News | Scott Evans | Soap Operas

Watch: Scott Evans and Brett Claywell Sex on One Life to Live

Kish

ABC, which was taken to task over the Adam Lambert censorship, has taken Scott Evans (Fish) and Brett Claywell's (Kyle) romance to the bedroom. This is not your mother's soap opera.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I saw it yesterday! It is awesome.

Posted by: Jake F | Dec 31, 2009 11:08:07 AM

2. "Is it always going to be like this?"
    God, I hope not... Here's wishing these boys better booty music in 2010!

Posted by: JesryPo | Dec 31, 2009 11:11:19 AM

3. That was hot.

Posted by: W | Dec 31, 2009 11:18:45 AM

4. Um, OK. I thought it was gonna be funny, but it was kinda hot.

Posted by: David T | Dec 31, 2009 11:30:17 AM

5. It was Hot and it was tastefully done. They also has a str8 "making love" scene on the same episode. I wonder how the reaction has been? Right on for One Life to live.

Posted by: Dairyqueen | Dec 31, 2009 11:37:02 AM

6. A piece of gay pop culture history was made yesterday. How great was it to see these two cgreat characters come together in a romantic and intimate acting performance that really respected our relationships and focused on two men in love. What you don't see is that a straight couple on the show basically mirrored what these two did basically equating the visual notion that their was no difference between them. Just an incredible TV moment for gay men yesterday.

Posted by: Sean | Dec 31, 2009 11:40:27 AM

7. That was pretty hot.

Posted by: Jersey | Dec 31, 2009 11:40:50 AM

8. I've watched the show almost 30 years. Never thought I'd see the day a gay couple got a love scene like the straight couples do. This is truly progress. Let's hope they're not inundated with complaints.

Posted by: Johnny | Dec 31, 2009 11:41:41 AM

9. That was amazingly tender and well done!

Posted by: JohnnyP | Dec 31, 2009 11:47:49 AM

10. A little too sweet & sensitive for me, but it is what it is, soap opera sex. Over romanticized, dramatizations of unrealistic relationships. Glad to see our side finally get some equal screen time. I doubt daytime audiences are ready for a realistic depiction of gay sex...I don't want to try to explain water sports & leather to my Grandma (again).

Posted by: JSH | Dec 31, 2009 11:56:09 AM

11. That was nice but still nowhere near as hot as Ollie and Christian's first love scene.

Posted by: Boone68 | Dec 31, 2009 12:06:13 PM

12. I LOVE the ending - "Is it always going to be like this?" ... "Always..." Wonderful, awesome, amazing and well-done. Thank you One Life To Live.

We need/want/demand more storylines and scenes like this in PRIMETIME DAMMIT!!!

Posted by: The OS2Guy | Dec 31, 2009 12:10:29 PM

13. Great Scott Evans interview on The Advocate website too.

Posted by: Aaron K | Dec 31, 2009 12:25:42 PM

14. tasteful, well-acted and well-shot. i am glad to see it. and despite comments to the contrary, nice to see a gay couple romantically involved as well as sexually involved.

Posted by: DR | Dec 31, 2009 12:29:54 PM

15. Very. Well. Done. I always light candles, incense, dim all incandecent lights (60 watt GE soft pink...no one ever got laid properly in florencent or LED light. Trust me.), and play music (but more fun than OLTL's choice of song...maybe something UltraChill to Euphoria-Electro-Jazz from Europe.) Have more fun in bed in 2010!

Posted by: Mark | Dec 31, 2009 12:36:49 PM

16. doubt daytime audiences are ready for a realistic depiction of gay sex...I don't want to try to explain water sports & leather to my Grandma (again).
    -----------------------------------

Huh? Oh yeah, I forgot. All gay men want you to urinate on them.

Posted by: David T | Dec 31, 2009 12:40:35 PM

17. "I don't want to try to explain water sports & leather to my Grandma (again). "

Hell would freeze over before I would ever partake in leather or water sports for sex.

Posted by: Zach | Dec 31, 2009 12:42:34 PM

18. Why would you explain watersports to your grandma. I'm still sorry anyone ever explained that to me. ewww.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Dec 31, 2009 12:56:00 PM

19. he was kidding. he didn't explain watersports to his grandma. he explained fisting. ;-)

Posted by: eric | Dec 31, 2009 1:10:28 PM

20. That was quite possibly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Posted by: Eric Axelson | Dec 31, 2009 1:11:03 PM

21. LOVED IT!! I've watched this show since I was a tiny child and to see the feelings I have represented on screen was monumental.

Thank you ABC and One Life To Live for such an amazing storyline and beautiful love scene.

Posted by: Bobby | Dec 31, 2009 1:14:35 PM

22. That clip is a very welcome New Year's gift to all of us who are a tad discouraged about the victory of the bigots in California and Maine. If ABC is willing to air that scene, it's only a matter of time before the bigots loose.

Posted by: Ritorna | Dec 31, 2009 1:17:01 PM

23. Actually, Andy, it IS my mother's soap. And my late grandmother's too - she's the one who got me hooked about 31 years ago! And no, it was not this scene that made her my late grandmother. I wish I could ask her what she thought of this, though. My best guess as to her response - "These kids are crazy." :)

Posted by: TonyG | Dec 31, 2009 1:18:53 PM

24. Gentlemen...a little watersports never hurt anyone...and it is safe sex...don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

That scene actually brought tears to my eyes! So sweet and very respectful of the characters' relationship. And Scott Evans simply could NOT be any sexier!!

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 31, 2009 1:24:48 PM

25. "This is not your mother's soap opera." ... but it *is* my mother's soap opera. We used to watch this soap together, in fact! I never thought they'd do a storyline like this. Completely PG-rated scene with the *same* cheesy candlelight treatment they give the straight couples. Kudos to ABC, "a different kind of family" indeed!

Posted by: Steve B | Dec 31, 2009 1:31:59 PM