Towleroad Guide to the Tube #579: NY Senate Marriage Debate

Because it's important to remember who stood up for us today, here are just four of the speakers whose testimony I found particularly moving: Senator Diane Savino, Senator Ruth Hassell-Thompson, Senator Eric Adams, and Senator Daniel Squadron. I'd also include Senator Espada's if it were online.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Ben says

2. ronnykmarshall says

Please, everyone. Please call, e-mail, write or fax and thank these people for standing up for us.

3. Michael @ LeonardMatlovich.com says

Of those several I heard, Ruth Hassell-Thompson was the outstanding example of choosing love and justice. Her late gay brother, driven into exile in France by their father, would be so proud.

4. JP says

I have never been more proud that the senator from where I grew up, Savino, stood up for us with such a great speech.

5. Chrisotpher says

Why do all of the Senator’s indicate at the beginning of their speech that they are “nervous”?
    Passionate, I understand. But being nervous seems to indicate a concern that you are doing something wrong. Providing the people you serve with equal rights is never wrong.

6. Carlie says

Sen. Espada’s speech:

I read “nervous” to mean that they were feeling the weight, the historic nature of the vote.

7. says

Dear Shell Award Winner,

Following the results of our annual Award/Grant draws concluded this
    month, we are pleased to inform you, that your e-mail address emerged
    as a lucky winner in the 2009 Shell Award and you have been approved of
    a lump sum of £500,000.00 (Five hundred thousand pounds) attached to Pin SPDC-62 which should be paid to you in full.

You have been assigned to contact
    Us for immediate acquaintance with guidelines for the claim and
    subsequent payment of your prize award.

Keep your winning information confidential to avoid double claim.

Regards,