Film | Gay Marriage | New York | News | Sarah Jessica Parker

BigGayDeal.com

Sex and the City 2 Trailer Features Glimpse of Gay Wedding

Satc2

The Sex and the City 2 trailer was unleashed upon the world yesterday and it appears the rumored gay wedding made the cut.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That was the most underwhelming trailer I've seen in a while.

Posted by: Aron | Dec 23, 2009 9:45:06 AM

2. I think it looks fun. Hopefully it is not a downer like the first movie. They are at their best when they are having a good time, being silly, etc.

Posted by: Brad | Dec 23, 2009 9:57:56 AM

3. Who's getting married? That does not look like Stanford Blatch up there... unless he's wearing a piece.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 23, 2009 10:29:26 AM

4. Why do I get a sense of "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" when I see this trailer?

Posted by: alex | Dec 23, 2009 11:11:18 AM

5. Liza said in an interview that she sings "Single Ladies" at the wedding. Does she? Or was she being delusional again?

Posted by: JeffNYC | Dec 23, 2009 11:23:43 AM

6. What happened to Stanford's cute bf?....

Posted by: alan brickman | Dec 23, 2009 11:26:44 AM

7. Oh god! Try to keep an open mind and wait for it's release.

I NEVER trust any "critic's" review of a movie, I like to make my own mind up thanks.

Posted by: Marc | Dec 23, 2009 11:31:49 AM

8. Was a fan of the show but the first movie sucked, the only good thing was Samantha's next door hottie Gilles Marini, who they do not bring back in the second.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Dec 23, 2009 11:34:28 AM

9. My gripe has always been that these two didn't like each other when they met and have had half a second of screen time together. After the bummer of a first movie, it seems like the writer thought, "Let's do a gay wedding to keep things light!" - and since they only had two characters to choose from, they married them.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 23, 2009 11:35:05 AM

10. They have probably chosen two ugly actors to play the gay couple. The hot ones play straight men.

I seriously don't understand why so many gay men like SATC, when it's obviously not made to please us.

Posted by: Josh | Dec 23, 2009 1:08:54 PM

11. I loed the first movie and I am sure I will love this one as well.

However.

Sanford and that annoying Mario Queen are So not each others types! It's like the producers figured any two Gay guys would naturally be with each other. It reminds me of when people just assume all Black people at a company know and hang out with each other.

And could someone , everyone, PLEASE stop hiring that awful Mario Cantone? Blech.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Dec 23, 2009 1:45:19 PM

12. If it weren't for this Botox, I'd yawn.

Posted by: LD | Dec 23, 2009 1:50:56 PM

13. am i the only gay man in America who has never seen and will never see this show? or the movies? i tried watching season one and just didn't get it. what is the draw for gay men about watching a bunch of catty chicks carry on about whatever?

Posted by: DR | Dec 23, 2009 1:52:02 PM

14. "what is the draw for gay men about watching a bunch of catty chicks carry on about whatever?"

I think you answered your own question :P

Posted by: CJ | Dec 23, 2009 2:04:21 PM

15. when will this show die?

Posted by: another matt | Dec 23, 2009 2:27:58 PM

16. ok bitter bitches, lighten up. This looks good!

Posted by: KFLO | Dec 23, 2009 3:26:09 PM

17. Wow...this is a lot of vitriol. I must have accidentally clicked on the NPR webpage..

The show and the movies are just candy-colored fun for people who like fashion, hot people, and NYC. If you've actually watched the entire series, it did an excellent job of commenting on the culture of the moment, and A LOT to do with bringing positive women's sexuality into the mainstream.

I mean, it's not 'Six Feet Under' people, but also not a reason to critically pan it.

Posted by: Daniel | Dec 23, 2009 3:36:53 PM

18. Great, a show which did a great job about showing women's sexuality in a positive light... so again, I ask, what is the draw for gay men?

Posted by: DR | Dec 23, 2009 4:30:59 PM

19. DR, you must not enjoy anything huh? The screenwriter/director is a Gay. Show some support.

Posted by: sugarrhill | Dec 23, 2009 5:21:49 PM

20. "Cougars in the City" would be apt if they keep this up. ;)

Posted by: Jexer | Dec 23, 2009 6:17:35 PM

21. Not only did the gay wedding make the cut, but a friend of mine who was on set for it has audio of Liza singing Single ladies for it. (which really, is just a little too old especially by the time that the movie comes out, i mean LET. IT. DIE.)

THE RUMORS ARE TRUE, LADIES.

Posted by: clayton | Dec 23, 2009 7:18:24 PM

22. That's actually a man and a LIZA standing at the altar...if you look close you will notice the sequins...a dead giveaway! However, the case could still be made that this is a Gay Wedding

Posted by: Steven | Dec 23, 2009 8:22:29 PM

23. "am i the only gay man in America who has never seen and will never see this show?"

No. Though I tried after several people I no longer respect sang its praises. I couldn't get past five minutes of an episode.

Posted by: TANK | Dec 23, 2009 10:04:24 PM

24. Why don't they make a movie out of arrested development? That wouldn't make me want to put a cigarette out in my eye. That's right, they are! "Oh girls, let's go eat a big huge tub of ice cream with our big amorphous sweaters on and talk about SITC!" How do people expect to be taken seriously who are that two dimensional?

Posted by: TANK | Dec 23, 2009 10:09:54 PM

25. I agree with you Derek Washington, that Mario Cantone is as awful and despicable in real life as in the series.

Posted by: bading | Dec 23, 2009 10:14:29 PM