writing satire, who dropped you on your head as a baby?)

Posted by: Ernie | Dec 4, 2009 6:38:28 PM