Lady Gaga | News

There's a Bat in the Bath and it's Lady Gaga

Gaga1

Lady Gaga performed "Bad Romance" on Britain's X Factor over the weekend.

Watch the freak bitch and stay for the interview at the end, AFTER THE JUMP...

Gaga2

Comments

1. She is the anti-Briney. Luvs her!

Posted by: Odsbjorn | Dec 7, 2009 9:45:34 AM

2. Bat Romance?

Posted by: Andy F | Dec 7, 2009 10:50:48 AM

3. It was an excellent performance by a great performance artist!

Don't over-analyze it people.

She is entertaining, that is her job.

Posted by: Marc | Dec 7, 2009 10:52:59 AM

4. I am hoping Lady Gaga will not be participating in any way in the Grammys unless and until Buju Banton's nomination is withdrawn. (Banton, a reggae performer from Jamaica, has called for the murder of gay people.)

Could someone who might know L.G. or her staff contact her about that?

GLAAD also needs to make a much stronger statement.

Posted by: John | Dec 7, 2009 11:06:29 AM

5. @John

While I agree with your sentiment, I think its more beneficial for a gay positive performer to be visible on such a high profile platform than protest one nominee that will probably not get to perform.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 7, 2009 11:12:59 AM

6. Awesome performance by LG. Can't wait for janet!

Posted by: sparks | Dec 7, 2009 11:19:31 AM

7. "freak bitch?" isn't that a bit harsh??

Posted by: ty | Dec 7, 2009 11:33:24 AM

8. Don't you mean freak bit? Since if you bought her album on iTunes or Amazon, the damned song came edited and they say "bit" instead of "bitch." Even if you buy them from the Deluxe version.

Rude.

Posted by: Bizzle | Dec 7, 2009 11:35:35 AM

9. yeah, why the 'freak bitch' remark?

Posted by: rob | Dec 7, 2009 11:39:17 AM

10. GAGA GAGA GAGA GAGALICIOUS....she is awesome.

Posted by: Bosie | Dec 7, 2009 11:40:30 AM

11. She loudly refers to herself as a "freak bitch" in this song.

Posted by: Steven W. | Dec 7, 2009 11:44:54 AM

12. "Freak Bitch"????? I find her more expressive than freaky...

Posted by: NewEng | Dec 7, 2009 11:46:20 AM

13. Like @Steven W. said, there's a lyric in the song that seems to go: 'Cause I'm a Freak (or Free) Bitch, baby' depending on how you hear it.

Posted by: Tim | Dec 7, 2009 12:10:06 PM

14. I think she's saying "free bitch," not "freak bitch." Either way she's wonderful.

Posted by: CJ | Dec 7, 2009 12:14:27 PM

15. I hate Gaga. I find nothing redeeming in her music, and she tries to hard to be Madonna, and falls way short. She frightens me.

Posted by: Jack | Dec 7, 2009 12:18:52 PM

16. I thought it was Bath Romance.

She can call herself a bitch all she likes. She knows it's what people call her behind her back.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 7, 2009 12:49:06 PM

17. @ Jack. I agree. She is definitely trying hard to be an entertaining figure amid all the other pop stars of today and its just gimmick and song-stealing left and right. That said, I'll still shimmy to it.

Posted by: Moy | Dec 7, 2009 12:50:04 PM

18. Wow you people obviously know nothing and talk much. There are several songs where she uses the phrase "freak bitch" (in the liner notes, it isn't "free" anything), hence Andy referring to her as one here. He isn't disparaging her.

Song stealing? How exactly when she writes almost all of her own music? Curious accusation. She was a songwriter before she was famous as GaGa.

She isn't my favorite person in the world and I don't fawn over her like many, but I think she is talented (far more so than Britney or Miley or any of the other "popstars" out there).

Gays just can't say something isn't their cup of tea and leave it at that. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Posted by: Bizzle | Dec 7, 2009 1:17:55 PM

19. She's definitely saying "free bitch" (y'all betta RECOGNIZE!!!), but I've been hearing people sing "freak bitch" incorrectly since the album came out. It makes so much more sense as her being a "free bitch". Long live the Gaga!

Posted by: Brooks | Dec 7, 2009 2:29:21 PM

20. you can watch the UNDELETED Lady Gaga X Factor video here: http://galechesterwhittington2.blogspot.com/2009/12/danyl-johnson-voted-off-show-8-x-factor.html as well as see Janet Jackson perform "All For You/Make Me," plus watch 15 videos of the contestants' peformances. You'll also find 50 photos from the weekend extravaganza!

Posted by: Gale Chester Whittington | Dec 7, 2009 2:56:23 PM

21. You can watch the UNDELETED X Factor video here: http://galechesterwhittington2.blogspot.com/2009/12/danyl-johnson-voted-off-show-8-x-factor.html as well as see the video of Janet Jackson doing "All For You/Make Me" plus 15 videos of the contestants' performances and 50 photos from the weekend extravaganza. Long Live Gaga and Performance Art!

Posted by: Gale Chester Whittington | Dec 7, 2009 3:04:22 PM

22. its "free bitch," guys.

Posted by: TheOtherMark | Dec 7, 2009 4:58:01 PM

23. Her videos are brilliant!

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 7, 2009 5:55:01 PM

24. I hope the title is sposed to say "free bitch" instead of "freak bitch" cause if not im sooooo done with this site, i love me some Gaga!!

Posted by: Shae | Dec 7, 2009 8:22:13 PM