Film | Mormon | News | Proposition 8 | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #594

MORMONS and PROP 8: Filmmakers behind 8: The Mormon Proposition, talk about the film.

PHILIP HUANG: Gay, Asian activist took his message to a pro-life rally in SF this weekend.

ROB TISINAI: Rob hopes to arm people with the truth to combat the vicious myths wingnuts try to spread about gays and children.

FACE-OFF: Bear vs. cat.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Rob Tisinai's video is outstanding.
    It deserves to win some kind of media award.

Posted by: Gordon | Jan 25, 2010 6:16:41 PM

2. Phillip Huang comes off like a drunken nutjob here. He really doesn't do the pro-choice forces any favors by shouting "fuck this" and "Motherfuckers" at a rally where there are minors (note the banners from churches -- how many minds did Huang open up by his infantile ranting?). And while the 1st amendment guarantees his right to free speech, it also guarantees the anti-choice side that same right. And I doubt that every person at a pro-life rally thinks it's O.K to kill doctors who perform abortions, no matter how reprehensive they find the practice.

Posted by: Garrett | Jan 25, 2010 7:06:58 PM

3. I agree with Gordon. Rob's video needs to go viral.

Posted by: LTP | Jan 25, 2010 7:44:40 PM

4. I've been subscribed to Rob's channel for some time. He doesn't make videos frequently, but when he does, they are very well-researched and enlightening. He deserves a much bigger audience.

Posted by: sparks | Jan 25, 2010 8:16:41 PM

5. re: bear cub vs cat -- I live in bear territory, and that family is very stupid. They obviously had some sort of garbage and/or food stored on their porch, which drew the bear cub. They are very lucky that all they lost was the bag, and that their cat was not dessert, as well. I hope they've learned a lesson from this, but I sorta doubt it.

Posted by: Nathanial | Jan 25, 2010 8:22:17 PM

6. "And I doubt that every person at a pro-life rally thinks it's O.K to kill doctors who perform abortions, no matter how reprehensive they find the practice."

The fact that a significant number do exposes the motives of the position while simultaneously undermining it.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 25, 2010 8:23:13 PM

7. Philip Huang = another annoying San Francisco Gaysian

Posted by: GrabbinNewscum | Jan 25, 2010 9:51:08 PM

8. Hi Garrett,

You're absolutely right. I was a drunk queer running around and scaring the kids. Most of what I said was infantile and probably counterproductive to genuine dialogue. But I'll be damned if I let the Catholic Church hold a pro-life rally in my town in peace.

Fuck them.

Fuck them hard.

May queer always be outlaws.

-Philip Huang

Posted by: Philip Huang | Jan 25, 2010 9:55:08 PM

9. Grabbienewscum,

You also forgot an actress and a model.

-Philip Huang

Posted by: Philip Huang | Jan 25, 2010 9:58:41 PM

10. IMHO, we need Philip Huangs.

Posted by: bading | Jan 25, 2010 10:19:47 PM

11. As my (straight) friend said this morning: "Phillip Huang, you have a huge scrote bag and you are a San Francisco hero."

Posted by: Wagnerian | Jan 25, 2010 11:04:21 PM

12. ZZZzzz. Philip Huang = just another example of typical San Francisco masturbatory activism, where success is defined by how good it makes you feel, not how successful you are in creating actual change.

Posted by: GrabbinNewscum | Jan 26, 2010 12:11:36 AM

13. Well Mr. Huang, you were certainly possessed by the Spirit!

You go girl!

And don't you worry about GRABBIN...whatever. He's just a turd who thinks he's oh clever, but really just boring.

Posted by: David R. | Jan 27, 2010 1:59:37 AM